How do you save for your ST?

bluenose4life

Ive read posts on here, "I cant afford a season ticket" etc... and yeah, while i know the ecconmy is poor, but is it because you cant find the money?

Personally, i have a jar, i put £10 each monday. So by the end of the year, i have the £520 i need. Now granted, some people cant afford £10 per week but most can, i just wonder if its becasue they cant find the whole £500 at the start of the season, without saving up over the year.

EDIT: yeah, £1 haha, my brain tonight is mush haha. meant £10

Ive read posts on here, "I cant afford a season ticket" etc... and yeah, while i know the ecconmy is poor, but is it because you cant find the money?

Personally, i have a jar, i put £1 each monday. So by the end of the year, i have the £520 i need. Now granted, some people cant afford £1 per week but most can, i just wonder if its becasue they cant find the whole £500 at the start of the season, without saving up over the year.

£1 in a jar each monday (only 52 weeks in a year = £52), that not £10 per week.

Personally, I just pay mine by DD so the money just gets taken off my wages (albeit it does leave me struggling for a week after the payments and twice as bad the following like this year as the CL payment was taken)

Personally, i have a jar, i put £10 each monday. So by the end of the year, i have the £520 i need. Now granted, some people cant afford £10 per week but most can, i just wonder if its becasue they cant find the whole £500 at the start of the season, without saving up over the year.

EDIT: yeah, £1 haha, my brain tonight is mush haha. meant £10

Seriously if I give you £1 a week can you give me £520 this time next year cause you sound like an excellent saver?

:craphead:

It's ok we won't tell the Taxman...by the way, Mr Murray may be interested in your 'creative accounting', drop him a line!

HAHAHA i probably will! im too busy with another muppet in another thread that my brain isnt working properly haha

All jokes aside, our work give us a bonus payment card. If we meet set personal targets and team targets (fix the majority of faults on our 1st call out) over a quarter and the yr then we get cash into these bonus accounts. We can't withdraw it as cash as it would mean more NI and tax to pay so it's perfect for paying like a switch card for my ticket. It has also Payed for my Valencia trip (flights/hotels etc) in November and most of my away tickets.

It's ideal as it's not part of my wages and more importantly the mrs can't moan for overspending on the gers because it's literally cash that I don't have in my hand, it only exists in an account. Win win (tu)

All jokes aside, our work give us a bonus payment card. If we meet set personal targets and team targets (fix the majority of faults on our 1st call out) over a quarter and the yr then we get cash into these bonus accounts. We can't withdraw it as cash as it would mean more NI and tax to pay so it's perfect for paying like a switch card for my ticket. It has also Payed for my Valencia trip (flights/hotels etc) in November and most of my away tickets.

It's ideal as it's not part of my wages and more importantly the mrs can't moan for overspending on the gers because it's literally cash that I don't have in my hand, it only exists in an account. Win win (tu)

Thats sounds brilliant. are you an engineer.?

and that also means your not skint going to the games etc. :beer1:(tu)

All jokes aside, our work give us a bonus payment card. If we meet set personal targets and team targets (fix the majority of faults on our 1st callout) over a quarter and the yr then we get cash into these bonus accounts. We can't withdraw it as cash as it would mean more NI and tax to pay so it's perfect for paying like a switch card for my ticket. It has also Payed for my Valencia trip (flights/hotels etc) in November and most of my away tickets.

It's ideal as it's not part of my wages and more importantly the mrs can't moan for overspending on the gers because it's literally cash that I don't

have in my hand, it only exists in an account. Win win (tu)

That's a really good idea. I'm a travel agent so commission I make helps so I sell like feck to try and pay for it lol

I always say I'm gonna save up and never do and be really skint about now with the final payment of the ST and CL tickets

Thats sounds brilliant. are you an engineer.?

and that also means your not skint going to the games etc. :beer1:(tu)

Aye mate, I service&repair central heating.

It's defo a great idea, it pays for all my rangers tiks etc with a bit left over for Xmas pressies for the family.

Money would be alot tighter without it or EVEN worse I wouldn't be able to go to as many games.

Crackin idea if ur employer uses it for bonuses, and as I've said the NI and tax deductions are less bcos u can't get cash in ur hand (tu)

That's a really good idea. I'm a travel agent so commission I make helps so I sell like feck to try and pay for it lol

I always say I'm gonna save up and never do and be really skint about now with the final payment of the ST and CL tickets

I discipline my self not to use this card unless it for the gers although I've got a feeling this may change with our 1st baby due in February. I hear they cost shitloads !! Lol