Rangers – Start Thinking Of The Customer.

sonOwilliam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought this was a great artical that makes allot of sense which every bluenose should get a taste of, from Vanguardbears Hokey Cokey. (tu)

Written by Hokey Cokey

Friday, 23 April 2010

In the week prior to Rangers most likely retaining the SPL title, you'd think everything coming out of Ibrox would be positive, and that the fans would all be focused solely on late Sunday afternoon, when we plan to start partying, but think again.

Some of the decision making within the hierarchy at Ibrox has been odd, and on the edge of disturbing, with an apparent disregard for the feelings of the Rangers Support

Yes, we can all blame the mhedia for the overwhelming negative spin intended to take the shine of our imminent glory, but we have to ask ourselves is it "just" the media, or are there sinister forces at work within the walls of Ibrox itself?

Or are they just so far removed from reality that they no longer have an understanding of the views of the grassroots support?

Mhedia headlines this week have included speculation of Rangers moves for a number of players in Scotland, from David Goodwillie, to Craig Conway to James McArthur to Jim O Brien.

While all have put in some decent performances in the last couple of years, and there is some promise for Goodwillie and McArthur, it's an underwhelming prospect.

The linking of Jim O'Brien raised some eyebrows, not least because this is a former Celtic player who is Scottish and has chosen the ROI to future his international career at youth level.

The consensus on our site was a surprising one; that we simply thought the mhedia were speculating to get a reaction. Well here is mine.

This is no Neil McCann, no Maurice Johnston, and no James McCarthy.

I accepted and embraced the first two signings, and would have embraced the third had he accepted an alleged offer by Rangers last year.

Rangers been criticised by those with nothing better to do for not recruiting ROI players, as if not doing so makes you a bigot, but those who "know their history" will know that Rangers HAVE had "Irish" players (from what is now the Republic) in Alex Stevenson, Alex Craig, and James Lowry Macauley. The club have also had polite refusals from others, including Ray Houghton and James McCarthy to name but two.

Do we sacrifice quality just to break a "taboo" that doesn't exist, to appease those who hate our club with a passion?

Do our current custodians even know these facts?

Think about it this way, if USA internationalist DaMarcus Beasley cannot feature regularly for the first team, then what chance would O'Brien have. Does anybody actually believe O'Brien's a better player than Beasley? Seriously?

To compound the complete disregard for the Support this week, Rangers played Celtic in a closed doors "friendly" at Murray Park, while speculation was rife that both clubs have agreed to a high profile money spinner "friendly" in Boston this summer.

Let's take these one at a time.

The game at Murray Park saw many first team fringe players turn out for Tommy Wilson's side in the 1-0 defeat.

So, of all the clubs in Scotland we needed for a friendly we chose our biggest rivals, just because their friendly against Alkmaar fell through?

Are we so self loathing at the club that we will jump in to bed with Celtic at every opportunity? Apparently so.

We should have nothing to do with that club, ever, never mind doing them a favour, then letting them play on our £14M facility.

There was nothing to be gained from this match, and it leaves a distasteful taste in the mouth that we should be doing favours for a club whose hierarchy hate us with a passion.

From Liewell's complaints over Sporting Integrity and refereeing "standards", to Reid's "Boring Holy Willies", to departed "coach" Mowbray's constant digs at our current manager they display contempt for our club from top to bottom that is distasteful in the extreme.

That is not to mention the continual agenda to rubbish our club from their supporters.

Quite clearly, the threat of injury to players was also not considered, with Wilson now being injured for the remainder of the season.

We then learnt that both clubs have allegedly agreed to share a £1M pot to play an Old Firm game in the Irish Republican NORAID stronghold of Boston, USA.

It really does beggar belief, and one has to wonder who thought this would be a good idea.

I've always hated the "Old Firm" title; and always believed we have no need whatsoever to be associated to the scum in any way, and most of my fellow supporters I know feel the same way, so why are there some inside Ibrox Stadium who feel differently?

Why to they pay such scant regard for the feelings of the supporters, and why are they at our club?

Start paying attention to your "customers" Rangers, as you need us now more than ever.

Hokey Cokey

Vanguard Bears

http://www.vanguardb...id=283&Itemid=1

So what you are saying is that we should pay attention to the fans, but only some of the fans. I for one am stoked at the chance to see my team play our greatest rivals. I am sure there are thousands over here like me - I really hope this game comes off

I'm sure Baubag30 will see you there for a jolly day out. He was a cunt too, especially cheering on QofS.

Fuckin handwringing bastards.

Sorry but that is a pish and utterly bigoted article - the type that does give our support a bad name.

There should be only one reason to take or reject a player, both from the clubs perspective and the fans

Are they GOOD enough?

Nothing else matters. Now the reality is that buying the best players in Scotland always has and always should be a mainstay of Rangers strategy. Should that player have allegiences at international level that are not Scottish matters not a jot. What matters is what they will bring to us on the playing field. Endof!

So, which bits are bigotted? ;)

And, the player mentioned ISNT good enough, endof :lol:

Sorry but that is a pish and utterly bigoted article - the type that does give our support a bad name.

There should be only one reason to take or reject a player, both from the clubs perspective and the fans

Are they GOOD enough?

Nothing else matters. Now the reality is that buying the best players in Scotland always has and always should be a mainstay of Rangers strategy. Should that player have allegiences at international level that are not Scottish matters not a jot. What matters is what they will bring to us on the playing field. Endof!

So, which bits are bigotted? wink.gif

And, the player mentioned ISNT good enough, endof laugh.gif

Err.. the whole article - Article did not take the tone - 'I dont think these players are good enough' It took the tone 'ROI' this, MHEDIA that, Dont have friendlies against them etc. etc. An article discussing the relative mertits of the players would have been interesting, but it was all the same attitude as our FRIENDS (craphead2.gif )on the other side of Glasgow who want a 'Celtic minded' (whats that) manager.

And that pish about trying to pretend its about how good he is is just a diversion. ENDOF! :lol:

Are they GOOD enough?

Err.. the whole article - Article did not take the tone - 'I dont think these players are good enough' It took the tone 'ROI' this, MHEDIA that, Dont have friendlies against them etc. etc. An article discussing the relative mertits of the players would have been interesting, but it was all the same attitude as our FRIENDS (craphead2.gif )on the other side of Glasgow who want a 'Celtic minded' (whats that) manager.

And that pish about trying to pretend its about how good he is is just a diversion. ENDOF! :lol:

You really are a friend of the soapdodgers eh?

Fuck all wrong or bigotted about the article. Unless you like to go out of the way to appease the t*rriers?

Next time you leave the house, remember to put on your cotton wool dress.

Are they GOOD enough?

And that pish about trying to pretend its about how good he is is just a diversion. ENDOF! laugh.gif

You really are a friend of the soapdodgers eh?

Fuck all wrong or bigotted about the article. Unless you like to go out of the way to appease the t*rriers?

Next time you leave the house, remember to put on your cotton wool dress.

Another poster with no sense of irony! ... And a cotton wool dress sort of appeals to me in ways you cant really discuss on a forum with so many kids on.

We the Rangers should not be playing/doing the opposition a favour in a friendly match , or jumping into bed with them in America for a pittance , If Rangers play in America , surely it should be against MLS teams ,to firstly let ex pats see their Rangers and secondly to strengthen the Rangers brand in that part of the world  

I travelled up from England to Glasgow early this morning full of the joys of Summer, looking forward to tomorrow and our 53rd title. I was wearing an T-shirt I was given from a friend from the Melbourne GRSC, I went to my brothers flat which is in Tollcross area near Parkhead cross. Having had no breakfast from my early departure we went along to Parkhead cross to a cafe who does a great fry up Glasgow style, coming out of the cafe we ran smack into the middle of an Republican parade and their attended sympathisers. It was not long before some off them noticed my Melbourne Rangers supporters shirt, needless to say I got it pelters, f@ck off ya Orange Bastard, Scum, Get it up yae. I and my brother would have been hospitalised if it had not been for the heavy policing. So my friends bigotry is alive in and thriving Glasgow sure enough, believe it , and it isn’t coming from us. Thankfully I will be over to Ibrox safe and sound to welcome our boys back from the Capital.

I travelled up from England to Glasgow early this morning full of the joys of Summer, looking forward to tomorrow and our 53rd title. I was wearing an T-shirt I was given from a friend from the Melbourne GRSC, I went to my brothers flat which is in Tollcross area near Parkhead cross. Having had no breakfast from my early departure we went along to Parkhead cross to a cafe who does a great fry up Glasgow style, coming out of the cafe we ran smack into the middle of an Republican parade and their attended sympathisers. It was not long before some off them noticed my Melbourne Rangers supporters shirt, needless to say I got it pelters, f@ck off ya Orange Bastard, Scum, Get it up yae. I and my brother would have been hospitalised if it had not been for the heavy policing. So my friends bigotry is alive in and thriving Glasgow sure enough, believe it , and it isn't coming from us. Thankfully I will be over to Ibrox safe and sound to welcome our boys back from the Capital.

They rhatbhag bhastards , should be told in no uncertain terms which country they are actually polluting with their bile , also in my and many other voters opinions that kind of ( parade ) SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON OUR SHORES , glad your ok mate  :wink:

At first I thought it might be no a bad idea to promote us in the US (anywhere but Boston though)and then I came to my senses and remembered just how much those stinky taig bastards hate our guts. All year they have been having wet dreams about us going belly up and every single one of them would gladly give up a years giro to drive the first bulldozer through our stadium (not paranoia, fuckin fact)....

FUCK THEM AND FUCK THEIR FRIENDLIES......... NO SURRENDER!!!!

I travelled up from England to Glasgow early this morning full of the joys of Summer, looking forward to tomorrow and our 53rd title. I was wearing an T-shirt I was given from a friend from the Melbourne GRSC, I went to my brothers flat which is in Tollcross area near Parkhead cross. Having had no breakfast from my early departure we went along to Parkhead cross to a cafe who does a great fry up Glasgow style, coming out of the cafe we ran smack into the middle of an Republican parade and their attended sympathisers. It was not long before some off them noticed my Melbourne Rangers supporters shirt, needless to say I got it pelters, f@ck off ya Orange Bastard, Scum, Get it up yae. I and my brother would have been hospitalised if it had not been for the heavy policing. So my friends bigotry is alive in and thriving Glasgow sure enough, believe it , and it isn't coming from us. Thankfully I will be over to Ibrox safe and sound to welcome our boys back from the Capital.

Cheers mate, i'm no hard man my arsehole was opening and shutting quicker than Jordans legs, but i stood my ground.

They rhatbhag bhastards , should be told in no uncertain terms which country they are actually polluting with their bile , also in my and many other voters opinions that kind of ( parade ) SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON OUR SHORES , glad your ok mate  :wink:

I travelled up from England to Glasgow early this morning full of the joys of Summer, looking forward to tomorrow and our 53rd title. I was wearing an T-shirt I was given from a friend from the Melbourne GRSC, I went to my brothers flat which is in Tollcross area near Parkhead cross. Having had no breakfast from my early departure we went along to Parkhead cross to a cafe who does a great fry up Glasgow style, coming out of the cafe we ran smack into the middle of an Republican parade and their attended sympathisers. It was not long before some off them noticed my Melbourne Rangers supporters shirt, needless to say I got it pelters, f@ck off ya Orange Bastard, Scum, Get it up yae. I and my brother would have been hospitalised if it had not been for the heavy policing. So my friends bigotry is alive in and thriving Glasgow sure enough, believe it , and it isn’t coming from us. Thankfully I will be over to Ibrox safe and sound to welcome our boys back from the Capital.

I wonder if their concern for `the abuse of the Irish', takes in

the buggery & rape on Irish children by Roman Catholic priests,bishops

& cardinals?.

I wouldn't like to be `hanging by the baws' waiting on these cretins

picketing their local chapel,demanding answers.

Seems like wee Irish weans are only worth singing about when the big

bad Brits or Northern protestants are involved.

I wonder if their concern for `the abuse of the Irish', takes in

the buggery & rape on Irish children by Roman Catholic priests,bishops

& cardinals?.

I wouldn't like to be `hanging by the baws' waiting on these cretins

picketing their local chapel,demanding answers.

Seems like wee Irish weans are only worth singing about when the big

bad Brits or Northern protestants are involved.

Sad, but true.

Ridiculous article, just your typical moany faced 'supporter' who spend their days desperately trying to find negative causes to stir up.

Jim O'Brien....who gives a f*ck ? The story is probably b*llshit. If not, perhaps we've just had him watched......again, who cares ?

Friendly with Celtic....again, who cares ?! To be honest I think it's a good idea and one I'd welcome happening on a more regular basis to allow our reserve players to play in games that will probably allow them to get their game up to a sharper level.

Game in Boston......so f*ck ?! If it's a money spinner, well we could do with some money, so it's certainly something worth considering.

We're about to win back to back titles for the first time in 10 years.....stop greeting about petty shite.

I was going to read the rest of the shite being spewed out by faceless keyboard freeks but ScotBear summed it up perfectly.

Just thought this was a great artical that makes allot of sense which every bluenose should get a taste of, from Vanguardbears Hokey Cokey. (tu)

Written by Hokey Cokey

Friday, 23 April 2010

In the week prior to Rangers most likely retaining the SPL title, you'd think everything coming out of Ibrox would be positive, and that the fans would all be focused solely on late Sunday afternoon, when we plan to start partying, but think again.

Some of the decision making within the hierarchy at Ibrox has been odd, and on the edge of disturbing, with an apparent disregard for the feelings of the Rangers Support

Yes, we can all blame the mhedia for the overwhelming negative spin intended to take the shine of our imminent glory, but we have to ask ourselves is it "just" the media, or are there sinister forces at work within the walls of Ibrox itself?

Or are they just so far removed from reality that they no longer have an understanding of the views of the grassroots support?

Mhedia headlines this week have included speculation of Rangers moves for a number of players in Scotland, from David Goodwillie, to Craig Conway to James McArthur to Jim O Brien.

While all have put in some decent performances in the last couple of years, and there is some promise for Goodwillie and McArthur, it's an underwhelming prospect.

The linking of Jim O'Brien raised some eyebrows, not least because this is a former Celtic player who is Scottish and has chosen the ROI to future his international career at youth level.

The consensus on our site was a surprising one; that we simply thought the mhedia were speculating to get a reaction. Well here is mine.

This is no Neil McCann, no Maurice Johnston, and no James McCarthy.

I accepted and embraced the first two signings, and would have embraced the third had he accepted an alleged offer by Rangers last year.

Rangers been criticised by those with nothing better to do for not recruiting ROI players, as if not doing so makes you a bigot, but those who "know their history" will know that Rangers HAVE had "Irish" players (from what is now the Republic) in Alex Stevenson, Alex Craig, and James Lowry Macauley. The club have also had polite refusals from others, including Ray Houghton and James McCarthy to name but two.

Do we sacrifice quality just to break a "taboo" that doesn't exist, to appease those who hate our club with a passion?

Do our current custodians even know these facts?

Think about it this way, if USA internationalist DaMarcus Beasley cannot feature regularly for the first team, then what chance would O'Brien have. Does anybody actually believe O'Brien's a better player than Beasley? Seriously?

To compound the complete disregard for the Support this week, Rangers played Celtic in a closed doors "friendly" at Murray Park, while speculation was rife that both clubs have agreed to a high profile money spinner "friendly" in Boston this summer.

Let's take these one at a time.

The game at Murray Park saw many first team fringe players turn out for Tommy Wilson's side in the 1-0 defeat.

So, of all the clubs in Scotland we needed for a friendly we chose our biggest rivals, just because their friendly against Alkmaar fell through?

Are we so self loathing at the club that we will jump in to bed with Celtic at every opportunity? Apparently so.

We should have nothing to do with that club, ever, never mind doing them a favour, then letting them play on our £14M facility.

There was nothing to be gained from this match, and it leaves a distasteful taste in the mouth that we should be doing favours for a club whose hierarchy hate us with a passion.

From Liewell's complaints over Sporting Integrity and refereeing "standards", to Reid's "Boring Holy Willies", to departed "coach" Mowbray's constant digs at our current manager they display contempt for our club from top to bottom that is distasteful in the extreme.

That is not to mention the continual agenda to rubbish our club from their supporters.

Quite clearly, the threat of injury to players was also not considered, with Wilson now being injured for the remainder of the season.

We then learnt that both clubs have allegedly agreed to share a £1M pot to play an Old Firm game in the Irish Republican NORAID stronghold of Boston, USA.

It really does beggar belief, and one has to wonder who thought this would be a good idea.

I've always hated the "Old Firm" title; and always believed we have no need whatsoever to be associated to the scum in any way, and most of my fellow supporters I know feel the same way, so why are there some inside Ibrox Stadium who feel differently?

Why to they pay such scant regard for the feelings of the supporters, and why are they at our club?

Start paying attention to your "customers" Rangers, as you need us now more than ever.

Hokey Cokey

Vanguard Bears

http://www.vanguardb...id=283&Itemid=1

So what you are saying is that we should pay attention to the fans, but only some of the fans. I for one am stoked at the chance to see my team play our greatest rivals. I am sure there are thousands over here like me - I really hope this game comes off

I'm sure Baubag30 will see you there for a jolly day out. He was a cunt too, especially cheering on QofS.

Fuckin handwringing bastards.

Fegget is bawbag30 :sherlock:

Are they GOOD enough?

So, which bits are bigotted? ;)

And, the player mentioned ISNT good enough, endof :lol:

ENDOF :lol: