No Boyd upfront

hearts 1-2 Rangers, Boyd pen and lee

St J 1-2 Rangers, Boyd and papac

Rangers 1-1 Hibs, Boyd

Rangers 2-1 St Mirren, Boyd 2

Falkirk 1-3, Boyd 2, Miller

Motherwell 1-1 Rangers, Boyd

6 games where no boyd would have meant... 3 points from those 6.Instead of 3 points from 6 we got 14 points. Obviously thats asuming no1 else would have scored which would not be the case, but can we rely on players like lafferty and naismith to chip in with these goals... of course not. Very pleased for lafferty, great goal, however hes only scored 3 goals this season which is simply not good enough for the guy who is more than likely going to end up replacing Boyd upfront if he leaves.

Boyd gives you goals and if Wattie doesnt want that in his team there is something wrong. May i add to the whole, we can still win and score without him arguement, that the above games show that we cant. Say we only took 3 points from those games we wud not be winning this league so easily.

Boyd is a proven goalscorer!

I think last nights goal took Kenny Miller level on goals from open play with Boyd this year.

I hate that argument to be honest, it's got more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.

We just need to wait and see what its lyk without him next season.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deal with here and now?? Lolol. We know our best strike force, Kyle lafferty was about 6\10 last night. If he never scored that goal n done a celebration we'd of been saying he's hopeless!

and Boyd's been 3/10 since he came back into the team.

All of your post's last night were all slatting lafferty even at half time. Where he got obstructed off the ball twice and got given a goal kick against him instead of the corner. He was solid the whole game. the second half he was outstanding made a great run made by himself and set up papac who had a wicked shot. His goal was also a solo run which was finished with great composure. If someone else is not on form they get dropped. it goes the same for boyd he is not bigger than the team or the club.

I wasn't posting during the match last night...

Deal with here and now?? Lolol. We know our best strike force, Kyle lafferty was about 6\10 last night. If he never scored that goal n done a celebration we'd of been saying he's hopeless!

and Boyd's been 3/10 since he came back into the team.

All of your post's last night were all slatting lafferty even at half time. Where he got obstructed off the ball twice and got given a goal kick against him instead of the corner. He was solid the whole game. the second half he was outstanding made a great run made by himself and set up papac who had a wicked shot. His goal was also a solo run which was finished with great composure. If someone else is not on form they get dropped. it goes the same for boyd he is not bigger than the team or the club.

I wasn't posting during the match last night...

No you Jimbo the fool you quoted. :craphead:

Kev. Lafferty took boyds place for 7 or 8 games in jan, how many goals did lafferty score?

And yet we're still top of the league by 13 points. Don't make this into a Lafferty vs Boyd argument because I'm really not interested.

Aye.

Perhaps not the best time to criticise someone for not scoring for a long run of games, eh?

Its funny how 2 year ago most people were on Boyds back even though he still scored goals. Their seems to be loads more supporting him now since then. I have always liked Boyd and i think its great the big man worked hard on all aspects of his game last season. But i hope lafferty does the same by turning his career around and getting more supporters supporting him and not slatting him.

Kev. Lafferty took boyds place for 7 or 8 games in jan, how many goals did lafferty score?

And yet we're still top of the league by 13 points. Don't make this into a Lafferty vs Boyd argument because I'm really not interested.

Lafferty has nothing to do with this. All I was saying marty was that Boyd ability to change or influence the result is second to none and I dont think we can find that in any other strikers at ibrox, except kenny miller, this season anyway.

Lafferty has nothing to do with this. All I was saying marty was that Boyd ability to change or influence the result is second to none and I dont think we can find that in any other strikers at ibrox, except kenny miller, this season anyway.

I totally disagree. We have players in this team who have influenced the result of games far more than Boyd has. We've seen games where players like Davis and Bougherra have been head and shoulders above everyone else on show, and pretty much dragged this team to a win.

I mean goalscoring not over all influence. IMO Davis and Boogie are much more influencial than Boyd, however he just has this knack to be in the right place at the right time.

I think the main problem we have when Boyd has been playing is that there has been no width so the ball has to get humped up-field. If we keep Boyd and Beasley and Novo can get back to top form, playing consistantly i cant see anyone keeping boyd out of that team.

Boyd's just playing shite, he has done since his return from injury and more so since people starting getting wise to his reasons behind not signing a new contract.

I wish people would stop blaming the lack of width, or the players around him. It's no-one else's fault but his. If he doesn't want to be here, fair enough. He can sit on Birmingham's bench for £40k a week and Rangers will move on and improve as we have always done.

I think everyone is getting a little mixed up with whose arguing for what here. I'm a massive Boyd fan, always have been n I didn't like seeing him on the bench last night but his performances lately haven't been what we've came to expect from him. I'm not gonna criticise him for not scoring for 6 games on the bounce. You know he'll score again given the chance.

Lafferty, on the other hand, has had loads of chances this season and blew it. Last night he scored in only his second game out of I dunno, 30? Must be near that figure. His overall play is poor and as I have said on 2 or 3 occasions in this thread he done nothing but score and run down the line once.

The argument of not playing attractive football with Boyd in the team is nonsense and last night proved nothing, I did not think that Was a great performance and only a slight improvement on Saturday. If there's people on here thinking last night was a good performance they need to wake up. We didn't boss the game against the worst Aberdeen side to come to ibrox in years, we stood off them and created very little. Naismith and mcculloch were especially poor and had it not been for Steve Davis I really don't think we'd have won that game.

Our lack of quality and options up front, and in a number of positions is not good enough!

If only players were treated in the same way - Boyd has been poor, found himself dropped, and rightly so. McCulloch hasn't kicked a ball in a long time, yet is the first name on the team sheet <cr>

Lafferty had a good second half last night, he scored a goal, it wouldn't be right to drop him. He should start on the left against Dundee United as he is simply not a striker (he's not a wide player either IMO).

Naismith does not deserve a place in the team, he's far too inconsistant, and not good enough.

Nacho Novo has been poor for too long, he's better coming off the bench or playing out in a wider position.

John Fleck isn't going to replace any of those players unfortunatley - he would be my option to play alongside Miller.

So one man has to come back in - Kris Boyd!

Boyd has been poor, but to blame him for the teams performances is completely ridiculous. What about the others who have not kicked a ball in some time; Papac and McCulloch to name two. Both have been awful for weeks, months!

Well over the last 10-12 games we havent had to count on Boyd. Just shows you that there is other people in the team that can step up to the line.

No doubt, Edu is a prime example. I just worry about having no 30+ goals a season striker when we play badly. Often Boyd and the team played shite and he would pop up and score. Davis changes a game for you but I cant rembember him changing a game this season when he was playing badly whereas alot of Boyds goals come

when he is non-existant in games.

Papaguy, Boyd relies on service. He always has done and always will do. When the midfield is playing so narrow and poorly we struggle and ultimately so does boydy. We know he's not going to drop deep, beat three men and score. He's a penalty box striker and a very good one, as long as there's service to him.

Our lack of quality and options up front, and in a number of positions is not good enough!

If only players were treated in the same way - Boyd has been poor, found himself dropped, and rightly so. McCulloch hasn't kicked a ball in a long time, yet is the first name on the team sheet <cr>

Lafferty had a good second half last night, he scored a goal, it wouldn't be right to drop him. He should start on the left against Dundee United as he is simply not a striker (he's not a wide player either IMO).

Naismith does not deserve a place in the team, he's far too inconsistant, and not good enough.

Nacho Novo has been poor for too long, he's better coming off the bench or playing out in a wider position.

John Fleck isn't going to replace any of those players unfortunatley - he would be my option to play alongside Miller.

So one man has to come back in - Kris Boyd!

Boyd has been poor, but to blame him for the teams performances is completely ridiculous. What about the others who have not kicked a ball in some time; Papac and McCulloch to name two. Both have been awful for weeks, months!

(tu)

Papaguy, Boyd relies on service. He always has done and always will do. When the midfield is playing so narrow and poorly we struggle and ultimately so does boydy. We know he's not going to drop deep, beat three men and score. He's a penalty box striker and a very good one, as long as there's service to him.

Every striker relies on service.

Why is it that only Boyd is allowed the defence of 'no service'?

He's not just a penalty box striker. He's shown that he is more than that this year, but in truth, he's just a bit fucking lazy sometimes and can't really be arsed running around.

Our strengths this season have been that we are winning games as a team, and are not relying on 65K a week gymnasts to get us through games. That is why we are Champions by a country mile.

before anyone starts im not having a go at boyd

but recently 2 things were contriving to make us unbloody watchable

boyd had no service, so the goals dried up, and yet the ball players had less to aim for so the attacking play was stinking

tonight we had a left mid who was willing to work his socks off, and 2 strikers that will run all bloody game and pull defenders everywhere

sometimes, although it came to nothing, the fact that a lot of the passes to the strikers were on the ground, to their feet was great to see

until we win the league, smith will stick with 2 defensive midfielders, in that case we need a front pairing of either miller, novo or naismith

well played rangers, its no surprise we scored 3 goals tonight, not done that for a long time in the league

yes because 10 days is such a long time :doh: (since we beat Hearts 4-1)

Do you think that if Boyd was getting the exact same chances now that he was in say December that he'd not be there to finish them off? Because of his form? We're creating fuck all and Naismith and mcculloch are not helping that. Let's get some width, at least 1 wide player and Boyd and miller.

Do you think that if Boyd was getting the exact same chances now that he was in say December that he'd not be there to finish them off? Because of his form? We're creating fuck all and Naismith and mcculloch are not helping that. Let's get some width, at least 1 wide player and Boyd and miller.

When Lafferty doesn't score, it's because he's shite.

When Miller doesn't score, it's because he's a wee F*nian bastard.

When Naismith doesn't score, it's because he's inconsistent.

When Novo doesn't score, it's because he's not really that good.

When Boyd doesn't score, it's the midfield's fault. It's the wingers' fault. It's Kenny Miller's fault.

Fuck knows why he wants to leave, he won't get the same ridiculous backing anywhere but Ibrox!

[quote name=martyboy2009' date='08 April 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1270734942'

post='1057861221]

Muffs post above - spot on. Don't

know how to do the thumbs up on ma phone!

( tu ) with no spaces mate (tu)

cheers mate! It's a nightmare trying to reply on the iPhone btw.

thats the point were not creating the chances we were in December. No one is doubting what Boyd can do. hes not on form so therefore he should be dropped. everyone has said that the last few weeks. Its not fair for other players to get dropped if they dont perform on the day like thommo last week vs St Johnstone, but Boyd cant be dropped for not scoring in a good number of games.

When Lafferty doesn't score, it's because he's shite.

When Miller doesn't score, it's because he's a wee F*nian bastard.

When Naismith doesn't score, it's because he's inconsistent.

When Novo doesn't score, it's because he's not really that good.

When Boyd doesn't score, it's the midfield's fault. It's the wingers' fault. It's Kenny Miller's fault.

Fuck knows why he wants to leave, he won't get the same ridiculous backing anywhere but Ibrox!

Spot on (tu)