Lee McCulloch makes himself available for Scotland duty again

Boab

Feb 14 2010 Mark Guidi, Sunday Mail

Lee McCulloch last night revealed he wants to play for Scotland again and would welcome the chance to be part of Craig Levein's plans.

The 31-year-old Rangers midfielder quit George Burley's squad in September 2008 to concentrate on getting his faltering club career back on track.

Now, for the first time, he's opened on his heart on the reasons he made that decision and why he now wants back in.

McCulloch - who has been in fine form this season - told Mailsport: "If Craig Levein wants to select me for next month's squad against Czech Republic I'd be delighted.

"I think I have something to offer, although not for a minute am I suggesting I should be starting games.

"But if Craig thinks I'd be a good addition to his squad then that's good enough for me. I'd just like to make myself available for selection again.

"Let me clear one or two things up. I never retired from Scotland - I just asked not be considered. There is a difference.

"George Burley took over from Alex McLeish and I never felt part of his plans. I got the impression he wasn't interested in me, didn't fancy me as a player.

"But I'm not 100 per cent sure about that because he never spoke to me.

"At that time I wasn't playing well for Rangers and I wasn't happy within myself. I was frustrated and things at club level were getting on top of me.

"I felt it was best to pull out of the Scotland set-up because my career at Rangers was in danger of going downhill rapidly.

"It was a time to concentrate on myself and be totally se sh. I owed that much to myself and to Rangers."

McCulloch is now a central figure in Walter Smith's Ibrox plans and the player now feels ready to put himself forward for international selection. The change of manager is also a factor and McCulloch added: "Craig is well respected and the type of manager players want to play for.

"Players who have played for Craig at club level have said he improved their game. I'd like to be given the chance to work under him but we'll wait and see."

We don't need him IMO.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/scot...86908-22041896/

Lee McCulloch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Darren Fletcher. (tu)

:lol:

For Scotland , yes

Fletcher is poor for Scotland.

No, people expect too much of him as he plays for Utd and he's also wrongly played by Scotland - too often played as a creator/too far forward for Scotland.

For Scotland , yes

No, people expect too much of him as he plays for Utd and he's also wrongly played by Scotland - too often played as a creator/too far forward for Scotland.

Spot on mate (tu)

For Scotland , yes

Spot on mate (tu)

He is right, but Fletcher still doesnt do enough

For Scotland , yes

Spot on mate (tu)

Really didn't know what you gonnae say there tbh haha, cheers big man (tu)