Davie Weir

martyboy2009

I know big Davie has been a great servant for us but I really think he's becoming a liability and I fear for us in the champions league with him.

Last year we invited teams onto us by sitting so deep to accomodate weirs lack of pace and we got severely punished. I know we signed 3 good players up front but I still think we will struggle in the CL as our defence needs strengthened.

I'd like to see us buy benalouane but even if we did buy him do you think walter would rest weir for the CL games?

Tbh i think weir should of hung up

his boots in may.

Our entire back 4 is of a concern for me -- even in the SPL. CL? We'll get murdered.

Killie should have scored at least 2.. and once again we switched off too many times vs Hibs. Good teams will slaughter us. Shagger saved us in the 1st half... Boogy in the second.

Our entire back 4 is of a concern for me -- even in the SPL. CL? We'll get murdered.

Killie should have scored at least 2.. and once again we switched off too many times vs Hibs. Good teams will slaughter us. Shagger saved us in the 1st half... Boogy in the second.

Good enough for the SPL but nowhere near good enough or fast enoughtto cope with the CL.

Weir is not gonna get better and thats a problem.

Papac and Whittaker were awful in the first half against Hibs, but so was the rest of the team. Im not that worried about Whittaker, he will come good soon, i hope. But Papac really needs a good replacement, or at least good cover, can Wylde be the answer? As for Weir, lets hope Webster has what it takes to replace him, otherwise we will have problems, both SPL and CL.

I know big Davie has been a great servant for us but I really think he's becoming a liability and I fear for us in the champions league with him.

Last year we invited teams onto us by sitting so deep to accomodate weirs lack of pace and we got severely punished. I know we signed 3 good players up front but I still think we will struggle in the CL as our defence needs strengthened.

I'd like to see us buy benalouane but even if we did buy him do you think walter would rest weir for the CL games?

Tbh i think weir should of hung up

his boots in may.

I said this at the start of the year and I sincerely hope the big man proves me wrong. However, I feel this is a season too far for Davie, and I fear he will be caught out more this season due to lack of pace.

Totally agree about sitting too deep to accommodate him - not something a team of our standing should really be doing.

Whittaker is pacey and usually tries is all, however, he can be caught out defensively at times.

Bougherra is an absolute machine, he has pace, he tries his best, he's skilful as well.

Weir... The guy tries, he's a great professional however, in Europe his lack of pace against the "bigger teams" may cost us.

Papac, the guy has really started to annoy me recently, his form has dropped, and when a winger is running full pace, he just jogs and doesn't attempt to tackle the attacker or block the cross.

Even with Lee McCulloch sitting in front of the defence, we can't expect him to do his job, and Weirs on top of that!

So... do we buy another defender, or, do we throw McMillian or Webster in at the deep end and hope that they can swim?