The Rangers Founders Trail- Summer 2010.

Who appointed this "founders committee"

I'd fancy they appointed themselves given they were interested in the subject and created the group as a logical extension of like-minded people on FF. I wouldn't read too much into the term here...

I'm also sure they'd be happy to welcome on board anyone interested in helping them but Moonlighter would have to confirm.

God, he asked me to carry out his work, not a good idea to argue with this guy.

I've been researching the Founders of our Club and other individulas for the best part of 4 years now.

During this, my path crossed with like-minded Bears who had also been doing similar work.

We got together, collated our research and have since :

Placed a plaque at Fleshers Haugh, and held a Founders Dinner within Ibrox, both attended by our Founder Peter McNeil's Grand-Daughter.

Presented a painting of our Founders to David Weir which now hangs on the Marble Staircase.

Located many other places of interest , including final resting places, relating to our Founders and players from the legendary 1877 team.

Established the Founders Trail which has proved to be very popular with supporters and now includes a Stadium Tour.

We have a wonderful and unique story, some of us reckoned it was time to get it out there.

I'd fancy they appointed themselves given they were interested in the subject and created the group as a logical extension of like-minded people on FF. I wouldn't read too much into the term here...

I'm also sure they'd be happy to welcome on board anyone interested in helping them but Moonlighter would have to confirm.

Absolutely 100%.

All contributions, however small, are more than welcome.

Good stuff!

The lads who have put together the projects Moonlighter mentions above deserve nothing but immense credit for their hard work and selflessness to document the often misrepresented and inaccurate history of our club.

I'd urge everyone to offer their help or any information they may have to assist them. Who know's - you may even get invited onto the committee if you know the password or handshake?! :ph34r:

Good stuff!

The lads who have put together the projects Moonlighter mentions above deserve nothing but immense credit for their hard work and selflessness to document the often misrepresented and inaccurate history of our club.

I'd urge everyone to offer their help or any information they may have to assist them. Who know's - you may even get invited onto the committee if you know the password or handshake?! :ph34r:

No chance mate, I've known him for more than 10 years now and he's never given me any Secret handshake or even the secret wink. :D

In turn many thanks to the Founders Committee for all their work.

The trail really is a great day out for people who are interested in the history, particularly the founding of our great Club. I must admit that I found it very moving at points.

It really is a great story, I doubt if there's a sporting institution in the World that could match it.

Thanks to all who attended the latest Trail and Stadium Tour on saturday.

Great company and great weather made for another wonderful day out.

I can't wait to go again, I'm going with the Kirkintilloch RSC who are just getting the final No's together which will probably be in 40+ mark. (tu)

The trail really is a great day out for people who are interested in the history, particularly the founding of our great Club. I must admit that I found it very moving at points.

It really is a great story, I doubt if there's a sporting institution in the World that could match it.

my mate took his dad to this and said it was fantastic so i might do the 1 in july

my mate took his dad to this and said it was fantastic so i might do the 1 in july

If you do , just drop me an email to the address on the ad and i'll do the rest.