Tommy Smith on his way

Ibroxblue

I wasn't that against the idea of signing Smith, however with Beattie looking likely to come in, I'd rather see the money invested on a younger player.

How would Peterborough react if we waved a cheque for a about 1.3 million in their face for George Boyd for example?

Not a big George Boyd fan but that makes much more sense than Smith. But apparently we are still in talks with Jelavic, Welcome is playing a friendly and we're bidding on Beattie and Smith :S we should really be looking for wingers and a left back

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't that against the idea of signing Smith, however with Beattie looking likely to come in, I'd rather see the money invested on a younger player.How would Peterborough react if we waved a cheque for a about 1.3 million in their face for George Boyd for example?

I have been saying that also

I wasn't that against the idea of signing Smith, however with Beattie looking likely to come in, I'd rather see the money invested on a younger player.

How would Peterborough react if we waved a cheque for a about 1.3 million in their face for George Boyd for example?

George Boyd is a fantastic player, IMO ;)

Portsmouth manager Steve Cotterill has warned Rangers they will not land striker Tommy Smith at a bargain price.

Pompey need to offload players to fund their way out of administration, but Cotterillspacer.gif is adamant he wants to keep Smithspacer.gif at Fratton Park.spacer.gif

Rangersspacer.gif have tabled an offer for the 30-year-old, who joined Pompey from Watfordspacer.gif for £1.5million last season, but Cotterill says their bid is some way off Smith's price tag.

"He isn't for sale, he isn't one of the players we'd be looking to lose," Cotterill told the Portsmouthspacer.gif News.

"He's a good player and what has been offered wouldn't be the figure we would put on him if we did want to sell.

"We're trying to get ourselves straight at this club and we don't want to lose one of our better players.

"If someone does go, it won't be at the valuations people are putting on them at the moment."

they wanted 5m for g boyd last season

After a good performance against Blackburn in the Crling Cup they were rumoured to want that for him.

Since then Peterborough have been relegated and he was packed out to Nottingham Forrest on loan they were also rumoured to have had a 2 million pound option to buy in place and they didn't take it up.

Anyway it looks like he's staying where he is because he signed a new deal about a month ago.

After a good performance against Blackburn in the Crling Cup they were rumoured to want that for him.

Since then Peterborough have been relegated and he was packed out to Nottingham Forrest on loan they were also rumoured to have had a 2 million pound option to buy in place and they didn't take it up.

Anyway it looks like he's staying where he is because he signed a new deal about a month ago.

(tu)

we have done well without "proper" wingers the last two seasons, we havent had a decent winger since McCann.

i disagree, weve struggled, just look at Europe, weve been pretty lucky raselik have been so fuckin poor :)

(tu)

so do Chelsea, Barca etc, Wingers are hard to come buy and if teams with the money they 2 have can't even get a winger in, what chance do we have ?

Barca don't need a winger.

Messi, Pedro, Iniesta, Villa, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Abidal, Adriano and Jeffren can all play on the wings.

i disagree, weve struggled, just look at Europe, weve been pretty lucky raselik have been so fuckin poor :)

(tu)

IMO The league is the most important right now untill we break even. CL Is a big bonus for us right now.