Rangers First or Me First

mcowano

76 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a simple straight forward choice between the options below, which would you choose to describe why you want to sing your hearts out at the game:

• to give the team a boost. Let them know we are there. Be the 12th man. Put Rangers First
    • to give me my identity. Let them know who i am. My make up. My beliefs. Put Me First

Rangers First or Me First

Im not sure how this will go or if people will even bother answering but i reckon there is a good 1500-2000 fans who are either part of the Blue Order, Union Bears, Vanguard Bears or just normal season book holders who would love to go to the game and sing their throats sore from 2:45pm to 5:00pm and to that end i would like to ask the people who would love to sing the following:

If you had a simple straight forward choice between the options below, which would you choose to describe why you want to sing your hearts out at the game:

No middle ground. Its a) or b)

a) to give the team a boost. Let them know we are there. Be the 12th man. Put Rangers First

b) to give me my identity. Let them know who i am. My make up. My beliefs. Put Me First

that took a lot of thought. i voted to put the team first. but at the end of the day, the team carries or represents a lot of what is my identity.

It will take a lot of thought for a lot of people adam and i appreciate its not as straight forward as it seems, but it might lead to something so hopefully a lot more will treat it like yourself mate and offer up their ultimate opinion.

Thanks buddy.

Tbh it works out as a mixture of both.

You want to be there to get behind your team but you are singing your beliefs at times aswell.

Supporting any football club takes up a big part of your life, this one more than any.

Sort of goes beyond football with Rangers at times.

Tbh it works out as a mixture of both.

You want to be there to get behind your team but you are singing your beliefs at times aswell.

Supporting any football club takes up a big part of your life, this one more than any.

Sort of goes beyond football with Rangers at times.

Totally understand its a mixture of both and thats what makes it tough mate but to get an understanding i have to make it a straight choice.

Firstly thanks for the answers.

I love watching the foreign ultras and their clearly well co-ordinated songs and routines getting everyone going. The way things are at Ibrox just now with the split up of the singing groups does not make for a good atmosphere as hard as these boys try, and they do bloody try.

So heres the gist of why it had to be one of the answers. Lets say the club was willing to open up a section of 2000 seats, and some of the top guys in TBO, UB and VB fully co-ordinated from 2.50pm to final whistle a list which also includes songs of identity but crucially were pre-agreed with the club. All be it a small poll, would the 95% who voted Rangers First be willing to cut out a few add ons, cut out a couple of songs which may not be agreed in order to put Rangers first and create an excellent atmosphere at Ibrox ?

Would this Joined up approach also help unite the fans and make us stronger even ?

There are loads more songs which feel free to add to but these are en example to show, there wouldnt be a massive compromise.

Allan McGregor song

Blue flag flying high

Blue is the colour(New)- would love to see this at Ibrox

:clap:

Blue sea of ibrox

Build my Gallows

Dambusters

Derrys Walls

Every other Saturday

Follow Follow

Glasgow Rangers Champions

King Billys on the wall

Penny Arcade

Rangers til i die

Rule Britannia

Sash - without ditty

Stand up if you hate Celtic

Ten German Bombers

The Bouncy

We are the people

We love you Rangers

Who's that team we call the Rangers

I genuinely believe there are friendly ears in the Club who would love this but I wasnt so sure about the appetite from the fans to make a small compromise for the team.

Allan McGregor song

Blue flag flying high

Blue is the colour(New)- would love to see this at Ibrox

:clap:

Blue sea of ibrox

Build my Gallows

Dambusters

Derrys Walls

Every other Saturday

Follow Follow

Glasgow Rangers Champions

King Billys on the wall

Penny Arcade

Rangers til i die

Rule Britannia

Sash - without ditty

Stand up if you hate Celtic

Ten German Bombers

The Bouncy

We are the people

We love you Rangers

Who's that team we call the Rangers

I genuinely believe there are friendly ears in the Club who would love this but I wasnt so sure about the appetite from the fans to make a small compromise for the team.

The ones I've highlighted would never be "officially" agreed to by the club, for fear of causing offence. I genuinely believe that. You might even struggle to get Derry's Walls past them. You can be sure they'd ask for 'advice' as to which songs would cause offence before agreeing to them. Do we really want them to approach Nil By Mouth with that question?

The ones I've highlighted would never be "officially" agreed to by the club, for fear of causing offence. I genuinely believe that. You might even struggle to get Derry's Walls past them. You can be sure they'd ask for 'advice' as to which songs would cause offence before agreeing to them. Do we really want them to approach Nil By Mouth with that question?

I think they would get agreed, be it officially or unofficially. The songs the club would be very specific about are the well known and publicised ones tbh.