Kyle v Kris why I prefer Kyle

polar bear

Wait a minute! Lafferty scores with his head??? 1 header out of about 20 chances he's had using his head! That's a ridiculous statement to make. If you're saying lafferty is more likely to score with a header than Boyd you're deluded.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing what three 'decent' games can do for a player in peoples' eyes.

Three games nothing to do with it pal.I honestly think Lafferty is a far better option than Boyd.FFS you are probably a

better option than him. :rolleyes:

Three games nothing to do with it pal.I honestly think Lafferty is a far better option than Boyd.FFS you are porobably a

I play a very similar to Kris Boyd down the fives actually :pipe:

Boyd doesnt seem to even get to the ball from corner. i cant remember when he scored a headed goal, i think it was last year vs accies in that dreadfull weather game. he missed that sittver vs stuttgart i think it was in the final CL game at home. That is one part of his game boyd has seem to have lost when hes became a more all round player.

Rangersfansi23 look above for my bit :P

A just think of course let's get behind lafferty n give him support but why all this negativity towards someone who has been excellent for this club. And 3 good games does not make him a better option than Boyd.

Three games nothing to do with it pal.I honestly think Lafferty is a far better option than Boyd.FFS you are porobably a

I play a very similar to Kris Boyd down the fives actually :pipe:

So you don't get many assists i guess? :)

the only reason people are turning to lafferty all of a sudden is because boyd seems to give the impression he wont be here, so if thats true when should play miller with lafferty and make it work just now for next season. there is no doubt boyd is a better goal scorer, but all round lafferty gives more energy, stays onside alot more ( miller should have played him threw vs hibs :angry: ) and seems to win alot more in the air instead of getting free kicks against him.

right now yes, he is far to incosistant. but he is only 22, boyd got alot of stick when he first came here. hes got another three year on his contract and if he continues to improve and learn under super ally, whos to say he cant become a top goalscorer ?

Rangersfansi23 look above for my bit :P

A just think of course let's get behind lafferty n give him support but why all this negativity towards someone who has been excellent for this club. And 3 good games does not make him a better option than Boyd.

(tu)

I think the negativity is due to the noticeable change in Boyds attitude recently. His goals have always helped him escape major criticism but without them he really doesn't offer much to the team. Since he came back from injury he has been very poor.

He has had plenty of time to get match fit so that can't be the reason for his lack of form. As soon as he starts scoring again he will start getting praised.

Agreed, there's so much of laffertys game that needs improving but he shows glimpses of having talent. There's also times when he looks like he's never seen a football before but if he keeps up his recent few performances he could be a good player for us .

Boyd proved more during the season..

However, when you need him most he always fails to deliver, in the league that is. Boyd reverted into his old self at the business end of the season. If Miller and Kyle had been injured and the league was tighter who knows what would have happened.

I like them both, but Boyd frustrates me more. His constant fouling and lack of touch in Europe would stand out a mile. Stuff that he seemed to learn not to do for a while.

Its hard to be over critical though, and remember he bleeds blue.

kyle has a lot to prove but will come good imo.

i realy do think people forget he is 22 and has still got another three years left on his contract. with our current squad so short i dont see the problem on holding on to him for at least another year while we strengthen, see what he gives us, if its the same on and off stuff get rid of him. if he continues to improve keep him on.

Sorry but no

To even consider Lafferty as an equal to Boyd is a joke never mind that he is somehow "better" ??

I hope that with Wolves now staying in the Premiership they renew their interest in the lad and if we can recoup at least half what we payed for him then it will be a deal from the football gods.

If you think Lafferty is good enough for the Rangers and will become a star then i'm really concerned at how our standards have fallen, obviously the dumbing down of Britain is working on many fronts.

Bambi on Ice

Laffertys touch isn't much better than Boyds and his decision making is terrible at times but as people say he is young and can learn but what are we gonna be saying if lafferty does the same next season as this season and is rotten for months then turns up with 3 good performances, is it still gonna be the same "he's young" "he'll come good" argument?

the same arguement about boyd scoring against the big teams e.g celtic ? he will do it this game he will do it at parkhead he will score a last minute goal. everybody ahs pro's and con's

he doesnt deserve to be in the team to get his chance IMO. we shouldnt drop lafferty as he is on a good run, Millers attitude has been awful recently wouldnt mind him being dropped.