Rangers Traditions

minstral

Does it make it right? No, esecially when its used against one of our players, someone who has done a good job for us and enjoys playing for the Rangers.

It does make it OK

And anyway you've lost me now with all that part :rolleyes:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why shouldn't you....and why twist it away from the word F*nian?

If a black person calls themself a n***er then he or she cannot complain if others call them by that term?

Same as a handwringer....

I too am not going to remain in this thread but I would like to ask. Adoniram you list dignity first in your list, where is the dignity in lowering your self to their level and name calling? Dignity in my book is rising above that and making your point in a respectful manner whither you agree with the person you are debating with.

I too am not going to remain in this thread but I would like to ask. Adoniram you list dignity first in your list, where is the dignity in lowering your self to their level and name calling? Dignity in my book is rising above that and making your point in a respectful manner whither you agree with the person you are debating with.

This is a football ground we are talking about and not the Oxford Debating Chamber.

In case it's escaped anyone's attention people go to football grounds to watch their team,sing songs and hurl abuse at the opposition support.It's what has been happening since football was formed.

And my analogy was a simple one to show the double standards in our society.

If a person calls themself by a colloquial term how can they possibly take offence at being called the same thing back by someone else.

Oh and let's not kid ourselves here....the person who hasn't insulted the Celtic fans at an Old Firm Game or in a pub or in the house is a downright liar.

And anyway back to the subject of the thread whats your tradition then as you're so keen to have ago at mine?

Only 'tradition' of yours I am having a go at is referring to one of our players in a racially derogatory manner. You really are quite easily offended which does make me think......

I've always felt we draw our traditions from Struth:

I have been lucky — lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country. To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

As long as the club's name isn't brought into disrepute, our fans are entitled to support our club as they see fit.

(tu)

Some talk of dignity yet will never possess it. ;)

I've always felt we draw our traditions from Struth:

I have been lucky — lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country. To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

As long as the club's name isn't brought into disrepute, our fans are entitled to support our club as they see fit.

Exactly. This my 'tradition' when it comes to supporting Rangers.

Only 'tradition' of yours I am having a go at is referring to one of our players in a racially derogatory manner. You really are quite easily offended which does make me think......

(tu)

So what i already explained to you about that :rolleyes:

As i have said before what is your story?

answer the question or do you not have an answer?

Or are you part of the PC brigade that the Labour government have created to take away the fact that they have eradicated the British indigenous people

I'm not a BNP lover by the way just pointing out FACTS.

So what i already explained to you about that :rolleyes:

As i have said before what is your story?

answer the question or do you not have an answer?

Or are you part of the PC brigade that the Labour government have created to take away the fact that they have eradicated the British indigenous people

I'm not a BNP lover by the way just pointing out FACTS.

The 'PC brigade' is nothing new, indeed you can go back to the 1970s to see where PC culture has really taken off. And what do you mean by 'my story', my life story or just my background and protestant credentials? And finally why should I tell you any of it? I'm not accountable to you am I?

this thread is bollocks, and if you dont read it when entering it seems easy to come to a conclusion that a rangers player is being called summit racially, this place is more about personnal differences really, get a room