Official Ghana vs Australia Match Thread 1500 KO

Boab

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was 1 point more than I thought we'd get. Poor refereeing cost us but full credit to a really good Ghana side. Much better than the way we played against Germany.

We need a big win against Serbia and for Ghana to get shafted by Germany. can't see it happening but at least we still have a slim hope.

:clap: Well done Australia! :clap: Moore was immense today - going to be very tough without him in the next match.

He and Neill both did much better in defence today. Trying to play the offside trap in the last game was just plain stupid for players of their age and pace. They do much better when they sit back a bit and force players to try and go around them.

Well it was 1 point more than I thought we'd get. Poor refereeing cost us but full credit to a really good Ghana side. Much better than the way we played against Germany.

We need a big win against Serbia and for Ghana to get shafted by Germany. can't see it happening but at least we still have a slim hope.

If Ghana beat Germany then Australia will go through with a win against Serbia

I think............

If Ghana beat Germany then Australia will go through with a win against Serbia

I think............

Yeah they will. Can't see Ghana beating Germany. They've got a lot of talent but they're inexperienced and under pressure their defence tends to come apart. They got lucky against both Serbia and us but I doubt they'll have the chance against Germany. I just hope Germany steamroll them to help the goal difference.

Then again, as we've seen from some of the results anything can happen. Obviously I'm hoping for the best but to tell the truth I'm just happy they put in a decent performance tonight. The game against Germany was embarrassing. We needed to go out and show that Australian football is not a joke and I think we went some way to restoring the dignity if Australian football on the world stage. So if they can do the same in the final game win, lose or draw I'll be satisfied.

We've got no real strikers. The fact that Cahill a natural midfielder or Kewell a natural left winger are usually our sole strikers says it all really.

Why was Scott McDonald dropped then from the final squad?

Not sold on the red card, difficult for Kewell to get out of the way. The real crime was Emerton standing too far off Wilkshire then not closing the Ghanian down who gave the cross. Emerton's slackness essentially cost Kewell and Australia.

Wilkshire's miss was almost unprofessional.

We've got no real strikers. The fact that Cahill a natural midfielder or Kewell a natural left winger are usually our sole strikers says it all really.

Why was Scott McDonald dropped then from the final squad?

He's never scored for Australia for one. The other is that Scott McDonald has mostly had strike partners when playing at Celtic, never been the sole striker so he never really fit all that well with Pim Verbeeks system. I wouldn't mind seeing McDonald playing off Josh Kennedy (the tall guy with long hair who looks like Jesus) and then just playing Cahill in his natural role as supporting midfielder.