We need a clear out

I agree, a wee clear out will open up the space for Messi, Rooney, Villa et al at the club for next season.

Honestly though, get a grip. This time last week we were wondering if we were going to be able to bring any players in, now all of a sudden the Ellis deal is moving forward you're calling for a mass cull and a large outlay on new players. Sorry how have we gotten into financial problems again?

Leave the organising of the playing squad to the manager, after all he's brought us 6 trophies in 3 years.

This post sounds like last year and the year before. I agreed then but not now. Boyd will go as will Boughy (I think), Smith and Novo (wish he could stay). So why should we even be thinking of selling anyone else? We have a good solid squad with a great spirit! McCulloch has had a good season as has Edu when available. Captain Weir should stay. I'm no great fan of Laff or Naismith but I'd give them both another year. Overall, we've had a great season so why all the bitchin' from the OP? He talks about bringing in quality but where does that come from? Anyone in mind? We are not going to do well in the CL next year but we get the money from it and our footballing target should be the SPL and The Europa League. That's our level at the moment, whether we like it or not.

I'm not saying let's go mental and defo not saying I want more debt! Probably overstepped the mark on how many players should leave but u do think we need to bring in players and 100% think weir should retire. Cmon we need to be able to push further up the field against teams!

As for anyone in mind signing wise it really depends on what sort of finances we'll have to play with. It's up to the scouts to spot talent but goodwillie and gomis would be a start and that's just the spl.

Tbh my avatar is that cos a was fucking about on my settings n hadn't set a photo n that pic was the first one that was there.

And we can attract better players than edu, lafferty, naismith and mcculloch and they'll cost less than it would be to sell them if we scout properly.

Your idea about getting new blood in is not rocket science Marty, every person at Rangers knows we need new players because our squad is far too small, so I don't think too many would disagree with you there.

But frankly, the idea of clearing out 10 players in one hit and getting rid of the likes of Edu is however,quite ridiculous IMO. Does the name of Tony Mowbray ring a bell anywhere? and look what that clearout resulted in, much to my delight when he did it.

Naismith,Broadfoot,Beasley,Novo,Smith, can all go as far as I'm concerned.The Boyd situation is out of our hands as is the Weir situation. Lafferty won't go anywhere unless some club comes in with a decent bid for him.McCulloch isn't going anywhere in a hurry unless we have a new Manager in place who doesn't like him and where are we going to get the mega-bucks to replace all these guys with the quality players you would like to see at Ibrox next season?

Unless you know something the rest of us don't know, then don't think that a takeover by anybody will result in us suddenly becoming super rich.

This post sounds like last year and the year before. I agreed then but not now. Boyd will go as will Boughy (I think), Smith and Novo (wish he could stay). So why should we even be thinking of selling anyone else? We have a good solid squad with a great spirit! McCulloch has had a good season as has Edu when available. Captain Weir should stay. I'm no great fan of Laff or Naismith but I'd give them both another year. Overall, we've had a great season so why all the bitchin' from the OP? He talks about bringing in quality but where does that come from? Anyone in mind? We are not going to do well in the CL next year but we get the money from it and our footballing target should be the SPL and The Europa League. That's our level at the moment, whether we like it or not.

(tu)

OP is having a totally over the top reaction to our lose tonight. We played well in that game (remember it's the end of the season) and we have played great all season, only 2 loses! Depending on who leaves this summer we should buy a couple of players to freshen the squad but a clearout? doh

Novo should stay, always gives 100% and loves the club. I agree that we need a clear out to be able to mount any challenge in the champions league. If we don't our reputation will just go down the shiter and we will just be another team that the big clubs want. Revamp 2010 :wink:

Yeah, after winning the league with several games to spare, winning the league cup, only beaten three times all season, one of the best defences in Europe, and no money to spend for two years, 90 minutes of football proves all of those players are shite and need moving on. Great post. doh

I agree almost completely with the OP with the exceptions being swapping Whittaker for weir on the list, Whit has scored a fantastic amount of goals this year - which he won't get close to next year - but general play is no-where near good enough especially positional play, which gets made excruciatingly obvious come champ league time. If we are genuine about building a proper team, inaddeqate players must be replaced regardless of being league winners or not. Currently the bulk of the squad is not up to it.

Clearout? You having a fucking laugh?

The reason we won the league this season if because we kept the same squad/team and didn't get rid of first team players.

Having a clearout and essentially a new team is fucking suicide if you ask me. Mowbray-esque

I agree almost completely with the OP with the exceptions being swapping Whittaker for weir on the list, Whit has scored a fantastic amount of goals this year - which he won't get close to next year - but general play is no-where near good enough especially positional play, which gets made excruciatingly obvious come champ league time. If we are genuine about building a proper team, inaddeqate players must be replaced regardless of being league winners or not. Currently the bulk of the squad is not up to it.

Mate the squad has just won 2 in a row, so how they not up to it. <cr>

I don't understand why anybody would want us to effectiely rip apart one of the most together squads we have had in recent times.

We need additions to beef the squad up, not sales that will only streamline it further

The voice of reason as always DBBTB!

Why rip apart a squad that has done us proud this year.

a few quality additions next year and we will be looking great!

True, obv I done the thread last night after the game when feelings are still high. I do believe tho that we should be looking to replace a good few players as well tho, Naismith and lafferty and obviously Boyd too if he leaves. Weir shouldn't get another year either. Time to move on and as yi say, freshen up

Mate the squad has just won 2 in a row, so how they not up to it. <cr>

I'm afraid winning the Scottish league these days mate, does not a good team make. In the current climate a good Scottish team is judged in Europe. I'm afraid we're the best of a very bad lot at the mo', a very bad lot! Last years champ league campaign was by far the worst ever and unless there is the forementioned clear out of inaddequate personel next season will be the same. That is, of course unless the manky mob get there act together which would leave us with the same cracks only minus the paper. Btw when I say clearout I mean these players must be replaced by more capable individuals. The fact that finances are nil doesn't alter the need for change, just the means.