celtc appoint the lurgan bigot

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets concentrate on this season and sellcks novice up against our veteran.

I don't think I have said the league is in the bag just that sellck have made it easier for us than they could have. The reverence some of you seem to hold lennon in (great motivator etc) is not shared by me. Each to there own though

It will not be as easy as it was this season

In reference to the 8 game winning streak though, the league was over the one and only game they had to win to give them something to salvage from the season they lost 2-0 biggrin.gif

I see the point Walter VS Lennon no brainer but other issues i.e funds will come into it Lennon will get them fighting and toughen up the questionable defence but we have to go into this campaign with confidence NAE DOUGH 2 IN A ROW boogie.png

I don't think I have said the league is in the bag just that sellck have made it easier for us than they could have. The reverence some of you seem to hold lennon in (great motivator etc) is not shared by me. Each to there own though

No, but others have. celtc haven't made it easier for us. I don't think Lennon is a good manager, no-one know's what he is like as it's his first job, but I reckon he will get the dressing room going, he will get rid of the dead wood, he will fill his team with thugs, battlers and try to kick the whole of the SPL of the park. It wont be pretty, he will take a leaf out of Walter Smith and Martin O'Neill's book, and try to win each game first and foremost.

Again, like I have said in any celtc/Lennon thread, it's not what they do, it's what we do, and that is all that matters. If we don't get the right players in, add a bit of quality, and depth, then we will struggle. I don't think celtc will drop as many silly points as last season, time will tell.

In reference to the 8 game winning streak though, the league was over the one and only game they had to win to give them something to salvage from the season they lost 2-0 biggrin.gif

I see the point Walter VS Lennon no brainer but other issues i.e funds will come into it Lennon will get them fighting and toughen up the questionable defence but we have to go into this campaign with confidence NAE DOUGH 2 IN A ROW boogie.png

The eight game winning streak (5 at home and 3 away) was hardly impressive. If they played like they did in those games next season I would be over the moon.

No, but others have. celtc haven't made it easier for us.

As opposed to appointing a high profile mananger after a worldwide search, they really have…. :sherlock:

All I would say is that he had one game with real pressure on it last year, and we all know what happened.

Lennon is going to copy exactly what Walter Smith does. He'll get his team set up with a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, work on a solid defence with tried and tested players/techniques and try to make the bairn-fuckers hard to beat.

He'll do no worse than Mowbray, as at the very least, he'll get them up for it.

I do however expect Walter Smith to dispose of him with relative ease.

The eight game winning streak (5 at home and 3 away) was hardly impressive. If they played like they did in those games next season I would be over the moon.

Doesn't matter how they play, it's about grinding out results, and that's what they did. Season, and league was over, not in Lennon's eye's - he was fighting for his future, and in the league, did a good enough job, and that along with a number of reason's, is why he is getting the job.

As opposed to appointing a high profile mananger after a worldwide search, they really have…. :sherlock:

They were never going to appoint a high profile manager, Lennon was alway's going to get the job - it's what the celtc fans wanted, and if it goes tits up, then Liewell will not be blamed.

Doesn't matter how they play, it's about grinding out results, and that's what they did. Season, and league was over, not in Lennon's eye's - he was fighting for his future, and in the league, did a good enough job, and that along with a number of reason's, is why he is getting the job.

Strange you never apply that to rangers or even our performances in the cup competitions under Mccoist, strange but not surprising in the slightest.. The league was over hence it being easier for lennon, the one game that mattered he couldn't win.

He is getting the job as they don't have the money to hire anyone decent due to there monumental fuck up last season.

They were never going to appoint a high profile manager, Lennon was alway's going to get the job - it's what the celtc fans wanted, and if it goes tits up, then Liewell will not be blamed.

Sellck said they were carrying out a worldwide search, you must think they are lying… :sherlock:

If you read sellck MB’s it’s not what they want at all but when they realised they were dealing in the bargain basement a sellck man was better than a levein or a pardew…..

Strange you never apply that to rangers

Your talking rubbish there - given Smith and Rangers plenty credit over the last season, but not suprised you missed it, as it doesn't back up your replies.

The performances under McCoist were awful, the choice of personnel, tactics were not exactly inspiring. He struggled to get the players up for games, and in a few games, Walter Smith had to step in, whilst McCoist and McDowall stood stairing at a clip board, looking into the sky - I couldn't really give a shit how celtc play, if they win, they win. I do expect certain stuff from Rangers, they are my team afterall.

Sellck said they were carrying out a worldwide search, you must think they are lying… :sherlock:

If you read sellck MB’s it’s not what they want at all but when they realised they were dealing in the bargain basement a sellck man was better than a levein or a pardew…..

I don't go on celtc forums tbh, couldn't give a shit what they have to say.

Levein wouldn't leave Scotland anyway, not at this stage, and did they ever make an approach for Alan Pardew?

Can't remember anyone at celtc coming out and saying they were carrying out a world wide search. Liewell knows himself that he could not attract a big name, and Lennon has been the number one since before the end of the season.

All you do is whine about the quality of Rangers, you maybe lack the self awareness to know how you come across. You certainly don't come on here after a victory and a poor performance by saying...ah well we won but feck it i'm happy, all we see is post after post of complaints.

Again you don't apply the same standards when judging lennon and ally. Why you stick up for lennon when slating a legend like ally is down to yourself, each to there own.

I don't go on celtc forums tbh, couldn't give a shit what they have to say.

Levein wouldn't leave Scotland anyway, not at this stage, and did they ever make an approach for Alan Pardew?

Can't remember anyone at celtc coming out and saying they were carrying out a world wide search. Liewell knows himself that he could not attract a big name, and Lennon has been the number one since before the end of the season.

Yeah why read something that totally contradicts what you say…how would that help you.

Levein and pardew were the quality of people they were linked with hence the accaptence of lennon, you seem to be missing the point as it doesn't suit your arguement......

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8301454/1/

i knwo you won't read it because of your lofty standards but that is not a support happy they have lennon , it's a support willing to get behind him but to a man wanted someone with far more experience.

Strange you never apply that to rangers

Your talking rubbish there - given Smith and Rangers plenty credit over the last season, but not suprised you missed it, as it doesn't back up your replies.

The performances under McCoist were awful, the choice of personnel, tactics were not exactly inspiring. He struggled to get the players up for games, and in a few games, Walter Smith had to step in, whilst McCoist and McDowall stood stairing at a clip board, looking into the sky - I couldn't really give a shit how celtc play, if they win, they win. I do expect certain stuff from Rangers, they are my team afterall.

true

3IAR in the bag ?

ha, nice tongue in cheek post.

We need a goalscorer & a few more good additions before we can think like that

We need width, pace and players with the ability to go by a man with the ball.

All you do is whine about the quality of Rangers, you maybe lack the self awareness to know how you come across. You certainly don't come on here after a victory and a poor performance by saying...ah well we won but feck it i'm happy, all we see is post after post of complaints.

Again you don't apply the same standards when judging lennon and ally. Why you stick up for lennon when slating a legend like ally is down to yourself, each to there own.

And rightly so, I pay the money, I expect to see better at times. I've came on here and moaned, and I've come on here and praised them for grinding out a result. Complaint after complaint, your talking shite there, and fine you know it, but yet again, it suits you.

Sticking up for Lennon, I don't think so. All I'm saying is that I think he will get celtc up for games, and will grind out results, opinions are like assholes.

Hardly slating McCoist, I'm only spotting the obvious.

they obviously were lying, i always expected lemon to get the job

i also thought there was an opinion within the tramps fans to give the job to Levein, i wonder if any managers knocked them back before they settled for Lennon?

(tu)

Strange you can't spot the "obvious" with lennon. Lennon got the team to win at all costs-well done, ally does the same but it isn't good enough as he doesn't do it with style.....bizzare

During the season the vast majority of your threads/posts are complaints, i can't believe you are saying that is not the case.... :lol:

3IAR in the bag ?

ha, nice tongue in cheek post.

We need a goalscorer & a few more good additions before we can think like that

We need width, pace and players with the ability to go by a man with the ball.

Welcome Harry

Spot on m8, wouldnt it be lovely to have 2 exciting wingers gliding by the shitey defeners in the SPL setting up chance after chance for our strikers?

:wink:

Strange you can't spot the "obvious" with lennon. Lennon got the team to win at all costs-well done, ally does the same but it isn't good enough as he doesn't do it with style.....bizzare

During the season the vast majority of your threads/posts are complaints, i can't believe you are saying that is not the case.... :lol:

Anyway I'm done talking about Lennon and celtc - we have different opinions, it's an internet forum.

Like I said above, I moan and praise the team, and management - I never said that was not the case. Again, I pay my hard earned money to go to games, I'll not hide my feelings if I don't agree with something, and if it means moaning, then tough shit.