Jose Mourinho; I made Chelsea special

hope hes back in the UK soon to manage

his press conferences were always the best

:D

Inter meet Chelsea in the first leg on February 24 – the first time Mourinho will have faced the club he led to back-to-back Premier League titles.

He said: “Even the warm-up is the warm-up they did in our time. The way they defend set-pieces is exactly the same.

“Sometimes they play a 4-4-2 diamond, sometimes they play 4-3-3, which are exactly the systems we worked there.

“It is the quality of a good coach – and Carlo Ancelotti is a good coach – to understand how the players feel most comfortable. Instead of making crazy changes, just fine-tune, which is normal to keep a winning structure.

“Ancelotti is very good and the team feels comfortable. The team really is top, one of the best in the world.”

Mourinho, who left under acrimonious circumstances after a fallout with owner Roman Abramovich, watched his old side beat Fulham in December. He added: “When I look at that team, only Branislav Ivanovic and Nicolas Anelka are not players from my time. All the other boys are boys from my time.

“It’s a team without secrets for me. But at the same time I’m a coach without secrets for them. It will be easy for me, but also easy for them.

“I know them, but they know me. I know the way they play, the way they think but, at the same time, they know the way I coach, the way I prepare my teams.”

Daily Express

He is quality.

I really hope Inter beat Chelsea too, Italian football needs a boost on a big stage.

Forza Nerazzurri!!!

Right we get your Italian or something like that but you don't need to put Forza "insert" at the end of every post.

Forza Yourmawwwzi

Forza your death.

I think the job that Ranieri did is overlooked far too often, because IMO he laid the foundations for Mourinho's success.

Guys like Terry, Makelele, Bridge, Lampard and Gallas were all prominent first team players when Mourinho came in, but all of them were signed by Ranieri (as was Cech although he only joined after Ranieri left).

He'd also taken them to second (after finishing fourth the previous season and sixth in the two campaigns before that) in the league behind an Arsenal team who were only every going to go into decline after the season they had, while taking them to the semi final's of The Champions League.

If he had stayed I think he would have won the league the year that Mourinho did for the first time.

I think the job that Ranieri did is overlooked far too often, because IMO he laid the foundations for Mourinho's success.

Guys like Terry, Makelele, Bridge, Lampard and Gallas were all prominent first team players when Mourinho came in, but all of them were signed by Ranieri (as was Cech although he only joined after Ranieri left).

He'd also taken them to second (after finishing fourth the previous season and sixth in the two campaigns before that) in the league behind an Arsenal team who were only every going to go into decline after the season they had, while taking them to the semi final's of The Champions League.

If he had stayed I think he would have won the league the year that Mourinho did for the first time.

I'm not sure if they'd have won the league but I do agree, Ranieri's work was very much overlooked at the time and still is. Don't forget Crespo, he brought in Crespo and Crespo played a big part in them winning a title.

He had his faults, the 'tinker-man', but he did a fine job at Chelsea.