James McArthur

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Kevin Thompson has left for Middlesborough does anyone think that James McArthur could fill his boots ? On the other side central midfield is a position were we have cover and could it be a case of Edu slipping into Thompsons position and us adding a player elsewhere in the team ? I think James McArthur would be a good addition to our team,and i know he is a rangers fan,but he also has interest from the premier league and the championship.so if so i think we would need to move fast as the lure of england might be to much

I think he's a great player & would love to see him playing alongside Davis at Ibrox, could be better than Thomson I think. Is he a Rangers fan & how do you know this?

He's the guy that runs my RSCs nephew. (tu)

The only question I'd ask is what if there was a player with the exact same ability of McAthur's playing for a mid-table Dutch or Portuguese side?

I have no doubt that people would think more highly of him.

The only question I'd ask is what if there was a player with the exact same ability of McAthur's playing for a mid-table Dutch or Portuguese side?

I have no doubt that people would think more highly of him.

That's all it is, just because he plays for Hamilton.

No doubt most would take the more expensive foreign player, over a young Scot with the same ability and would jump at the chance to play at the team he loves.

Hopefully he doesn't end up at Rangers. Not even Hamilton's best midfielder.

You have to be the most negative person on this forum!

McArthur is easily Hamiltons best player, and I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

I would say that Alex Neill performs far better,certainly in all the games I have seen, but would anyone want him at Ibrox?

Hopefully he doesn't end up at Rangers. Not even Hamilton's best midfielder.

With all due respect you're talking rubbish mate. doh

McArthur is the best midfield player alongside Gomis and Goodwillie in Scotland outside the OF.

I would have him at Ibrox in a heartbeat for the right price. If we can get him on board for less than a million as some other posters have suggested then we would be foolish not to offer him a deal. His value is bound to increase when he becomes a full international which I think is a certainty.

Could go on to become a huge star if given an opportunity to shine at Rangers. (tu)

Another one we have missed out on. At this rate mccoist will be putting his strip back on and playing with the team. Starting to get really pissed off with this fuckin shite. We'll be lucky to sign 2 or 3 average players this summer, certainly not good enough to replace who have left

£500,000 for McArthur is a fantastic piece of business.

If he does well (which I think he will) they will get at least six times that amount for him in a years time.

I think Wigan would be disappointed to only get six times the amount.

Imagine he does a Fletcher!

£500,000 for McArthur is a fantastic piece of business.

If he does well (which I think he will) they will get at least six times that amount for him in a years time.

I think Wigan would be disappointed to only get six times the amount.

Imagine he does a Fletcher!

I think that's the figure they would get if Wigan go down. If they stay up they will get double that amount for him again.

In the past three years people on here talked about Berra, Fletcher and McCarthy (not that we would ever have actually signed him) being "over rated" SPL dross and now you would pay between 15-18 million for the three of them.

I'm not glamorising the SPL, far from it infact. But there are between ten and twenty players who I think are very, very talented, but would get the :anguish: "GTF", "He's shite" treatment if they signed for us.

Sometimes you really can't see what is right in front of your eyes.