We think Gers stars protesteth too much

For reasons I dont want to get into I stumbled across this piece of reporting from 10 years ago. The highlighted bit annoyed me but look at the size of the squad we had and please note the sarcastic tone of the short piece below. Absolute bullshit from the Evening Times. (To get the rest you need to play for it.)

We can't put a finger on it, but we get the feeling there's something not quite right at Rangers. Six, or was it seven, or was it eight, nine even, whatever number of summer signings, a first-team squad of around 75 players and yet are we sniffing the first whiff of internal conflict from within Castle Greyskull?There are just too many Rangers players falling over themselves to come out and say how happy they are to stay and fight for a place and how much The Gaffer has helped them become better players. But as far as real news goes, there's a distinct lack of…......

Typical Timmy though as i keep pulling them up when they use this pathetic "Castle Greyskull" - this is where THE GOOD GUYS LIVED !!

But to think that was written in the local newspaper of Glasgow shows how long we have allowed ourselves to be second class citizens in our own manor.