Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Scott-RFC

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Star players for that position?

I just won my first Online World Cup with Iran. A group stage of Spain, Brazil and Portugal seemed hard enough. In the following rounds, I faced Argentina, Germany, France and then Portugal again in the final. Scored early on, but Iran have some pretty quick players (Borhani, Rezaei and Madanchi being my star players) and kept going for a second, which i got late on. Went absolutely mental, but am dreading doing it with a 1*team.

Got the world cup online final with Spain, played Sweden and the cunt was 2-1 up in the 85th min so just started passing it around with his CB's and GK so I hacked one of his guys off the ball to stop the clock which resulted in a red for Daffyd Veeya and then I finally got the ball off him, passed it into the box with a tap in to equalise and the ref blew the fucking whistle for FT... he wasn't offside either because he had a CB about 4 foot deeper than my guy. <cr>

Hate scumbags like that.

Also, Capdevilla got booked and the commentary went something like "Capdevilla getting booked isn't going to please Luis Aragones". When I qualified for the final Clive Tydesley screamed "And Spain are going to Vienna!!!!". :lol:

Got the world cup online final with Spain, played Sweden and the cunt was 2-1 up in the 85th min so just started passing it around with his CB's and GK so I hacked one of his guys off the ball to stop the clock which resulted in a red for Daffyd Veeya and then I finally got the ball off him, passed it into the box with a tap in to equalise and the ref blew the fucking whistle for FT... he wasn't offside either because he had a CB about 4 foot deeper than my guy. <cr>

Hate scumbags like that.

Also, Capdevilla got booked and the commentary went something like "Capdevilla getting booked isn't going to please Luis Aragones". When I qualified for the final Clive Tydesley screamed "And Spain are going to Vienna!!!!". :lol:

Despise folk who do that. Especially if they are Brazil, Spain etc and I'm a shitey wee team, thinking they're so very clever. So this guy was winning comfortably, and had done this for the whole game and then broke away. I decided for the last 10 minutes I would pass between defenders, and so the FT whistle wouldn't go. Wanted to see how long I could last.

Actually so happy!

Doing it with Saudi Arabia.

Playing on world class, won the preliminary rounds, came first in the qualifiers, second in the group stages, beat South Africa 2 - 0 in the last 16, pumped Greece 3 - 1 in the quarter final, and I just beat SPAIN 1 - 0 in the semi finals! Second last minute in extra time winner by Al-Harthi after coming on as a sub at the extra time half time. (Brought on another 3 strikes in case of penalties.

In the group stages I had, Paraguay, Germany and Slovakia. So chuffed, didn't think I'd get this far. But since the group stages I have had to play a custom 5 - 3 - 2 which is effective.

Now play Holland in the final, after they beat Argentina 4 - 2. I'm determined to go the whole way on world class and that is what I will do!

Just won the World Cup With Saudi Arabia! :D Actually so chuffed. :D :D :D

Uploading the game winning goal. Saudi Arabia 1 - 0 Holland.

Second period of extra time, stoppage time winner by Al-Quatani.

Same as previous game. Custom 5 - 3 - 2, made my subs at the extra time half time (same subs) and Holland were a man down. Advantage me. :D

Nice challenge is a one star team, also on world class :anguish:

Well played but I think custom formations should be taken out the game

Cheers mate.

I had to make it really tight in the defence, middle of the park was open though.

How do I upload my match winner to this? I have uploaded it onto EA.

Cheers mate.

I had to make it really tight in the defence, middle of the park was open though.

copy link into media URL ?

Cheers mate.

copy link into media URL ?

I know. :P

But how do I find the video?

I am logged in on the EA website, what now?

Custom formations are good!

If theirs a formation e.g 4-1-2-1-2 the man behind the striker is not far up the pitch enough you just have to move him up. Great feature!

I see where your coming from with teams that have good strikers and they play like a 2-3-5 or a shit team playes a 5-4-1 with every player back in the box basically.