Come on Scotland - do us proud !

Wienblue

Let's hope for a good win against Georgia today, however, the spectre of Scotland's "real shame" - the deep hatred and racism towards our cousins south of the border will hopefully be negated, if not minimised.

When the focus of UEFA has been on the Gers (despite the level of police oppressions and brutality in Spain) and to a lesser extent the Celts, Scotland is once again on trial today and those amongst us, who abhore racism, bigotry and inconsistent and imbalanced reporting - will be watching with interest to see if the anti English bile (even though we ain't playing our fellow citizens) rears its ugly head.

It's a shame we just cannot concentrate on the football, but sadly football and politics and racism are unfortunately sometimes intertwined. Just ask the current First Minister and his rant against our countrymen south of the border, during the last world cup in Germany and the sporadic violent incidents which followed.

No doubt UEFA will be further dismayed if (and let's hope not for the sake of our country !) the anti English hatred rises to the fore again, moreso, when the UEFA cup is only months away in our fair city, and if needs be, this institutionalised racism is rightly brought to their attention for the good of all. Let's hope we can all move forward togther and the racists stay away. Any Gers fans in the crowd, I'm sure you'll do your country proud and marginalise the racists.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is so important Wein, as a country we can either be loved or despised by others. The ball is in our court.

I happen to live in England, I have many good friends here and they are respectful toward Scotland, a bit of banter is as far as it goes.

But spouting hatred towards England does Scotland no favours. It makes us look cheap and biggoted.

So lets hope today goes well, both the game and in the stands.

this is so important Wein, as a country we can either be loved or despised by others. The ball is in our court.

I happen to live in England, I have many good friends here and they are respectful toward Scotland, a bit of banter is as far as it goes.

But spouting hatred towards England does Scotland no favours. It makes us look cheap and biggoted.

Coop : Full concurrence, and we share the same values in may ways. Let's hope we do the biz (and against Itay) - and the "not in my / our name mob" stay away !!!

Coop : Full concurrence, and we share the same values in may ways. Let's hope we do the biz (and against Itay) - and the "not in my / our name mob" stay away !!!

I have always been treated well by the people here. If anything, they go out of their way to be helpful. Being in the NE of England, most folk here have been to Scotland on holiday and speak well of us. But not all have had that experience unfortunately.

Our reputation as a people is important to me, I want us to be respected and liked. That can only happen if we are seen to be decent and respectful towards others. Mindless chanting and spouting hatred only alienates us.

Lets hope all the fans understand that.

Any anti-English or anti-Georgia racist chants must be reported to UEFA.

We have to start pointing the finger at the rest of them and that includes Scotland fans if we are all going to follow the same rules...no double standards.

Personally I will be listening very closely to the Scotland fans to hear what all the hypocrites and spineless barstewards have to say for themselves during the match and I will not hesitate to stick them in it

If RFC are being hounded for petty chants then the same applies to everybody else

Anyway Scotland are way down my list of priorities......RFC come first and foremost, I couldnt give a flyin feck about other clubs and national teams (beer) <_<

flower of scotland for starters racist and if you hate the english clap your hands,then we hate jimmy hill he is a poof.if sung sfa should be fined or future game behind closed doors if rules apply to rangers then they should be applied all over.

How is Flower of Scotland racist?

Unbeleivable !

He questions Scotland things when someone objects to a song but when it comes to RFC he takes it lying down :Animation44:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Less than four hours away from kick off, and yet this minority of fans still have a go at Scotland/The team.

Two tinnies down, and afternoon at Hampden awaits, dont have time for fools like these :) (beer) (tu)

:lol::lol::lol:

Less than four hours away from kick off, and yet this minority of fans still have a go at Scotland/The team.

Two tinnies down, and afternoon at Hampden awaits, dont have time for fools like these :) (beer) (tu)

you wont fight for rangers fans but defend fans who will sing racist songs i just shake my head.

How is Flower of Scotland racist?

Unbeleivable !

He questions Scotland things when someone objects to a song but when it comes to RFC he takes it lying down :Animation44:

Yes it is unbelievable. That's because it's not true. :D

In your eyes, I will be proudly singing a "racist song" come 3pm today, with a lump in my throat and the hairs standing on my neck.

And its off the Hampden I go

All the best (tu)

you have more faces than a flock of sheep.

Minstral I normally agree with you on most points but this is ridiculous.

Have you no pride in the country of your birth?

Singing "Stand up if you hate the English" is not bigotted, its banter, the same way as Rangers sing "Stand up if you hate Celtic"

How many English people do you hear calling out about our anthem? Ill tell you - None. They dont give a flying fuck, so why should we?

People on here are moaning about the Scottish press being against us, targeting the national team - You think that will help???

Concentrate on the real enemy, ill give you a clue - it isnt Scotland.

If the Scotland points were being made was out the blue then I could accept it more readily but because it is more tit for tat at not only your own country but because UEFA 'try to get us', I'm more abrasive to it!

Singing "Stand up if you hate the English" is not bigotted, its banter, the same way as Rangers sing "Stand up if you hate Celtic"

How many English people do you hear calling out about our anthem? Ill tell you - None. They dont give a flying fuck, so why should we?

People on here are moaning about the Scottish press being against us, targeting the national team - You think that will help???

rangers fans are accused of singing bigoted songs and people want us banned yet fans can go and sing a racist song and its okay,it should be a level playing field,and to be honest most of the tartan army hate rangers and all connected with rangers.

rangers fans are accused of singing bigoted songs and people want us banned yet fans can go and sing a racist song and its okay,it should be a level playing field,and to be honest most of the tartan army hate rangers and all connected with rangers.

Correct brother....the terten ermy are a bunch of drunken erseholes and I will not hesitate to stick the barstewards right in it if they step out of line believe me (beer)

Utter Pish.

And its equally shocking that there are Rangers who don't follow support Scotland, and most people out with the Old Firm hate us anyway. minstral, you should know that.

And its equally shocking that there are Rangers who don't follow support Scotland, and most people out with the Old Firm hate us anyway. minstral, you should know that.

Utter Pish mark II.

People can support who they want, its not shocking.