*** Official MMA Thread ***

Togs

Just noticed there wasn't an MMA thread apart from the prediction one.

I'll kick it off with the news that on Nov. 20 Lyoto Machida will be fighting Rampage Jackson.

Also the winner of UFC 117's fight between Roy Nelson and Junior Dos Santos will face the winner of Lesnar vs. Velasquez

3 bouts confirmed for UFC 121 are Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill, Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub, Todd Duffee vs. Jon Madsen.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jones bones is the future of lhw, but what about that sub from the new brazilian lightweight, triangle, armbar, controlling the loose leg too. Wish we saw more of this instead of lay and pray.

jones bones is the future of lhw, but what about that sub from the new brazilian lightweight, triangle, armbar, controlling the loose leg too. Wish we saw more of this instead of lay and pray.

shogun is one of my fav fighters, but johnnie bones jones is summit else-awesome & I cant see anyone stopping im.

Oliviera was absolutely fantastic & I cannot wait to see this super hyped kid again, awesome BJJ.

He needs to bide his time though if he comes up against a Machida or a Shogun, Rashad or the like he'd get smashed right now, imo. I'd give him a fight with little nog or Forrest Griffin someone like that outside the top 5.

Anyone see the Takanori Gomi / Tyson Griffin KO? Can't believe Griffin tried to even protest he could hardly stand.

Lads. What are the best UFC fight(s) that i should look at watching online or downloading ?

The last card(116) was pretty good overall, the Akiyama vs Leben was a cracker, as was Bonnar/Sozynski(sp). Main event was good too.

Look for Bonnar/Griffin at the Ultimate Fighter Finale, Couture/Nogueira, Liddel/Wanderlei, Sanchez/Guida.

Chris Leben is usually in good fights. Check out Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung, at the WEC's first PPV, that was unreal.

Lads. What are the best UFC fight(s) that i should look at watching online or downloading ?

The last card(116) was pretty good overall, the Akiyama vs Leben was a cracker, as was Bonnar/Sozynski(sp). Main event was good too.

Look for Bonnar/Griffin at the Ultimate Fighter Finale, Couture/Nogueira, Liddel/Wanderlei, Sanchez/Guida.

Chris Leben is usually in good fights. Check out Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung, at the WEC's first PPV, that was unreal.

Thanks a lot mate (tu)

My predictions for ufc 117

-Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva © vs. Chael Sonnen = Anderson Silva

-Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves = Jon Fitch

-Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos = Clay Guida

-Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida = Matt Hughes

-Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Junior dos Santos = Roy Nelson

kinda offtopic, but mma related.

Roger huerta, ex ufc lightweight laid out a big black dude, who punched a woman in the back of the head. Pictures and video(don't see any of the real action expect the guy punching the woman) and a response from huerta can be found at TMZ.

He needs to bide his time though if he comes up against a Machida or a Shogun, Rashad or the like he'd get smashed right now, imo. I'd give him a fight with little nog or Forrest Griffin someone like that outside the top 5.

Anyone see the Takanori Gomi / Tyson Griffin KO? Can't believe Griffin tried to even protest he could hardly stand.

That was out of order from Griffin. He wouldnt even shake the guys hand after the fight. Trying to argue with the ref when he had jelly legs. Unbelievable.

:crywank:

Any fight with Wanderlei Silva in it is usually a cracker. His knockouts of Rampage Jackson in PRIDE are awesome.