** Rangers Captain Davie Weir Appreciation Thread **

WilliamFyfe

194 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Davie Weir to stay on another year?

• Yes
    • No

im not gona vote in this poll,

I personally think its time for the big man to hang up his boots however if walter thinks he'll be ok for another year then thats good enough for me. So im still undecided for now.

In Walter We Trust :wink:

ps happy birthday davie (tu)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie has been a credit to the Club the way he operates on and off the park. A professional in every sense of the word. Bit dubious about him playing another full Season but he should get a position on the staff. He has good habits and this would rub off on the others. He'll be a manager at some stage I'm sure. :sherlock:

Look's like David Weir will be here next season.

Good news.

If we lose Bougherra and Wilson the last thing we need is to lose Weir as well regardless of his age.

He'll start the season as a first choice, but if he starts to struggle Smith (or whoever is in charge :unsure: ) will take him out of the firing line.

After having such solidarity in that area for a number of years now, I think going in to next season with up to three new faces and a returning loanee could be a recipe for disastar.

The terms of this debate are a little skewed, are they not? It is not like Rangers FC have the ready funds to buy the defenders the club sorely needs to give us both depth and bring younger players through. (It is not like we have depth in any position, to be fair).

If David Weir feels that he can play on, let him do so with everyone's blessing. He may not have outstanding pace, but until the ownership situation is sorted out, we cannot afford it anyway. He has been a natural leader for the team and that is more valuable than any physical attribute we can imagine. Where he cannot play as often, this should give opportunities to younger players coming from the youth system. If he ends up playing a role like Ledley King plays at Tottenham Hotspur, than he is still playing a valuable role at Rangers.