Anybody else think Brazil might not get past the group stages?

Just looking at the World Cup provisional squads, groups etc... And I have to say Brazil will struggle to get out of this group stage. Has Dunga underestimated this group big time?

Group G

Brazil

Korea

Côte d'Ivoire

Portugal

Portugal's provisional squad:

Goalkeepers: Beto (Porto), Daniel Fernandes (Iraklis), Eduardo (Braga).

Defenders: Fabio Coentrao (Benfica), Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea), Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea), Ze Castro (Deportivo La Coruna), Bruno Alves (Porto), Rolando (Porto), Ricardo Costa (Lille), Duda (Malaga), Pepe (Real Madrid), Miguel (Valencia).

Midfielders: Tiago (Atletico Madrid), Deco (Chelsea), Raul Meireles (Porto), Nani (Manchester United), Miguel Veloso (Sporting Lisbon), Pedro Mendes (Sporting Lisbon).

Forwards: Simao Sabrosa (Atletico Madrid), Hugo Almeida (Werder Bremen), Liedson (Sporting Lisbon), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Danny (Zenit St Petersburg).

Côte d'Ivoire provisional squad:

Goalkeepers: Boubacar Barry (Lokeren), Vincent Angban, Daniel Yeboah (both Asec Mimosas)

Defenders: Aristide Zogbo (Maccabi Netanya); Souleymane Bamba (Hibernian); Arthur Boka (Stuttgart), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal), Abdoulaye Meite (West Brom), Siaka Tiene, Benjamin Angoua (both Valenciennes), Kolo Toure (Manchester City), Steve Gohouri (Wigan); Emerse Fae (Nice), Guy Demel (Hamburg)

Midfielders: Romaric N'Dri Koffi, Didier Zokora (both Sevilla), Cheick Tiote (FC Twente), Yaya Toure (Barcelona), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Young Boys), Kanga Akale (Lens), Jean-Jacques Gosso (Monaco), Emmanuel Kone (International Curtea Arges)

Forwards: Aruna Dindane (Lens), Seydou Doumbia (Young Boys), Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou (both Chelsea), Kader Keita (Galatasaray), Bakari Kone (Marseille), Gervinho (Lille), Lacina Traore (CFR Cluj).

I've checked out the form via several packets of crisps and I'll tell you now, you can forget Brazil.

Argentinean flame grilled steak FTW :lol:

My tip for the final, but the Kangaroo flavour will win it. :wink:

:mutley:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Ivory Coast will do poor, again, like they did in the African Cup of Nations.

Brazil don't play the football we expect, but they are winning machines under Dunga.

Brazil may have declined to call up players like Ronaldinho and Diego but Dunga knows exactly what he's doing. He's created an organised, defensively solid team with the flair of Robinho, Kaka and Maicon supplying Luis Fabiano. So far, his formula has worked excellently and I think it will continue to work excellently. Favourites for the World Cup.

Watching Brazil is usually the highlight of any major tournament for me but Dunga is in danger of ruining it for me. No Pato, Ronaldinho, Neymar or Diego and Baptista goes? Dunga has said himself he is picking Baptista due to loyalty and because he turned up for a aquad two years ago when Roma didn't want him to, he also said he is not picking players on what they do for their club but on how they have previously played for Brazil and how they work within the group. To an extent I can see his point but how can Pato etc prove themselves if he doesn't give them a chance?

I also find it strange that the likes of Maxwell and Thiago Motto never get near the squad despite playing for two of the worlds best clubs while the likes of Gilberto Silva gets in.

The strange thing is you could pick an 11 of Brazllian players who are not even in the wc squad who are better than almost every other country.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Ivory Coast's performance at the African Cup of Nation shows how poor they are.

They have good players, but they can't play as a team.

No danger of Brazil going out in the first round.

There squad might be missing the star attractions, but the bulk of the squad and team has been together for years now and only lost a handful of games in the process.

Brazils only worry is Kakas fitness and lack of form.

Far too man people overlook how good a side Brazil still are simply because they lack the so called champagne players. The way they brushed England aside with ease a few months back shows their quality.

Portugal have been murder under Quieroz and their "main man" Ronaldo hasn't scored a competitive goal for them since Euro 2008 which for one of the worlds best players is nothing short of honking.

Ivory Coast are stupidly over rated by everybody. Talented squad, but collecrively they are the classic example of bottle merchants.

Nope, I think they are the best team in the competition along with Spain.

Ivory Coast are awful as a team, depsite having several "stars" and I think Brazil will stroll past them.

Potugal clearly have a good squad but I expect Brazil to top the group or at least definitely qualify.