Madjid Bougherra

Muff

Hurry back please. Does anyone know when he is going to be back?

I think tonight showed again, that Danny Wilson is not ready to be a first team regular - not a criticism of Wilson at all, he is just not ready, and struggles to play week in week out.

Without Bougherra, the defence, and team is nowhere as solid!

he'll be back to Scotland by tomorrow after finishing his therapy in Aspeter, Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital in Qatar, according to Today's Algerian newspapers. He is expected to rejoin the squad after Sat. match against Hamilton.

:)

How many games has he missed this season anyone know??

i dont know mate im sure Wilson has now played 3 or 4 more this season than Bougherra. Which is shocking IMO. i no we all wanted wilson to get game time this year but i think the pressure on him starting to show. Doesnt help when it looks like weirs legs arent as strong as we thought too.

Wilson is having to cover too much for Weir and last night he was having to come over to cover for Whittaker as well.There is only so much the boy can be expected to cope with.

there is obviously a big difference having boogie with weir.... we have one who sits and one who can go forward. with wilson and weir...both sit a fair bit and it looks like wilson is learning some of weirs defensive traits...

I still think wilson for 18 starting in our team can only be better for us... I think he will be told to bulk up a lot more over the next years

Danny Wilson is still the best 18 year old CB in Britain if you ask me, but we're asking a whole lot of him this year.

It will stand him in good stead in the future, whether that will be at Ibrox remains to be seen.

I still think wilson for 18 starting in our team can only be better for us... I think he will be told to bulk up a lot more over the next years

There's only so much you can do at 18 though.

Bulking up just now would negatively effect his speed and mobility, and probably cause him to get injured a lot.

I'm happy with his development just now. Sadly, some of our less 'bright' fans are expecting him to to be the next Maldini.

I mean gradually... no point in turning the boy into a beefcake...he actually looks like he would struggle to put much weight on!! More of an aggresion streak im meaning than bulking up body wise... Curious to see what we will have at the cb positions next season... love to have boogie wilson and weir all there still and with webster coming back...it will be a good cover too.

Why is he in Qatar to rehab...no wonder it takes him so long to get fit......

to rehab under the supersvision of a famous Algerian doctor, Chalabi + Aspeter has a very good reputation as well :)

+ there is a story that the algerian federation of football got an official invitation from the Prince of Qater to take care of all injured algerian players( bougy ,Meghni, belhadj....) in Aspeter...

Im not worried about Bougherra and the others in Aspeter, coz I believe all people there will give their best.

dont forget Qater is planning to heost WC 2022, and this is part of their promotion!

I'm going to put a different spin on things... Is Bougherra head in the right frame of mind, and can he be trusted when he is so desperate to go to the World cup in the summer?

Yes the old Bougherra is desperately missed, but can he be relied on with those 50/50 tackles and putting your head in where it matters to get us over the finishing line.

A lot of factors with a lot of our players at the moment.

I'm going to put a different spin on things... Is Bougherra head in the right frame of mind, and can he be trusted when he is so desperate to go to the World cup in the summer?

Yes the old Bougherra is desperately missed, but can he be relied on with those 50/50 tackles and putting your head in where it matters to get us over the finishing line.

A lot of factors with a lot of our players at the moment.

If that is the case then he should stay at home and not bother coming to the games.

But I don't think that is the case with Bougherra.

Hopefully he is back for Dundee Utd and the remaining games of the season because we badly miss him.

Why is he in Qatar to rehab...no wonder it takes him so long to get fit......

to rehab under the supersvision of a famous Algerian doctor, Chalabi + Aspeter has a very good reputation as well :)

+ there is a story that the algerian federation of football got an official invitation from the Prince of Qater to take care of all injured algerian players( bougy ,Meghni, belhadj....) in Aspeter...

Boogie's rehab record is shocking, i would hope rangers have sent a doctor with him to keep an eye on him because allowing him to fly to qatar is adding delays to recovery not speeding it up.

With his awol record i wonder how much effort he is putting in to get back to scotland and start playing again.