Info wanted

Bergy

Hi Gers fans!

I'm an Arsenal fan myself but came on here to see if I could get any information from you guys regarding games that took place between both sides.

In particular I'd be gratefull for information from a game in December '89 were we played at Ibrox in match sponsored by Zenith Data Sytems. Also both side's met in the unofficial British Championship (way before my time) but was there a lot of prestige on winning it at the time? The name would suggest so but it's difficult to find out much about the British Championship. There is a lot of history between both clib's dating back to the 30's.

Any info would be appreciated.

Kind Regards.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

December 19th 1989 - Rangers 1-2 Arsenal - British Championship (Zenith Data Systems Cup)

Attendance was 31,118.

Rangers played Arsenal a lot decades ago and had a strong friendship with them. They own some shares in Rangers too I believe. :)

ARSENAL USED TO BE my english team but since the childishness of arsen "didnt see it unless it suits me" wanker then ive hated them tbh ...football is a passionate game and if you cant take the heat then fuck off arsen...or at least be a man

i hear SPECSAVERS are doing good deals ffs....

The British Championship was played in the 1933-34 season. Rangers won the home leg 2-0 and the away leg 3-1. There were another 4 fixtures in that decade. The 50's and 60's saw a return to regular fixtures between the sides.

ARSENAL USED TO BE my english team but since the childishness of arsen "didnt see it unless it suits me" wanker then ive hated them tbh ...football is a passionate game and if you cant take the heat then fuck off arsen...or at least be a man

to be honest the man is only protecting his players like all top managers do. i would have to admit i like chelsea more but i have total admiration for they way arsenal go about there football, imo there is no right or wrong wae to play football, but there way is a beautiful football

The boy came on with a polite request for some info. Give him a break ffs.

He is a bit much sometimes. I think the fact he is defending his players is a good thing, he does take it to extremes though. But he is responsible for the invincible team and they were something else. He is a great manager.

Hi Gers fans!

I'm an Arsenal fan myself but came on here to see if I could get any information from you guys regarding games that took place between both sides.

In particular I'd be gratefull for information from a game in December '89 were we played at Ibrox in match sponsored by Zenith Data Sytems. Also both side's met in the unofficial British Championship (way before my time) but was there a lot of prestige on winning it at the time? The name would suggest so but it's difficult to find out much about the British Championship. There is a lot of history between both clib's dating back to the 30's.

Kind Regards.

Cheers. There seem to be conflicting reports though as to what the name of the trophy Arsenal won. I've heard British Champions Cup, Zenith Data Systems Cup, Zenith Data Systems Challenge and so on. Anyone know?

I've heard that as well (re the shares) how much truth there is I'm unsure as I'd asume one can not have shares in another. Maybe we did one time but certainly there was a strong connection back to the Great Herbert Chapman and Bill Struth.

If you give me half an hour I'll find out every score between Rangers and Arsenal and post it on here. Got nothing else to do. :anguish:

EDIT - No need, here you go: http://www.rangersfchistory.co.uk/teams/teamsa/arsenal.php :)

:praise: Good effort mate, top man.

That wasn't me. Poster on here called rangershistory runs that site, he does a good job. :)

Hi Gers fans!

Kind Regards.

Cheers. There seem to be conflicting reports though as to what the name of the trophy Arsenal won. I've heard British Champions Cup, Zenith Data Systems Cup, Zenith Data Systems Challenge and so on. Anyone know?

I've heard that as well (re the shares) how much truth there is I'm unsure as I'd asume one can not have shares in another. Maybe we did one time but certainly there was a strong connection back to the Great Herbert Chapman and Bill Struth.

Im sure that an owner of an english club can not have shares in any other clubs, dont know if it was just another english club, but im sure i herd that on sky sports news a while back when pompey got a new owner again :lol:

If you give me half an hour I'll find out every score between Rangers and Arsenal and post it on here. Got nothing else to do. :anguish:

EDIT - No need, here you go: http://www.rangersfchistory.co.uk/teams/teamsa/arsenal.php :)

:praise: Good effort mate, top man.

That wasn't me. Poster on here called rangershistory runs that site, he does a good job. :)

Your not wrong, really interesting read. (tu)

to be honest the man is only protecting his players like all top managers do. i would have to admit i like chelsea more but i have total admiration for they way arsenal go about there football, imo there is no right or wrong wae to play football, but there way is a beautiful football

He is a bit much sometimes. I think the fact he is defending his players is a good thing, he does take it to extremes though. But he is responsible for the invincible team and they were something else. He is a great manager.

i know guys ,but he is hated all over for that attitude,honesty is one of the greatest virtues.

wenger isnt honest in the slightest...i was brought up never to lie and to hate liars...

...in football wenger is the biggest LIAR im afraid.....he only admits to seeing what he wants to .thats wrong..

i know guys ,but he is hated all over for that attitude,honesty is one of the greatest virtues.

wenger isnt honest in the slightest...i was brought up never to lie and to hate liars...

...in football wenger is the biggest LIAR im afraid.....he only admits to seeing what he wants to .thats wrong..

well if sticking up for your players is wrong then you better tell that to Sir Alex aswell, and go and congratulate monkeyheid for ripping into his players, cause by the looks of things his players arent responding to it very well

At the end of the day he is only protecting his players and he said so in the Summer. I would think Walter Smith would do the same.

At the end of the day he is only protecting his players and he said so in the Summer. I would think Walter Smith would do the same.

ok mate no problem ..

Totaly agree mate, we can all see how the taigs players are responding to mowbrays public comments by saying basicly use arent good enough, and by saying that they have proved him right, they havent got the will to prove him wrong. As tony would say, "they took it on the chin and most moved on"

The Original friendship. :clap:

Arsenal were founded by a Scot but I don't know if he was the instigator of the first meeting.

liverpools first ever side where managed by a scot and had 11 glasgow shipbuilders in their side...mostly fae govan..

we dont have an affinity with them tbh