celtc appoint the lurgan bigot

Imo he hasn't actually done that badly for them except for the Ross County game.

He loves that club and he will put his all into it.

He's the meaning of a f*nian bastard though.

Same goes for Tommy Burns and what did he win?

Realistically he only played one meaningfull competitive game and thats the one you mention, i can't see this being anything but good news for us!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the management and players don't adopt this attitude, thankfully they wont - a long season ahead, and if we do not put the hard work in, constantly switched on, and perform, then we will struggle.

Doesn't matter what celtc do, it's what we do that matters.

He wont do as bad as many people think, he went 8 games unbeaten i think it was including beating us, with a few signings they will put up a good fight next season

agree with you there...they play for him and seem to have more cash for signings so I don't expect it will be easy for us

Am I the only one who thinks this is not the worst appoitment for the taigs? Lennon knows what celtc and the SPL are about, can get the players fired up and will take no shit.

Although over a 38 game season I expect and hope Walter Smith will get the better of him.

I wouldnt be so confident of 3 in a row. If we dont sign any players and they get who they have been linked with (Lawrence, Bullard, Campbell) they will do well. He certainly got them playing again in the last 8 league games that he was in charge with. It will be a tighter title race this season but I would take winning it on goal difference :)

I expect us to win the league but it all depends on who we get in and who's still here come the start of the season. lennon will get them playing for the jersey but the guys hes been linked with are fairly decent players, don't think it will be as easy for us as some make out, plus they'll be out of europe fairly early so they can focus on the league, we have the experience though and that counts for a lot, it'll be a tight race but i expect us to win.

anybody see the kids on sky sports news singing there's only one neil lennon? I know there just kids but it was still funny that they arsed it up so bad.

Too many people getting far too cocky regarding this wan*ers appointment.Ross County aside he did what Mowbray couldn't by beating the diddy teams.We have lost key players and we could lose a couple more with no guarantees we will replace them similar quality.Never underestimate a team that are together and will run through brick walls for their manager regardless of their quality.

Look no further than us these last 2 years for proof of a hard to beat but average team

he will make them harder to beat. It will be a lot tougher than it was this year. Cant say i have been all that impressed with them in any of the games i saw when he was manager. Even against us i thought they were guff but managed to get a result which is all that matters in the end. Hes got a far weaker squad to begin with than mowbray had anyway.

From the evidence of his 8 wins out of 8, I fail to see why the OP has come up with this post. Sure, league was over but the games were there to be won, and he beat us at the first time of asking. Also we have just lost the first 4 players of a very thin squad.

It will be interesting to see how the wee cunt gets on in the CL qualifiers.

Thumped hopefully, which immediately puts him under pressure from the board and fans, and he crumbles!

It's threads like this we end up looking back on wishing we'd never said anything in the first place, as i said before we won two in a row, i won't celebrate until Weir is lifting the trophy above his head.

Found this interesting in the BBC article:

Making up Lennon's trio of coaches, is his former Leicester City team-mate [Garry] Parker.

The pair played in the Foxes' midfield in the late 1990s, and Parker had a spell as coach there, eventually leaving the club after one game as caretaker boss in 2001.

His appointment at Celtic will mark a return to football after an absence of nine years, during which time he has worked in the building trade.

For the shitbags amongst us, surely a manager with experience would give us something to fear, not a novice like lennon up against someone of Smiths stature.....

Sellck have given us better chance than i could have imagined of winning the league. They pretented they were carrying out a worldwide search when they knew all along they couldn't afford to. They have gone for the cheapest option possible and people are still scared...each to there own i guess.

surely a manager with experience would give us something to fear

Not necessarily - I don't think anyone is shitting it, they are just not getting carried away, and saying the league is in the bag.

Next season (2011/12) we could be the ones with a novice in place.