Rangers Traditions

minstral

never mantioned luck at all, i know having a massive fan base and all conributes and going by that notion we should embrace all kinds in our ranks to be greater? we are a great club due to the success this club has had and will continue in that vain

I'd rather not embrace those who attempt to play down our characteristics whenever they can.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And another point if nationalities are not races then why is F*nian considered to be just that?

PC again you see it makes no sense.

This is a Rangers section on a Rangers forum, your point is for the debating chamber and nothing to do with this thread (tu) .

I'd rather not embrace those who attempt to play down our characteristics whenever they can.

will that include ordinary scots who have no time for religion or anything that to them is not regarded as footballing matters, who follow rangers for footballing reasons and nothing else?

Welcome to real world.

They are when its on a piece of government paper saying tick what race you are...

Theres about a whole list of different Races most of them i agree with you are nationalities but to them in Britain they're races

PC you see.

I remember this vaguely, but the options don't offer Irish or Polish or what have you as a race, surely?

This is a Rangers section on a Rangers forum, your point is for the debating chamber and nothing to do with this thread (tu) .

How is that not got to do with Rangers when Rangers fans get allot of stick from the PC brigade for saying F*nian?

The unionist traditions of the club are only part of the fabric that makes Rangers Football Club what it is.

The Gallant Pioneers founded the club because they loved the sport. The club's winning mentality, dignity and taking pride in being the best over-rides everything else

The Unionist and Protestant part as you call it

is Rangers.

Rangers would not be as big as they are without it.

Some have a backbone and balls and some will never possess them rolleyes.gif

I have plenty of backbone as did my mother and the many generations of women in my family. Balls, however, are a different matter since my anatomy would find them to be unusual, unnecessary and frankly in the way. biggrin.gif

I have been lucky — lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country. To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

I see it as Mr Struth saw it.

Like Kenny Miller - good protestant upbringing and a great goal scorer for us! A team of 11 Kenny Millers!!

So what is your view on the Protestant Tradition of Rangers Football Club?

will that include ordinary scots who have no time for religion or anything that to them is not regarded as footballing matters, who follow rangers for footballing reasons and nothing else?

"quote"

I'd rather not embrace those who attempt to play down our characteristics whenever they can."quote"

who or what elements play down our characteristics?

wish i knew how to multi quote

Yes. We can't, nor should we, allow anybody to erase areas of our past which makes them uncomfortable. If they can't accept the 'baggage', there's always Dundee, Everton or Chelsea.

Yes. We can't, nor should we, allow anybody to erase areas of our past which makes them uncomfortable. If they can't accept the 'baggage', there's always Dundee, Everton or Chelsea.

what?ordinary scots with no affiliation to any religious feelings, i never said scots that feel uneasy with the protestant elements, just ordinary scots and where are you from may i ask? trying to get my head around this, im athiest so does that mean i aint a welcome fan at rangers due to my non protestant heritage, i aint bringing the club down, am i?

They have had their day. Move on.

How can you say move on?

Can i tell you Rangers wouldn't be Rangers without our Protestant and Unionist Traditions a real Rangers fan would know that.

If you took the Union Flag away from Ibrox you would be lucky to have 10000 people in it on a match day.

Infact Rangers wouldn't even be as big without our Traditions around the world.

Move on to what, a team and fans full of handwringers, would that suit you.

In my mind if it bothers him so much any team like Aberdeen or Lentic would take him with open arms.

So i think its time he and his bum chums should MOVE ON.