Bookies

I've noticed a few Bookies putting Celtic 'odds on' to win the SPL this season but why???

-Celtic haven't kept a clean sheet all pre-season

-There's already criticism (Walker) directed towards the manager

-Their Defence is a joke, as is their midfield, their best striker is Fortune!!!

-Scott Brown <cr> (nuff said)

-Celtic have replaced some of their more experienced Coaches with Rookies and Lennon's old Mates doh

-Rangers have more than 90% of a title winning side intact

-The Rangers defence is the best in the SPL by a mile!

-Kenny Miller has a habbit of ripping Celtic apart in Old Firm Games.

-Rangers have the best Manager in the SPL by a mile!

-Rangers have had a great pre-season and are almost sure to 'hit the ground running'

If Celtic even Draw a couple of games early, which I think they will, they'll be going in to an Old Firm game looking at a 7 point gap if they lose. How will the fans treat Lennon 7pts behind in the SPL, out of the CL (Possibly out of the Europa) after 10 SPL games.

Celtic can sign 10 average journeyman if they want, and put a rookie Celtic Fan in charge, but they're not going to win anything!

They're favourites purely because they had a good end to the season with their new 'manager' and signed quite a few players.

We lost a couple of our best players and so they are favourites.

Don't moan about it, get your money on The Rangers and rip them for every penny they have! :uk:

we were actually favourites just after the end of last season - thats changed due to either the bookies think their signings or the lack of ours has altered their opinion or more money has been bet on them forcing their odds to shorten. right now we are 11/8 which i think is a big price but i wont be putting any money on it for 2 reasons - 1 im a jinx and 2 we wont get paid out till around easter and ive got better things to do with my cash than give it to a bookie for 6 months. but if youve got some spare cash go for it!

Everyone I know, who's neutral towards Rangers and Celtic, has them down as favourites.

Mainly because we have lost our topscorer and Thomson, while Celtic have brung in a few well-known names. Makes me laugh, but I've said all along, two or three signings for us and we'll be Champions again. However one signing may be enough.

most bookies are tims?

they have a bigger budget? maybe more chance of success given that they have and can spend money

every man and there dog said we dont and cant, even though we obv can sign players and we do have money! :wink:

im happy being underdogs, thats when we are at our best, we do not carry the favourites tag very well as a club

let the crooked bookies do what they want, its a mugs game anyway, gambling

:)

I take it as a positive - with our longer odds, I make more when we win the league.

If Rangers sign Jelavic, and the draw is kind, I'll put a bet on Rangers making the last 16 of the CL. That's a much better bet than putting money on either side of the Old Firm to win the title as you'd get a small return on even a large bet - not worth it. But the betting aside:

I just cannot see why Rangers are the 'under Dogs'. Someone said we lost some of our more important Players. Celtic have dismantled their 3IAR side and sold their best players in Boruc, McGeady, McDonald. I don't rate Scott Brown at all (nor do many Celtic fans) and I hope He stays there collecting 40k a week for life.

I've noticed a few Bookies putting Celtic 'odds on' to win the SPL this season but why???

Bookies adjust their odds to reflect the weight of money being placed on any given bet. More money = shorter odds. Maybe the dirty unwashed have been spunking their giro's down at paddy poor en mass instead of feeding their bairns or keeping declanette in smack.

On a more personal note - that's a shocker of screen name you chose for a Rangers forum <cr>

Bookies adjust their odds to reflect the weight of money being placed on any given bet. More money = shorter odds. Maybe the dirty unwashed have been spunking their giro's down at paddy poor en mass instead of feeding their bairns or keeping declanette in smack.

On a more personal note - that's a shocker of screen name you chose for a Rangers forum <cr>

I couldn't think of a screen name and I asked My Sister who suggested "the fruity Hoops" as I couldn't come up with anything better I just went with it, lol.

I agree entirely.... with both points

:shifty:

I couldn't think of a screen name and I asked My Sister who suggested "the fruity Hoops" as I couldn't come up with anything better I just went with it, lol.

:pics:

"On a more personal note - that's a shocker of screen name you chose for a Rangers forum"

I agree but I just can't think of a good one. If anyone can come up with a better one please send Me suggestions and maybe a MOD can change it??? Also, if a MODdoes change it please let me know or I can't sign in, lol.