the more i see young Fleck

So you know more about football than the people that run Murray Park, is that what you're essentially saying?

I've claimed that there is a case of favouritism at Murray Park, not a lack of football knowledge.

John Brown is a bully. There is plenty of youngsters who've been at Murray Park who would tell you the exact same thing. Many, many parents had been up at Murray Park wanting to take the fucking heid off him. I doubt that was the case at Barcelona when Pep Guardiola was coaching the youngsters there, because he actually had football knowledge, John Brown doesn't, that doesn't mean everybody up at Murray Park lacks footballing knowledge, or else we'd never have seen players like Wilson coming through.

So you know more about football than the people that run Murray Park, is that what you're essentially saying?

I've claimed that there is a case of favouritism at Murray Park, not a lack of football knowledge.

John Brown is a bully. There is plenty of youngsters who've been at Murray Park who would tell you the exact same thing. Many, many parents had been up at Murray Park wanting to take the fucking heid off him. I doubt that was the case at Barcelona when Pep Guardiola was coaching the youngsters there, because he actually had football knowledge, John Brown doesn't, that doesn't mean everybody up at Murray Park lacks footballing knowledge, or else we'd never have seen players like Wilson coming through.

To be fair mate, I've had the same reservations about Murray Park. I'm not here to agree with everyone, I thought the initial post was a tad arrogant and I said so - don't hate me for it.

I am concerned by seeing Naismith at CM tonight. If we REALLY don't have one single CM that's at least as good as a out-of-form striker playing there, then I am worried. Are Hutton and Wilson enough to warrant the funding?

My cousin played for Rangers for years and the ability he has is absolutely breathtaking. I'm not being biased, I just appreciate a fucking fantastic footballer when I see one.

I, along with a few other members on here play 5/7's with him, so don't just take my word for it. I know I'll get the "he obviously wasn't good enough if he didn't get a game" replies, but I couldn't give two fucks. I know my football and I know when we've missed the boat on an incredible talent.

John Brown just didn't like him when he was coach. He liked to torment the young lads to enhance his ego, because he is a wanker. Controversial statement, yes, but so fuck. The guy is a cunt, regardless of his Rangers past.

What level does he play at now?

Scottish second division with a few offers down in England for next season. I won't say his name because I'll be posting a few inside stories in the coming days about John Brown and his coaching style.

To be fair mate, I've had the same reservations about Murray Park. I'm not here to agree with everyone, I thought the initial post was a tad arrogant and I said so - don't hate me for it.

I am concerned by seeing Naismith at CM tonight. If we REALLY don't have one single CM that's at least as good as a out-of-form striker playing there, then I am worried. Are Hutton and Wilson enough to warrant the funding?

When Murray Park was built I thought we'd be producing absolute quality players, because we're the best team in the country so we should be able to get the best young talent in the country and turn them into superstars.

Hutton is the only player who's done what I expected. Wilson looks like he will become a star too, but two or three players just isn't enough.

Let's be honest, the league is won now anyway, so I'd love to see a few of the youngsters get a run out in the coming matches. Experience is absolutely vital to their progression as footballers.

Potentially our problem in one there.

We do, as a club, seem to have this odd fascination of throwing our youngsters into away games against 'bogey' teams in high pressure matches, such as Dundee United in a quarter final and Pittodrie on the last day of the season when we need to win.

All this while we continually play full-strength sides against Falkirk and St Mirren at home.

My cousin played for Rangers for years and the ability he has is absolutely breathtaking. I'm not being biased, I just appreciate a fucking fantastic footballer when I see one.

I, along with a few other members on here play 5/7's with him, so don't just take my word for it. I know I'll get the "he obviously wasn't good enough if he didn't get a game" replies, but I couldn't give two fucks. I know my football and I know when we've missed the boat on an incredible talent.

John Brown just didn't like him when he was coach. He liked to torment the young lads to enhance his ego, because he is a wanker. Controversial statement, yes, but so fuck. The guy is a cunt, regardless of his Rangers past.

Ach, everyone has a story like that.

Your post fucking reeks of utter arrogance though (td)

Plus, to be fair, I know plenty of cracking 5's/7's players who are useless in a game of 11's and vice-versa.

I just don't buy into the idea that Fleck is only here because his uncle played for us. It's nonsense.

We're talking about Walter Smith here, 90% of the forum (at least) have been waxing lyrically (and rightly so) about how good he is for us. Would he seriously keep a lad purely because of his name? No chance.

Yeah, I know of plenty of players like that too, but he isn't one of them. I'd wager that the players you know who're cracking on a 7's pitch weren't brought up by Rangers.

Yeah, you're spot on there. The lad I know was brought up by Man United but was let go before he could sign his first professional contract. Just wasn't good enough on an 11's pitch but looked like a world beater on 7's/5's. Of course, neither story is really comparable.

I'm just not sure where the sense is in our club showing favouritism towards a player because of his name, it surely does more harm to the club than good?!

Fleck was a little unlucky today, he had some fantastic runs but was a little guilty of over running the ball at times or trying too much but he hasnt played in god knows how long? Plus if he had better players around him (who I would hope would have been playing well) he would have had far more success I reckon

What level does he play at now?

Scottish second division with a few offers down in England for next season. I won't say his name because I'll be posting a few inside stories in the coming days about John Brown and his coaching style.

And in your opinion the reason he is only playing at 2nd division level is John Brown didn't like him?

No, I believe that is why he never got a shot at Rangers.

The reason he's playing in the Scottish 2nd division is because the best club in England's League One said he was fantastic technically but lacked experience. I wonder why he lacked experience... just like so many young lads being brought through the ranks at Murray Park until they hit a brick wall and stop progressing...

Scottish 2nd division is of poor quality, I accept that, so it reflects badly on players who ply their trade for the clubs in that league. However, England's League One is a much, much better league than the SPL (I'll argue all day on that), so there is certainly no shame in being told by managers/coaches down there that the only thing going against you is a lack of experience.

The reason he's playing in the Scottish 2nd division is because the best club in England's League One said he was fantastic technically but lacked experience. I wonder why he lacked experience... just like so many young lads being brought through the ranks at Murray Park until they hit a brick wall and stop progressing...

As much as I didn't like the first post, I totally agree with this part.

It's really easy for everyone to say 'Oh, but what young guys left Rangers at 22 and went on to make it?'

The answer to that is very little, and that's because they have probably been starved of competitive football in a 2-4 year spell that is the most important in their development.

So we agree on that.

As much as I didn't like the first post, I totally agree with this part.

It's really easy for everyone to say 'Oh, but what young guys left Rangers at 22 and went on to make it?'

The answer to that is very little, and that's because they have probably been starved of competitive football in a 2-4 year spell that is the most important in their development.

So we agree on that.

I reckon this contributes to a lot of good players going to smaller clubs early in their career and then we have to pay decent money for them further down the line.

The question is, would they be good enough if they had started their careers with us?

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Does anyone remember Blue Heaven from 5-6 years ago?

There was a small ginger player who was technically outstanding, but he didn't have the physique to boot.

They let him go due to physical frailties, which baffled me, but I guess that's one of the problems with Scottish football.

Does anyone remember Blue Heaven from 5-6 years ago?

There was a small ginger player who was technically outstanding, but he didn't have the physique to boot.

They let him go due to physical frailties, which baffled me, but I guess that's one of the problems with Scottish football.

David Ford. I remember him well because his Dad had a big caravan draped in U.J's etc :lol:

I agree with Cappa and not just about John Brown; I think he just carried on the bullying ,belittling culture which was the Rangers youth set up in the nineties. The youth system was of little interest to the first team management then and the ones who did get a few games were those who were tough enough to survive the daily treatment and had support from influential first team players.The decent youth coaches were always frustrated that their opinions were rarely listened to or just ignored. I hope now that whatever young talent we have at Murray Park now have a better experience and coaching aimed to develop them into future players.

i had a mate who was trained by Man utd from the age of 10 , was released by the time he was 17 , he went to Dunfermline , couldnt get into the team there was released by the time he was 19 and now i believe he is in the US somewhere trying to get into a side over there BUT when i used to have a kick about with him he was like the scottish Messi , bucket loads of talent , now he is a has been in the back waters of USA trying to play college football

As far as Murray Park goes I think we have all the tools but nobody to work them.

The biggest march the tims have got I've us in recent terse wa getting John Park from Hibs.

I also believe they poached Motherwells youth coach too.

Dougie Arnott was it not ? may have just made that up of course :lol:

Interesting thread, disagree (thought its always dangerous to disagree with 'Never wrong Polar bear') thought Fleck was good bar his decision making last night.

However, sports section?