Bargain Buys In The Summer

supermac

If we do our research, we will pick up some excellent Bosman players and reasonably priced youngsters with bags of potential.

Our scouting over recent years has left a lot to be desired but the players are definitely there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the moroccan at Hibs, Zamama if Novo leaves.

Cant be fucked getting his spelling right. Think he would be a great impact player.

I would agree with that one. He is a one of those players that gets under your skin, hate him, but the kind of player you need in your team.

Despite his advancing years, I have no doubts that Kevin Phillips would be a very shrewd addition to our squad.

Depending on what you read Efstathios Tavlaridis has either been released by St Etienne, or is being released when his contract comes up in the Summer. Again he's a player who maybe isn't "that" good, but he could easily slot in and do a more than decent job at SPL level.

He's gone off the rails a bit and been shipped out to Toulouse on loan, but if he fancied a move back to Britain (even on a year long loan to get himself noticed South of the border )I think that Colin Kazim-Richards is the type of personality that Walter could drag the best from. And if he did we could add some much needed pace, trickery and directness to our wide areas.

Domestically speaking I think ther are actually quite a few players who could provide competition and challenge for a first team place in our squad at a moderate cost.

I really like Lukas Jutkiewicz. I think he'd be a good addition upfront and on the subject of Motherwell, Ruddy and Coke are well worth keeping an eye on too.

Arfield would also be a smart addition, as would Goncalves.

Realisiticaly I'd like us to look further afield, but I don't expect us too and I also think it's going to be a long drawn out Summer with little in the way of players coming in anyway :(

Obertan from Man U on loan

Pedersen from Blackburn on bosman

Zemmama from Hibs

Gael Katuka from Chelski on loan

Kevin Phillips is too old now

Mulgrew but hes a tim

Mclean from Aberdeen we shouldnt have let him go!

Tonel from Sporting Lisbon if Boogie goes

I dont know what his situation is but Seseignon(sp) from PSG

Kevin Phillips is too old now

Even at 36/7 I think he'd be an incredible palyer to have in the squad if we were chasing a game and needed a goal.

His expierence could also help guys like Lafferty, Naisy and Fleck no end.

It certainly wouldn't be the most glamorous of signings, but it would be a clever, clever move.

would have a look at james morrison of west brom, he looked good before his injury, he was being talked about for £4m but given that he's missed so much football that fee's bound to have dropped.

If/ when bougherra goes we'll get linked with sol bamba. be interesting to see how he does in the WC.

Would also like to see us bring in a cousin type battering ram CF, at the expense of either lafferty or naismith.

Mclean from Aberdeen we shouldnt have let him go!

What has he done?

He's not better than Lafferty or Naismith.

Scored loads at Sheffield Wednesday then got a bad injury and returned nowhere near as good as his form in his first season, then proceeded to score somthing like 9 goals in 40-50 odd appearances in the championship . oh he scored two goals against the Filth that makes him a good player again (tu)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Snodgrass is a tim.

tim or one of us,

he isn't good enough for us... yet

I think he is.

what about Dorrans?

One chance of signing him... no chance!

We couldn't afford him, and there are a number of Premiership sides looking at him.

i would love to see Mehdi Taouil at rangers

can i ask who is he?

Plays for Kilmarnock, no better than what we have, and very inconsistant.

I would be surprised if anymore than a couple of players came in during the summer and they may just be loan signings. The likes of Wylde, Ness, Fleck, Wilson and Kane Hemmings could all be in our first team next season

Kane Hemmings,now there's a name I think we are going to hear a lot of.Maybe as early as next season. (tu)

what about Dorrans?

One chance of signing him... no chance!

We couldn't afford him, and there are a number of Premiership sides looking at him.

damn, thats a shame. Was at the Scotland game the other day and he was one of the best players on the park.

Did he not used to play for Livingston or something like that?