First Euro Trip

Dado

We got flights from Glasgow to Stanstead then to Bilbao, we started boozing in the airport in the morning (stella for breakfast...nice) continued through our flights and airports all through the day until we got to Bilbao, we got a bus into the centre and got a taxi to the hotel.

Met Manticore in the airport he tagged along since he was staying in the same hotel, nice guy, looks worryingly like a certain BBC presenter though ;)

The day of the game we hired a car and headed up to Paplona which took ages, had a good booze in the car though and when we got to the square I was in awe, there was bears everywhere, the amount of flags was unreal and the banter and the singing was in full flow, we were there a bit later than most but it seemed like just the right time to join the party.

Finding somewhere to put the flag was going to be a problem at this point because every space seemed to be filled so we had it over on the grass for a bit until there was a space on the bandstand type bit in the middle for it to proudly hang, we stayed in the bit in the middle taking to two young guys from somewhere up the north of Scotland who helped us hold up the flag for some photos before we found somewhere to hang it.

After winding up a news reporter by singing some choice songs every time she tried to film and watching her walk away in the huff, then nearly getting my head kicked in off of a six foot nutcase Rangers fan with a scar the length of his face we headed along to walk to the game, we stopped in a wee pub along the way for an hour and bammed up the barmaid something rotten and had a good singsong to boot, in good spirits we headed to the game.

We had tickets for the Osasuna end but when he noticed the 10ft Union Jack I was carrying we were flung in with the rest of the Rangers support and after spotting what the polices attire was (batons are so 1972) we headed up the back out the way, the game started and the Rangers support were in brillinat voice from the off but you could have cut the atmosphere with a knife and you could see what was going to unfold, I dont remember all of it due to the amount of booze consumed but I could see quite clearly the spanish police beating anything that moved, it was a disgrace and im sure you have all seen the pictures/videos of it.

The less said about the actual game the better.....

When the whistle went I was bombing out as fast as I could when the Spanish Police grabbed me and threw me back into a line, when Brydo tried to come up and get me he was swung at with a baton so he done the off outside and I was carted back into the ground with the rest of the support.

At this point the Rangers support began to sing again in full voice, out but not downhearted - F*cking Brilliant so it was.

After about 20 minutes I done a fly one and managed to sneak out before the other fans and after the game I heard there was riots again so im glad I made it out.

On the whole I was pretty disgusted by the way we were treated by the Spanish Police but it wouldnt put me off going again, roll on next season.

We Are The People

Here are some pics from the trip:-

The Troops with the RM Flag

DSC00185.jpg

The Stadium

DSC00191.jpg

The Rangers Support

DSC00190.jpg

The RM Flag in the square in Paplona

DSC00182.jpg

Great pictures, it's almost as if I was there when I'm looking at them so I'm going to throw myself down the stairs head first to get the full Osasuna effect (tu)

:lol:

How was the 'talent' in Spain? :Animation44:

Spanish women are gorgeous in the main.

For some reason they don't seem particularly impressed by drunken slaphead football fans though, so I think they might all be lesbians.

For some reason they don't seem particularly impressed by drunken slaphead football fans though, so I think they might all be lesbians.

LOL now that u mension it, wee actually walked into this pub just around the corner from the Hotel and it was full of dikes no shit, birds wif shaved heads and tatoo's. :D

But the fanny was amaisen just ashame they frowned upon the brits.

spanish tottie is unbelievable i must admit