Selling Allan McGregor

Boab

Would you be happy for Allan to be sold, for either financial (part money and part transfer or all of either) or/and also footballing reasons as we have Neil Alexander?

I would be as the money could come in, handy Neil is more than capable to be Rangers Number 1.

I'd argue, because of Neil, Allan is expendable or would you disagree on that? Infact, I'd say he was arguably the most expendable player in the squad.

You?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Alexander, but just don't feel anywhere near as confident as I do with McGreggor in the goals, so unless we are talking funny money then I would rather we kept him.

We should be keeping our best players. McGregor is one of them.

I agree

but our finances dictate that this isn't impossible and McGregor is easily replaceable

I take it you meant possible.

He position is easily filled by Alexander, Allan McGregor is far from replaceable. His distribution is very poor at times but he more than makes up for that with his ability to make wonder saves. A really top class keeper on his day and he rarely has an off day.

I might have went too far with the praise but every word is true.

I agree

but our finances dictate that this isn't impossible and McGregor is easily replaceable

He position is easily filled by Alexander, Allan McGregor is far from replaceable. His distribution is very poor at times but he more than makes up for that with his ability to make wonder saves. A really top class keeper on his day and he rarely has an off day.

I like McGregor - hopefully our finances get sorted out and we are in a position to turn down any offer that falls below our valuation of him

he is one first team player i think it makes sense to sell IF we got a sufficient transfer fee (approaching the £5mil mark maybe) and only if the full transfer fee could be used to add to our squad. Otherwise i would keep him.

I used to think Alexander was a better keeper but now I don't. McGregor is the better all rounder by sone distance.

McGregor has that presence that all great goalkeepers have. Alexander doesn't.

I'd far rather sacrafice Bougherra than McGregor and if McGregor went I'd like to hope that we would sign Cerny to replace him.

Guest therabbitt

I agree

I like McGregor - hopefully our finances get sorted out and we are in a position to turn down any offer that falls below our valuation of him

Our finances are effectively "sorted" and we are in a position to turn down any offer that falls below our (Walters) valuation of him.

I used to think Alexander was a better keeper but now I don't. McGregor is the better all rounder by sone distance.

McGregor has that presence that all great goalkeepers have. Alexander doesn't.

I'd far rather sacrafice Bougherra than McGregor and if McGregor went I'd like to hope that we would sign Cerny to replace him.

good shout . couple years ago i would have said alexander but after old firm games this year and last i changed mind and greegsy has to stay.

I'm not totally confident in McGregor's distribution or when coming for crosses and would have no problem with Alexander being number the number one.

Saying that, shot stopping is the most important job for a keeper and IMO, there's not many better than McGregor at doing that so we should really be trying to keep him.

I agree

Our finances are effectively "sorted" and we are in a position to turn down any offer that falls below our (Walters) valuation of him.

Despite the off field crap Walter clearly values McGregor very, very highly.

Take the whole "boozegate" crap. Barry was encouraged to leave while McGregor retained his place albeit after a while warming the bench.

And then the crap pre Edu Old Firm, McGregor again retained his place. We know he wasn't guilty of anything but he was all over the front page of the papers and generally not keeping his head down.

I would say with some confidence I really don't think we will see Allan McGregor leave unless we get offered silly money, and we wont get that.

It's a tough one, on his day, McGregor makes some outstanding saves, but he is one of our saleable assets. I would sell him him, but only if we get a decent offer. Alexander is a good replacement, but IMO, is not as good as McGregor.

still have concerns that shagger isnt commanding enough at crosses

fortunes chopped off goal for instance, on another day the ref doesnt blow for a foul

a prime example of how a keeper should command his box was the dagenham and redbridge keeper today, about 8 or 9 times he punched the ball clear in the final minutes when rotherham launched high ball after high ball

keeper flattened anyone near him, friend or foe, to make sure he got the ball

I'd have no problem with McGregor being sold. He's a good keeper but i'd rather sell him, and use the cash to strengthen up front considering Alexander is a capable replacement. Off the pitch he's a clown as well - half the bars in Glasgow have a story about him misbehaving when he's pished, and the carry on with his bird and the mystery assailants was embarrasing. He's never out the papers and i cant help but think Le Guen was right about him. If you're playing for Rangers the least we should expect is a professional attitude.