Andrew Ellis consortium...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on follow follow BDTS and sccgers are both saying the deal is done

They would have to inform the stock exchange if it was…..

There's nothing on FF about it at all so I think someone *cough orange_bull cough* is lying.

on follow follow BDTS and sccgers are both saying the deal is done

They would have to inform the stock exchange if it was…..

There's nothing on FF about it at all so I think someone *cough orange_bull cough* is lying.

that what i meant they have been saying for the last 2 weeks that the deal is done

Here's my stab at it...

Ellis is fairly small time, but has big ideas. He has 3 interests in taking over Rangers FC.

First it's a massive ego trip; he becomes 'owner' of one of the biggest names in world football, and secondly there is some scope for marginal (low £Ms) profits through property speculation and running the club well - this means winning things, which requires investment. I think this will happen and i don't see any problem post-takeover in us retaining the title.

The 3rd interest is the real speculation, and this is where the arab money comes in...

if i was an arab investor, with more money than i could count, would i be interested in supporting Ellis realise his first 2 short term interests stated above - no, not really. But i might be interested in a medium term proposition where i think that Rangers could be part of the English Premiership (doubtful) or a Euro-league of some sort (possible/probable). So i would wager a few £million on that gamble. In that scenario i would be interested in keeping Rangers healthy, competitive and 'ready'.

I can't see that any middle east money men would be interested in the SPL, or occasional Champions League runs. It's a decent gamble as the value of the club would surely rise and the original stake would be pretty safe.

I guess i'm a glass half full kinda guy!

All this waiting is soooooooooooooo frustrating, i'll pop a cork just to celebrate the end of the wait, regardless of the details.

so lets just recap

AMMS and a few others are cautious and pessimistic regarding our possible takeover, thats fair enough, we dont know enough about this ellis guy or his financers

everyone else is excited and optimistic, thats also fair given the fucking mess were in, anyone seems better than murray right now

im in both camps, im very excited but i dont know if i trust this guy, i want to hear him speak, hear his vision and ideas for us

is it a fact that not one of us know what ellis' intentions are? Yes. However all parties are bound by Stock Market rules. I am frustrated as the next person at not knowing but I still feel its better than being aired in the open.

is it also a fact that this silence from all parties involved is splitting the support? Yes

im helluva confused and this is no good for the fans or our club, this uncertainty, i dont know how we can sign anyone or progress the football club while this takeover is hanging over us. We cant. We jusy have to hope this is concluded as quick as possible.

is it a fact that we just have to wait n see? Yes

thats the shitey bit, the waiting....weve been waiting for so long. So true. Seems like forever.

cheers chenks (tu)

The name I keep hearing is Lakshi Mittal, one of Britain's richest men, who has a big interest in QPR, where Ellis had some involvement.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one wrongly labelled as "Arab backers".

As a bit of an afterthought, could this open the door to England? Would it mean a merger or "name-swap" so we can get into that league?

Would the fans accept that?

All hypotheticals, mind you. :D

The name I keep hearing is Lakshi Mittal, one of Britain's richest men, who has a big interest in QPR, where Ellis had some involvement.

As a bit of an afterthought, could this open the door to England? Would it mean a merger or "name-swap" so we can get into that league?

He is Europes richest man and is the largest shareholder in QPR. I doubt its him tbh.

No, there's not a chance of that happening.

Seen that name mentioned a few times aswell.

Seen that name mentioned a few times aswell.

ewen cameron told me last night that the ellis deal was dead and sdm to stay in charge

ewank cameron is a prick and knows nothing about football imo :)

he fronts the worst phone-in show ever to be on radio

hes a clueless dickhead, plastic jambo, T*rrier sympathising arsehole

(tu)

:D