Selling Allan McGregor

Boab

If Alan McGregor comes out next year and continues to lump the ball up the park to no-one, then I'm not sure if that's a bigger indictment on the coaching staff or the player himself.

Every fan and their dog can see that it's a woeful ploy that rarely works.

If he could sort out that distribution, he'd be so much better.

Go to the top of the class Iain, you have passed your coaching badge with flying colours.(tu)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it came down to it, which it may or may not, I'd be more comfortable selling Shagger than Bougherra or Steven Davis. Whether or not Alexander is a suitable replacement is a different matter...

An excellent point made by Papaguy, by the way, RE: McGregor's distribution. Has anyone watched Joe Hart this season? He hates holding onto the ball, he's looking for options before he's even in possession of the ball and the urgency at which he does so can cause some amount of hassle. We lack that, not only in our 'keeper, but throughout our side.

Unsure. Although Alexander is a good keeper I just feel that some of the crucial saves that McGregor pulls off that determine wins from draws I think that Alexander wouldn't get to.

Alexander has a fantastic record when put in, penalty saves semi final uefa, Scottish cup and league cup finals etc etc, yeah i would take the cash, but if he was to get injured we could right up that u-bend

This is something that I have mentioned in a number of threads.

I would not be too bothered if we sold McGregor for £4-5m and used the funds to give Walter a more handsome budget to strenghten the squad. Losing our best players is not something I want to see us doing but IMO Alexander is a more than capable replacement for McGregor and as DBBTB said we could get someone like Cerny for a few hundred thousand who would be reasonable back up.

People are judging Alexander on the last couple of games this season

Shows you how fickle football fans can be considering a sizeable amount of people were claiming he was better than McGregor

It's just been a while since McGregor made a clanger and he's played more games. Alexander is a solid keeper but McGregor as a shot stopper is up there with Goram and Klos at times making saves he has no right to make.

I would not be too bothered if we sold McGregor for £4-5m and used the funds to give Walter a more handsome budget to strenghten the squad. Losing our best players is not something I want to see us doing but IMO Alexander is a more than capable replacement for McGregor and as DBBTB said we could get someone like Cerny for a few hundred thousand who would be reasonable back up.

Hello Walter!

Hello Walter!

Well spotted Boab but what about his level of performance?

Hello Walter!

You been on the drink?

Hello Walter!

You been on the drink?

Milk just there after my Fish, was just a joke :P

You never noticed that Walter is forever saying that phrase, in post match interviews?

Hello Walter!

Well spotted Boab but what about his level of performance?

I said my point in the OP :P

I'd not mind if McGregor was sold.

Hello Walter!

You been on the drink?

You never noticed that Walter is forever saying that phrase, in post match interviews?

Not really.

Hello Walter!

You been on the drink?

Not really.

Oh well.

Its a tricky one Alexander is really steady and never makes mistakes although some folk said he didn't look to clever against THE ENEMY in their own midden on the other hand big Greegsy does make the odd mistake or two but some of the saves he's made in big important matches have been world fucking class he could walk into ANY team in the Premiership but if someone came in with silly money for him then I suppose you'd have to let him go but I'd rather see him stay at the brox as we're losing too many blue noses from the club at the moment and I mean the one's who can play a bit. :uk:

Keep him simple my sister whos always posting agrees with me keep him hes a great keeper goram the second is pretty possible even andy says himself so theres definately something about him if 'the goalie' himself can see it alexander is a great keeper too but not in the same league as shagger WATP :wink:

i would punt him for anything over 4 million

millwallloyal is right, with the money we could bring in, this summer could be a belter for us, if we do things right

im happy with alexander number 1, i dont feel safe with shagger in goal, not sure why.