Rangers To Be In Pot 3 For CL Draw

Stu1993

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realise that the national coefficient also counted, no wonder the bigger leagues are always there, totally unfair!

it was never meant to be fair, from day 1 the CL was about as many games as possible, therefore as much money as possible for the bigger Clubs in the bigger leagues.

We must have won the games (even on penalties) to reach the final.

I don't think so, Fiorentina was the only one we won on pens and I'm sure that will be counted as two draws.

That season our coefficient was just over 22, whereas Sevilla, who had won it the previous two seasons (?) got over 28 both times.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2010.html

As I said in an earlier post, don't fully understand how it is worked out. :lol:

thats what bugs me, if your champions of your prespective league you shouldn't have to qualify, the whole fucking system co eficient shite is just wrong, 4 from england, spain, germany, italy, holland bla bla bla, they really should just rename champions league to something else.

Exactly my sentiments buba.If the tournament is for the champions of the respective euro leagues, hence the title of the comp "UEFA Champions League" then simply said champions should auto qualify for it,otherwise they should look at re-naming the comp and the whole working model of how the euro system,co-effiency,tournaments etc.

It aint doing rangers and scottish football no good at all. :anguish:

Didn't realise that the national coefficient also counted, no wonder the bigger leagues are always there, totally unfair!

it was never meant to be fair, from day 1 the CL was about as many games as possible, therefore as much money as possible for the bigger Clubs in the bigger leagues.

We must have won the games (even on penalties) to reach the final.

I don't think so, Fiorentina was the only one we won on pens and I'm sure that will be counted as two draws.

That season our coefficient was just over 22, whereas Sevilla, who had won it the previous two seasons (?) got over 28 both times.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2010.html

As I said in an earlier post, don't fully understand how it is worked out. :lol:

Fellow bears as is life,playing in a small,non big money league does us no favours and yes it's not fair,but until the suit and tie men in uefa decide otherwise,even being the champions of our league no longer gives the right to auto qualification,from after next season.Just like the idea of introducing video playback into our game as a tool to making the game fairer the powers that be just turn their heeds in ignorance.Really makes me wonder,hidden agendas and aw that.Fuckin bollox aye.Who needs them we will still turn out as the most domestically successful club in the world.Nae surrender.Nae danger.

53and counting.

WATP. :gerbad: