RST Announce Major Summer Conference

Frankie

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rs...92&Itemid=1

Tonight on Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme, Trust Media Spokesman, David Edgar revealed plans of a major summer conference for Rangers supporters.

The RST intend to organise an event attended by politicians; UEFA delegates; 'Show Racism the Red Card' reps; top Scottish businessmen; ex-players and other relevant bodies, where several important issues can be discussed and debated by every Rangers supporter.

This forum will also look to at last achieve much needed clarity with regard to the sectarianism debate. Although politicians, the authorities, footballing bodies and the media have all had their say, none have come up with genuine solutions to what is not just a football problem but a social one.

The Trust hope this conference will go some way to changing the status quo in a constructive and positive fashion whilst at the same time bringing Rangers fans together to discuss many other aspects of our great club.

More news on this exciting event will be made public at the RST Dinner this Saturday at the Holiday Inn, Glasgow.

Guest orangpendek

no-one can say they're not trying. possibly the only organisation looking for answers rather than scapegoats. B)

This is a good initiative, and maybe it will go a long way to helping both UEFA and politicians in this country to realise that we are not just a club full of bigots but a proud, passionate set of supporters who only want what is best for Rangers Football Club. Maybe it will also stop some of the minority from singing their sectarian songs but i doubt this kind of thing will help that. A more hard-line approach is needed for that i think, such as the club enforcing what fans are given away tickets and also putting club delegates in amongst the fans to report anyone who is signing the banned songs.

Well done the RST once again though for trying to address the issue and tackle it head-on instead of looking to blame other people for OUR club's problems.

It might not bring all the solutions but it it's certainly a step in the right direction. Getting all the relevent parties together in the one place and ensuring these bodies set the guidelines that we have all asked for is most positive IMO.

Bigotry won't be the only issue. This is also an opportunity for fellow bears to get together and share their ideas for improving other areas of the club.

I believe that this will be a defining moment for the RST and will allow them to 'come of age'.

The importance of this step should not be underestimated and they are to be commended for this. I have been asking for this kind of thing for a long time and now is perhaps the time to add my name to the RST membership.

I believe that this will be a defining moment for the RST and will allow them to 'come of age'.

The importance of this step should not be underestimated and they are to be commended for this. I have been asking for this kind of thing for a long time and now is perhaps the time to add my name to the RST membership.

Joined yesterday - lifetime membership. Now is the time for all us Bears to stand together as one.

I will be looking to attend the conference, hopefully

Me, too. If the voice of an overseas bear is needed, I'm there. If not, I'm there anyway, I haven't had a decent pint and curry for ages!

Excellent, pre-emptive strike Frankie.

I will be in touch re - possible input from my organization - largest global human rights entity.

Superb. That exactly the kind of positive and practical support we'll need.

:)

Every Rangers fan will be welcome to attend depending on logistics obviously. :)

Be careful how you administer that, mate. The tims will stoop to new lows to make us look bad (remember the eejit who chained himself to the goalpost with a Palestinian flag whilst wearing a t-shirt with a picture of the pope!).

Well done the RST, especially involving the likes of Show Racism the Red Card. I work with them in England and they have done magnificient work around clubs, in Scchools and the wider community.

Every Rangers fan will be welcome to attend depending on logistics obviously. :)

Be careful how you administer that, mate. The tims will stoop to new lows to make us look bad (remember the eejit who chained himself to the goalpost with a Palestinian flag whilst wearing a t-shirt with a picture of the pope!).

VERY good point. I think they feel they have reached a tipping point in our fortunes now and they will stop at nothing to finally push us over the edge.

Slightly off topic Frankie but are the RST planing to have anyone at the NARSA convention this year? I know a few of our RSC members are thinking of joining but would like to speak to someone from the RST first.

Slightly off topic Frankie but are the RST planing to have anyone at the NARSA convention this year? I know a few of our RSC members are thinking of joining but would like to speak to someone from the RST first.

Yes, we will be giving a presentation at the event and will have a fe board members present for private discussion as well.

:)