Gelnn Gibbons the wank

HooliGoon

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Glenn-Gibbons-Smith-fails-to.6538545.jp

Glenn Gibbsons bad mouthing Walter Smith fer the play of Rangers 4 days ago. And fer comments made by Smith about Eufa not helping counrties that aren't England Spain and Italy. Those who can play, play. Those who can't play coach, those who can't coach write shite articals. One way te look at it is they only bad mouth whats better than them. Nobody trash talks shite teams only good ones. WATP!

Glenn Gibbons is a taig bastard whose hatred of us is well documented, however, with regard to Smith's managerial style in Europe, he has got it spot on with that piece. Many of us who witnessed his first stint, can also see what a period of underachievement it was.

Glenn Gibbons is a taig bastard whose hatred of us is well documented, however, with regard to Smith's managerial style in Europe, he has got it spot on with that piece. Many of us who witnessed his first stint, can also see what a period of underachievement it was.

Spot on ....he only played one creative player in the 90's

When you are siding with gibbons to slag our manager things are getting bad....

He is entitled to his opinion, both as a journalist and as a football fan, whether we agree with him or not.

I personally think he is a shite journalist, so I don't take much notice of what he says no matter what he is writing about, so do what I do....don't bother reading his opinion.

Spot on ....he only played one creative player in the 90's

When you are siding with gibbons to slag our manager things are getting bad....

Don't give us any of your pish, Token. As you well know, my views are long held, and aren't based on what Gibbons says in his article. If you think that Smith's record in Europe is good, provide the evidence, instead of making your usual snide remarks.

I suppose you could cite the Champions League run in 1992, and the UEFA Cup final in 2008, but from doing some research, it seems there have been quite a few lows as well. Luckily enough, of these lows, I only experienced Kaunas, and that was absolutely awful. Hopefully we can add the Champions League campaign of 2010 to the 'highs' list though, in the near future :D

He does deserve the credit he gets for the good times, 2008 especially, but there can be no denying that his ultra-defensive approach has also cost us over the years. I to hope that 2010 will go down as a season to remember, for the right reasons.

By Gelnn Gibbons: "nothing less than a vehicle for the kind of myth and hypocrisy which those Scottish football fans not afflicted with selective amnesia would have had no trouble recognising"

There's no trouble recognising a hack so poorly regarded by his publisher they can't be fucked to spell his name correctly.

Shite journalists in the Scottish press - where's the myth?

Don't give us any of your pish, Token. As you well know, my views are long held, and aren't based on what Gibbons says in his article. If you think that Smith's record in Europe is good, provide the evidence, instead of making your usual snide remarks.

I would hate to share one opinion with gibbons never mind a long term one.... :sherlock:

I don't think being over cautious is what held Walter back in the 90's and it has brought him his best successes this decade....

I would hate to share one opinion with gibbons never mind a long term one.... :sherlock:

I don't think being over cautious is what held Walter back in the 90's and it has brought him his best successes this decade....

On the contrary, I'm sure that Gibbons hates our links with the PUL causes just as much as you do.

Who/what held Smith back in the 90's?

On the contrary, I'm sure that Gibbons hates our links with the PUL causes just as much as you do.

Who/what held Smith back in the 90's?

I hate our links with pul ?? (protestant ulster loyalisim ?)

Great, i have 9000 odd posts on here, you seem to be obsessed with my name on another mb as well so you must know my posts from there.

Show me one post where i have ever said that, just one.. ?

How anyone can say walters record in europe is bad is a joke.

Yes I have lost the bap many times with how our euro runs have went - and I have been pissed off temporarily with WS at times.

But when you consider we have SPL teams for practice - a league that puts most good players off and limited budget/market in our current setting, the achievements WS has made have to be recognised.

92/93 we were one step from the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!

Then there was the UEFA cup run.

We have had a few decent CL years too where we held our own.

I EXPECT alot from my club - and unless we win the CL this year I will be disappointed - as I always am with anything less than winning everything! thats just how I am and expect the Rangers family to be.

But WS has more than done enough to be a Rangers Legend and one of the best Club bosses in British History.

He has his limits, he is human - but he's the Godfather at Rangers and deserves nothing but respect.

Reasons for Walter Smith's poor Euro record.

1. the 3 foreigner rule throughout the 90's.

2. the 3 foreigner rule

3. the fact we are based in Scotland who haven't a decent international side for almost 40yrs.

4. players fitness and Scottish drinking culture

5. poor tactics at times

6. playing players out of position

Smith is far from blameless but just having a half decent budget doesn't guarantee Euro success. Look at the Russian teams of late - some of the top spenders in Europe but their own league isn't great and they struggle almost every year in the CL to avoid 4th.

I hate our links with pul ?? (protestant ulster loyalisim ?)

Great, i have 9000 odd posts on here, you seem to be obsessed with my name on another mb as well so you must know my posts from there.

Show me one post where i have ever said that, just one.. ?

You know fine well that I am banned from there and can't show you. However, I did remind you on several occasions while I was still a member.

Reasons for Walter Smith's poor Euro record.

1. the 3 foreigner rule throughout the 90's.

2. the 3 foreigner rule

3. the fact we are based in Scotland who haven't a decent international side for almost 40yrs.

4. players fitness and Scottish drinking culture

5. poor tactics at times

6. playing players out of position

Smith is far from blameless but just having a half decent budget doesn't guarantee Euro success. Look at the Russian teams of late - some of the top spenders in Europe but their own league isn't great and they struggle almost every year in the CL to avoid 4th.

Did our most succesful season of the 90's not come under the time of the three foreigner rule ?

I often wonder what would have happened in the 90s had Walter played the really defensive tactics we see at the moment. As Richard Gough said the other day before the Man U game: 'The Rangers side I played in would have been going to Old Trafford with a different mentality,' but imagine if we did sit back absorb pressure and then had people like Laudrup/Gascoigne etc to unleash...

Just a thought.

a good thought, one walter has said himself.....

You now know that I remember. I was never going to be able to back it up.

What do you remember ?

I don't even remember you posting on follow follow but you would think if i was against rangers links with protestantisim, ulster or loyalism i might have mentioned it on here in my 9000 odd posts. If that was my opinion i would express it, i tell people what i think if they agree with or not i don't really care.

Maybe you should just admit you're talking shite and then we can move on.... :sherlock: