JJB deal

Gillete

have a wee read at this flecky

http://www.followfollow.com/news/tmnw/the_jjb_deal_dissected_from_necessity_to_calamity_458723/index.shtml

author posts both negative and positives from the deal

and to me it depends on what you prefer the club to see

personally (as you could tell), im much more glad of the guaranteed 3mill a year on top of the initial 18mill they paid us

nope, would rather our own shops every deay of the week thanks

the kudos and marketing that comes with jjb is embarrassing and heavily restrictive

ive said i cant be bothered going over it again so this is all im going to say

i have never bought anything from jjb

you cant beat being able to go into your own clubs shop and buying anything Rangers

i have seen the jjb shops, clad in septic gear from top to bottom

i couldnt buy rangers gear when i lived in spain, our merchandise is extremely hard to get ahold of

i think its a tramps shop

i loved going into the Rangers shops for anything from a keyring to a mouse mat to a tracksuit and strip, i used to buy everything i could afford, now i dont buy anything

the clubs megastore website is embarrassing and pure shite and doesnt have much on it

i could go on all night but i cant be bothered tbh

3m per year, so what? it gets lost in murrays blackhole, more likely on interest, or paying for players we signed 3 years ago!

i refer you back to murrays quote from when we had our own shops, more shops than any club in Britain in fact, probably the world, "we make more money from our clubs merchandise than every other club in scotland including celtic" im sure if he was telling lies septic would have came out and countered that statement

the main reason we took the jjb deal was to get 18m lump sum to get bank off murrays back, that was it, murrays friend, the owner of jjb made sure he got us held down to a 10 year deal, sickening from the club and brands progression point of view

the clubs a shambles off the park no one can deny that, jjb is a huge part of our clubs off-field problems, 3m per year or not, its a shite deal and holds us back from going forward

i refer you back to murrays quote from when we had our own shops, more shops than any club in Britain in fact, probably the world, "we make more money from our clubs merchandise than every other club in scotland including celtic" im sure if he was telling lies septic would have came out and countered that statement

did we earn more than 3 million pounds CLEAR PROFIT every year from they shops though flecky

wether you like the shops or not, wether we ALL like the shops or not, the fact is no one has proved that running our own shops would bring in more than 3 million a year clear profit

right now every penny is a prisoner to rangers, and yes the 3million may be lost in murrays black hole as you say, or paying off past transfers, but at least we have the 3million there to use it that way

running our own shops we may not, and be further fucked money wise

yeah i think we did, but i cant be bothered checking it out

3m is not much, im pretty positive we did make more than that, im sure one year it was 15m from merchandising alone, and im pretty sure our overheads would not have been more than 10m!, be lucky if it was a couple of million at most

im still sure we made more from our shops, you can research our accounts all ye want, i doubt the overheads of our shops would have been broken down to see what they cost anyway so no one will know for sure what exactly the costs were

Rangers Shops all the way

3m is not much, im pretty positive we did make more than that, im sure one year it was 15m from merchandising alone, and im pretty sure our overheads would not have been more than 10m!, be lucky if it was a couple of million at most

im still sure we made more from our shops, you can research our accounts all ye want, i doubt the overheads of our shops would have been broken down to see what they cost anyway so no one will know for sure what exactly the costs were

according to the guy who wrote the piece on FF (link a few posts above) we didnt and with the market the way it is the now, probably would never have

guaranteed 3mill a year for doing nothing, ffs thats more than all our bonuses from the SPL, plus the TV share

according to the guy who wrote the piece on FF (link a few posts above) we didnt and with the market the way it is the now, probably would never have

guaranteed 3mill a year for doing nothing, ffs thats more than all our bonuses from the SPL, plus the TV share

Nick Peel had exciting plans to restructure the Rangers retail division.

Martin Bain on the instructions of his master over-ruled Nick and took the jjb deal.

Nick Peel left the club soon after.

Surprisingly jjb choose not to favour our merchandise in terms of quantity - availability - shop floor placement which could lead to increased payments - we warn them over their performance - nothing changes.

Nothing ever changes.

Martin Bain on the instructions of his master over-ruled Nick and took the jjb deal.

Surprisingly jjb choose not to favour our merchandise in terms of quantity - availability - shop floor placement which could lead to increased payments - we warn them over their performance - nothing changes.

Nothing ever changes.

yeah id heard that and seen that as well mate

but would peel's ideas have avoided the general collapse of the economy that has affected nearly every business

hindsight is a wonderful thing in business, and as ive said the guaranteed 3mill every year the now for the club is at least beneficial

with lloyds scrutinising every penny, its maybe better for our team budget etc that the 3mill is guaranteed, if we owned our own shops again and told lloyds that we PREDICT 3mill a year profit, they would probably make that 2 million just to be sure, and change our budget accordingly

a lot of what you say is true jim beam, would we have earned more keeping the stores than the £4.5 Million a year that the JJB deal gets us? I doubt it but who knows, all highs street stores are struggling and if we never made this in the past why would we make it now during a recession? Lets also not forget the £18 million up front has also been saving us a cool million a year on interest if that £18 Million hadnt been injected.

In my opinion the deal was good but only because Murray fcuked the club up so much that money was king and the £18 Million up front was crucial. Fleckys point is also valid that the merchandise isnt what it was but due to the state of the club the money paid up front was very important and financially it was required. Cash flow was king.

Nothing ever changes.

but would peel's ideas have avoided the general collapse of the economy that has affected nearly every business

hindsight is a wonderful thing in business, and as ive said the guaranteed 3mill every year the now for the club is at least beneficial

with lloyds scrutinising every penny, its maybe better for our team budget etc that the 3mill is guaranteed, if we owned our own shops again and told lloyds that we PREDICT 3mill a year profit, they would probably make that 2 million just to be sure, and change our budget accordingly

Sorry mate but try explaining to friends/family/ tourists why there are no longer shops in the city centre and why they lay empty with the original signs still over them for a lengthy period.

Not good enough.

Re Nick Peels ideas i have every confidence we were going to move to a different level and while nothing is 100% guaranteed i had faith in the direction he was taking us.

(tu)

:lol:

ffs you'd think the tims shop at the airport takes in fucking multi-millions a year the way people on here are rabbling on

unless the traveller is a tim themselves, i highly doubt that ANY tourist that doesnt support either of the old firm will see the tims stuff and immediately buy it and support them

especially when the airport has other sports shops that sell the likes of man united, liverpool, madrid stuff etc

oh and another wee thing, everyone on here saying they'd rather have their own shops back etc etc, has anyone actually proved that having our own shops back would make us more than 3 million CLEAR PROFIT a year (remember thats not sales, that would be sales-expenses)

knew it wouldnt be long before you were in

jjb scotlands head salesman

defending the indefencible

not defending it, im sitting on the fence

not one poster has actually offered proof that rangers would be better off owning their own shops

its fucking simple,

You are right Jim Beam. We don' know if they were profitable in the first place. I'm more interested in the fact that our quality of merch has gone to shit since JJB took over.

is that down to JJB or the actual manufacturers though mate

look at the beggars, they have their own shops and this years top is being slated for poor quality

Nothing ever changes.

Sorry mate but try explaining to friends/family/ tourists why there are no longer shops in the city centre and why they lay empty with the original signs still over them for a lengthy period.

Not good enough.

Re Nick Peels ideas i have every confidence we were going to move to a different level and while nothing is 100% guaranteed i had faith in the direction he was taking us.

(tu)

All very well but if friends/family and tourists were earning us less than the JJB deal then who's right? My guess is that we earned more with the JJB deal but as everyone knows the service went down. I guess we all have our opinions on whether profit or service is the most important factor in the deal.

Not good enough.

(tu)

surely in this precarious financial time though that money is everything, and so far not one person that has slated the deal has came out with proof that owning our own shops would make us more than 3million pounds a year clear profit

yes the stuff isnt as good now

yes the availability is even worse

and if the availability was good and the range was better quality, would we suddenyl find another 10 quid a month to spend on rangers stuff

thats the real questions, and unfortunately in this day and age, 3mill clear profit every year from JJB wins everytime

Nothing ever changes.

Not good enough.

(tu)

All very well but if friends/family and tourists were earning us less than the JJB deal then who's right? My guess is that we earned more with the JJB deal but as everyone knows the service went down. I guess we all have our opinions on whether profit or service is the most important factor in the deal.

Had Nick Peel stayed at the club i believe we could have had both profit and quality service.

Not good enough.

(tu)

Had Nick Peel stayed at the club i believe we could have had both profit and quality service.

Perhaps mate, but if you go to your bank and say 'believe' as against a guranteed £18 Million up front and £3 million a year theres only one winner.

thats the point mate, the banks dont want us speculating anymore, like i said the fact that the 3mill is guaranteed is a lot better than it being predicted

Had SDM & MB ran the club in a responsible and professional manner then the bank would have had no reasons to become involved to the extent they have done

SDM gambled on more than one occasion with the very future of the club and this is unforgivable.

I for one have more confidence in AJ,DM & LBG calling the shots than SDM .

Slightly off topic i know.

thats the point mate, the banks dont want us speculating anymore, like i said the fact that the 3mill is guaranteed is a lot better than it being predicted

Had SDM & MB ran the club in a responsible and professional manner then the bank would have had no reasons to become involved to the extent they have done

SDM gambled on more than one occasion with the very future of the club and this is unforgivable.

totally agree

but by keeping the shops if they werent going to bring in more than what the JJB deal is, then that could be construed as not running the club in a professional and responsible manner

rangers are a business, until anyone can prove otherwise the JJB deal WAS good for the club FINANCIALLY

just had a wee look on that timmy site, they're totally ripping this thread and implicating flecky1 as a timmy poster.

To all u timmies, charlie mulgrew, you having a laugh.

i smell shite broxi

they have nothing to brag about, their nike shite is also fucking horrific, they may have their own shops but they have nothing decent to sell to joe public

GIRFUYYFB

:)

but by keeping the shops if they werent going to bring in more than what the JJB deal is, then that could be construed as not running the club in a professional and responsible manner

rangers are a business, until anyone can prove otherwise the JJB deal WAS good for the club FINANCIALLY

Think it was more a case of getting their hands on a lump sum upfront rather than any great long term strategy by DM & MB.

Impossible to prove if the jjb deal was the correct one from a financial viewpoint as NP's vision for the future never came to fruition.

Sorry mate but that is my take on the subject.

Think it was more a case of getting their hands on a lump sum upfront rather than any great long term strategy by DM & MB.

Impossible to prove if the jjb deal was the correct one from a financial viewpoint as NP's vision for the future never came to fruition.

Sorry mate but that is my take on the subject.

fair nuff mate (tu)

im just glad right now that the club has a guaranteed 3mill a year coming in from them

our TV and SPL bonus money isnt even worth that im sure :anguish: