Founders Trail and Stadium Tour 30th May 2010.

Just a wee reminder here.

This thread was about the promotion of our Founders, but once again they've taken second place to the pettiness of many.

I will repeat myself though, it's obvious that a lot of traffic from VB is on here daily and that's great that saves me the bother of drawing up another ad and thread for your site.

As i've said we're on a few websites that have all responded positively to the project, but we're now branching out into other areas like Supporters Clubs and the Tourist market.

I'm going to ''piss off again sharpish'' as i have a life to lead.

We'll be back on over the next couple of days with further details on the June and July Trails and Stadium Tours.

Hope to have some of you along.

Rangers First.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever ... what we have here is Moonlighter, the one who says he calls ALL the shots, refusing an open opportunity to include VB in the sites on which he promotes the Founder Trail.

It is also been made clear that VB, for their part, are only too willing to help the organisers of the Founders Trail to reach the widest possible audience... and that VB as a whole genuinely support the Founders Trail venture.

I think there's very little ambiguity about any of this and I'm sure those with a will to do so can see where the real issues lie.

Very sad state of affairs but at least some doubts have now been removed ... sharpish.

All you need now is to understand where it stems from ... the petty jealousies of the owner of FF.

If anything, it's coming across like it's the Vanguard Bears who are jealous because they're not involved.

It's been stated already that Mark Dingwall has nothing to do with the Founders Trail but you choose to ignore that.

The name calling from yourself is childish and embarrassing.

If you're interested in the history of the Club then book a seat on the bus and see for yourself how great it is, instead of sniping from behind a keyboard.

That's absolute bollox and I think you know that.

This came about because Balgairbear stated that the founders trail was advertised on ALL Rangers fans sites, when quite clearly it isn't.

I some day hope to do the founders trail, I do not post much on here as VB is a site that I prefer, that's just me.

But please, stop the downright conjecture and stick to facts.

Yes as i have stated on an earlier post, At the time i posted my orginal post i was NOT aware that there was a few sites that were not contacted regards the promotion of the "Founders Trail ", As has been highlighted VB and Every Other Saturday are a couple which had not been aproached, and it was not a deliberate exclusion on my behalf.

All you need now is to understand where it stems from ... the petty jealousies of the owner of FF.

If anything, it's coming across like it's the Vanguard Bears who are jealous because they're not involved.

It's been stated already that Mark Dingwall has nothing to do with the Founders Trail but you choose to ignore that.

If you're interested in the history of the Club then book a seat on the bus and see for yourself how great it is, instead of sniping from behind a keyboard.

This came about because Balgairbear stated that the founders trail was advertised on ALL Rangers fans sites, when quite clearly it isn't.

I some day hope to do the founders trail, I do not post much on here as VB is a site that I prefer, that's just me.

Yes as i have stated on an earlier post, At the time i posted my orginal post i was NOT aware that there was a few sites that were not contacted regards the promotion of the "Founders Trail ", As has been highlighted VB and Every Other Saturday are a couple which had not been aproached, and it was not a deliberate exclusion on my behalf.

Fair enough.You made a mistake,explained,apologised and we move on.Fair play to you.

Not a dig at yourself, just stating the facts.

As I have stated before I do not post much on here, as I prefer VB, I would more than likely have done the founders trail by now if it was advertised over there.

I guarantee you, as much as VB is not a high traffic site you would get a great response from the bears and bearettes on there with regards to the tour.

Just a wee reminder here.

This thread was about the promotion of our Founders, but once again they've taken second place to the pettiness of many.

I will repeat myself though, it's obvious that a lot of traffic from VB is on here daily and that's great that saves me the bother of drawing up another ad and thread for your site.

As i've said we're on a few websites that have all responded positively to the project, but we're now branching out into other areas like Supporters Clubs and the Tourist market.

I'm going to ''piss off again sharpish'' as i have a life to lead.

We'll be back on over the next couple of days with further details on the June and July Trails and Stadium Tours.

Hope to have some of you along.

Rangers First.

Its illogical to say because a few VB posters use RM there is no need to post about the follow follow founders trail on there. If you follow that logic then loads of RM posters use follow follow so there is no neeed to post about it on here.

Use the invitation given in good faith to post on VB or give the reason why not, I believe this reason to be that it would upset a cettain profiteer who owns another website.

Fuxache - did youz lot skip school the day?

Can this petty crap no be kept tae PM or e:mail?

Or mibee even lift a phone somebody?

These arguments and pettiness (maybe the wrong word) have nae place on a public forum - it only disappoints folks like me who don't know, or care, aboot aw these politics.

Just a pity it isn't open to all Rangers fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS open to ALL Rangers fans from anywhere in the WORLD, not just FF as some people on here seem to think, There was a thread on hear a couple of weeks back from which there have been a Few from RM booked up. The trail is advertised on ALL Rangers web sites, contrary to what you have heard. ;)

Despite the offer of a log in & indeed an open invitation to post news of the Founders Trail on another Rangers supporters site, the organisers chose not to. The real reasons for that remain unknown.

Hence the reason why there is division amongst The Rangers Support. and this instance proves once and for all who is responsible for this division.

Why would they refuse the opportunity to post the details of this on VanguardBears

This ISN'T about Rangers Media.

This ISN'T about Vanguard.

This ISN'T about Follow Follow.

This ISN'T about individuals.

This IS about the promotion and celebration of four kids who fought to keep their dream alive.

Their dream became reality and their Club, which was formed purely for the love of football, nothing else, became the greatest in the world.

Maybe some on here should put them before their own pettiness.

We will continue to advertise on here , because i believe this site has many good Bears who will put The Rangers first before themselves, unlike others who are more interested in their inflated internet egos.

Iain.

What an extremely patronising post, have you any idea of the Ironic content of that post.

Do I need to explain it to you ?

Not a dig at yourself, just stating the facts.

As I have stated before I do not post much on here, as I prefer VB, I would more than likely have done the founders trail by now if it was advertised over there.

I guarantee you, as much as VB is not a high traffic site you would get a great response from the bears and bearettes on there with regards to the tour.

I think, if you look at the exposure proactively generated in regard to the "Save Rangers Football Club" facebook group, that will go some way to re-enforcing that point, as well as the pace with which the William McBeath grave was sorted out.

Anything for the good of Rangers, and, of interest to Rangers fans is proactively put out there, via many routes, to a wide audience, if anything, this would save Moonlighter time and effort, rather than create more? Passionate Bears would be spreading the word about a fantastic learning experience for other Bears.

Seems simple to me

I'm still reeling at the fact Moonlighter is willing to put his own prejudices before the club and supporters. The Founders Trail is a brilliant idea and should be supported and promoted to all. For the person at the helm of the project not to accept an offer to advertise the Founders Trail on a prominent Rangers website is almost beyond belief.

Surely it's not too late Moonlighter. You've got an amazing opportunity here to build a huge bridge that will benefit everyone. Why not grasp the chance and accept the VB offer right away. What possible reason could there be for not doing so?

I'm still reeling at the fact Moonlighter is willing to put his own prejudices before the club and supporters. The Founders Trail is a brilliant idea and should be supported and promoted to all. For the person at the helm of the project not to accept an offer to advertise the Founders Trail on a prominent Rangers website is almost beyond belief.

Surely it's not too late Moonlighter. You've got an amazing opportunity here to build a huge bridge that will benefit everyone. Why not grasp the chance and accept the VB offer right away. What possible reason could there be for not doing so?

I know the answer, you know the answer and so does Moonlighter, But he is afraid to let people know the truth.

He does not need to compose a new advert for the Founders Trail, He can cut and paste his original advert, But that would mean a connection with VB and possibly a start to the unification of the Rangers support and an end to any division.

Unity is strength,

To quote Moonlighter, "Rangers First"

Has anyone done the do it yourself founders trail,I have, its brilliant and easy to do, you know where the sites are, go do it yourself.Also there is nothing to stop you booking a Stadium Tour for yourself as well at the end or the beginning.

Has anyone done the do it yourself founders trail,I have, its brilliant and easy to do, you know where the sites are, go do it yourself.Also there is nothing to stop you booking a Stadium Tour for yourself as well at the end or the beginning.

If its not too much work for you could you possibly post a guide for those who would like to do this?

If its not too much work for you could you possibly post a guide for those who would like to do this?

The guide I used was the GP book and Rangers The Complete History.Or this

454419-1.jpg

For those of us that haven't the first clue about this apparent rift between VB and FF, what repercussions are in store for The Moonlighter if he decides to post the information on VB?

And then, if it is nothing to do with FF, why not just post the info on VB and be done with it? Sounds to me like a perfectly decent thing to do?

Thanx 4baab

Go forth mate.

I hope I dont get into trouble for advertising the DIY founders trail.

The map you posted was made by one of the guys on the Founders Committee so there's no reason to think you'd get into "trouble".

Thanx 4baab

Go forth mate.

I hope I dont get into trouble for advertising the DIY founders trail.

The map you posted was made by one of the guys on the Founders Committee so there's no reason to think you'd get into "trouble".

I never used it personally, I posted it for others who may be interested in doing it themselves. I think diy is the best way to do a founders trail or a history hike, or a remembrance ramble.