celtc appoint the lurgan bigot

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/celtic/neil-lennon-confirmed-as-celtic-manager-with-role-for-stuart-baxter-1.1033611

Neil Lennon confirmed as Celtic manager, with role for Stuart Baxter

Thomas Jordan

8 Jun 2010

NEIL LENNON will be unveiled as Celtic’s new manager tomorrow, with Stuart Baxter coming on board in an advisory capacity.

The Irishman has signed a deal to take over the hot-seat on a permanent basis and will be assisted by Johan Mjallby, Alan Thompson and Garry Parker.

Celtic will present Lennon as their new manager tomorrow at Celtic Park, bringing to an end weeks to speculation over the appointment.

It is understood that Baxter will continue as manager of the Finland national team, but will be available to advise Lennon as and when he is required to do so.

Thompson is expected to be Lennon’s No.2, with Mjallby continuing as a first-team coach along with Parker, a former team-mate of Lennon’s at Leicester City.

Lennon took over the reins from Tony Mowbray on an interim basis in March after the Englishman’s disastrous tenure and won all eight remaining league games, although defeat by First Division Ross County in the semi-finals of the Active Nation Scottish Cup was thought, at the time, to have ended his hopes of landing the job.

The Celtic board were very impressed with the manner in which Lennon went about his business both in the dressing-room and in the public arena, though, and now the former captain will be charged with winning the championship back from Rangers who have claimed two successive titles.

Lennon has already been busy preparing for his new role, scouting a host of games and lining up a raft of new signings. Now that his appointment has been confirmed he will press ahead with trying to bring them on board.

He is expected to make major changes to the first team squad, with as many as 10 new faces arriving and several heading in the opposite direction after under-achieving.

:lol:

Lennon didn't want baxter, i expect trouble at mill by October.....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much expected. Neil Lennon will be a decent appointment - he will get them playing, and fighting for the jersey, and they will grind out results.

dont see any trouble myself

this sense of certain Rangers fans thinking all is going to implode at the Glitterdome leaves me uneasy

lets wait and see who they sign before we go shouting our mouths off about what a shambles they are

The delay in announcing lennon, who signed a contract last week in london, was due to disagreements about his "mentor", so we shall see how things pan out. Forgive me thinking of the worse possible scenario for them at all times.......

Muff you said Mowbary would do a good job there last season so i take your seal of approval as a plus..... ;)

As much as I hate to say it I think Lennon will be a good appointment for them. Aside from the Ross County game he got them playing as a team. Never heard of that Baxter dude before so cant comment on him <cr>

The delay in announcing lennon, who signed a contract last week in london, was due to disagreements about his "mentor", so we shall see how things pan out. Forgive me thinking of the worse possible scenario for them at all times.......

Muff you said Mowbary would do a good job there last season so i take your seal of approval as a plus..... ;)

Doesn't matter, Mowbray is in the past, Lennon will get his players up for the battle, it will be a tighter league next season.

Our squad is paper thin, if we don't invest in the right players, then we will struggle. It's what we do that matters. I for one will not be taking the league for granted.

Just like he did in the one game that mattered last season against ross county......Lennon has never managed before (apart from a few frendlies at the end of last season)so how you know what he will or won't do is beyond me.

You can be of the opinion he will get players up for the fight and i will be of the opinion he won't......each to there own.... :sherlock:

Just like he did in the one game that mattered last season against ross county......Lennon has never managed before (apart from a few frendlies at the end of last season)so how you know what he will or won't do is beyond me.

You can be of the opinion he will get players up for the fight and i will be of the opinion he won't......each to there own.... :sherlock:

I couldn't really give a shit what celtc do, it's what we do that matters, but IMO, celtc will be a tougher team than last season, and wont drop so many stupid points.

Lennon will have his players up for games, something Mowbray couldn't do, and that's always a start, especially in this league.

With Neil Lennon and Alan Thompson in charge I think Celtic will implode next year. They couldn't handle the Old Firm pressure when they were players how they going to manage sitting in the dugout?

I couldn't really give a shit what celtc do, it's what we do that matters, but IMO, celtc will be a tougher team than last season, and wont drop so many stupid points.

Lennon will have his players up for games, something Mowbray couldn't do, and that's always a start, especially in this league.

Again, presumption on your part. He couldn’t get them up for the one game that mattered last season so I would question that assertion.

He was also part of the management team that failed under strachan and failed last season. Where were these magical powers of motivation them. There is a lot more to managing a football club the size of sellck than getting the players “up for it”, especially with someone looking over your shoulder

Doesn't matter, Mowbray is in the past, Lennon will get his players up for the battle, it will be a tighter league next season.

Our squad is paper thin, if we don't invest in the right players, then we will struggle. It's what we do that matters. I for one will not be taking the league for granted.

so true muff

well if he plans on getting rid of a lot of players and doing a "mowbray" and sign 10 new players then i would imagine they will have the same problems as last year , no team ethic as they will all be like strangers then again with Walter saying we have 14 FT players then we also have a job on our hands but we have a settled spine to the squad at least ..