So I got the Samsung Galaxy S

OlegKuznetsov

I took some time to decide between the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, HTC Dsesire, HTC Legend and even considered the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, but after a late entry, all tests and research pointed to the Galaxy S.

So now I've got it, and WOW!

What a phone! Excellent sound quality, unbeatable 4" screen and virtually every other feature you could reasonably want. Can't wait for the Android 2.1 Froyo update, which will allow Flash on a webpage.

I really struggle to fault this phone, although the iPhone 4's solid build quality did make it an attractive option too, but that glass case shatterability and overall technical inferiority to the Galaxy S was undeniable.

So for anyone else considering a phone purchase, take a long hard look at this one. Possibly the best bit of tech gear around.

P.S. Thanks to whathisname for the recommendation on my Xperia X10 thread. You were right. It is the best phone around.

You still wont stop people from buying an iphone 4 blind. Alot of people dont want to try new things and all the magazines are saying the iphone 4 is still best.

Had my desire for a good few months now and it is amazing at what it can do. With more to come.

You still wont stop people from buying an iphone 4 blind. Alot of people dont want to try new things and all the magazines are saying the iphone 4 is still best.

Had my desire for a good few months now and it is amazing at what it can do. With more to come.

See my Techradar link above to see that you comment above is infact not true. (tu)

I took some time to decide between the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, HTC Dsesire, HTC Legend and even considered the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, but after a late entry, all tests and research pointed to the Galaxy S.

So now I've got it, and WOW!

What a phone! Excellent sound quality, unbeatable 4" screen and virtually every other feature you could reasonably want. Can't wait for the Android 2.1 Froyo update, which will allow Flash on a webpage.

I really struggle to fault this phone, although the iPhone 4's solid build quality did make it an attractive option too, but that glass case shatterability and overall technical inferiority to the Galaxy S was undeniable.

So for anyone else considering a phone purchase, take a long hard look at this one. Possibly the best bit of tech gear around.

P.S. Thanks to whathisname for the recommendation on my Xperia X10 thread. You were right. It is the best phone around.

10310.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The reasons why i wont move from iphone is .

1. All my radios, docks etc are for iphones (would cost a load to replace).

2. I can hack any iphone get everything free.

3. Its never failed me even the tons of times ive dropped it.

4. Theres a massive amount of people able to help you out if it does break outside apple and less cost.

The iPhone 4 would definitely top our list, were it not for the fairly major flaw which sees 3G reception disappear when you hold the phone with your left hand. It's an embarrassing problem which mars an otherwise brilliant handset.

I just got the iphone 4 sort had to as all my radios have iphone docks so would be just wasting money.

Only reason i updated was the RadioShack / its like our Maplin is doing a deal $50 off this week plus trade in your old iphone get either $125 for 3gs or $75 for the 3g , my 3gs has a cracked screen (dropped it when cleaning it cover off doh) so i got the $75 off.

Got it home hacked it put my3g on it can now make calls back home to mates with iphone 4 face chat for free walking about anywhere.

Not had any problems with the way i hold the iphone never drops calls since ive had it so the new firmware must have fixed the problem.

I cant be moved to another phone now as i love all the free stuff i can get on my hacked iphone face chat is amazing and all my radios, tomtom car dock work so why change.

The iPhone 4 would definitely top our list, were it not for the fairly major flaw which sees 3G reception disappear when you hold the phone with your left hand. It's an embarrassing problem which mars an otherwise brilliant handset.

I just got the iphone 4 sort had to as all my radios have iphone docks so would be just wasting money.

Only reason i updated was the RadioShack / its like our Maplin is doing a deal $50 off this week plus trade in your old iphone get either $125 for 3gs or $75 for the 3g , my 3gs has a cracked screen (dropped it when cleaning it cover off doh) so i got the $75 off.

Got it home hacked it put my3g on it can now make calls back home to mates with iphone 4 face chat for free walking about anywhere.

Not had any problems with the way i hold the iphone never drops calls since ive had it so the new firmware must have fixed the problem.

I cant be moved to another phone now as i love all the free stuff i can get on my hacked iphone face chat is amazing and all my radios, tomtom car dock work so why change.

I thought face chat was only over wifi?

It would be good if google could incorporate something like that for the android osand it could work over different phones. I would like to get an iphone but just couldnt justify the cost so will plod on with android based phones.

I thought face chat was only over wifi?

It would be good if google could incorporate something like that for the android osand it could work over different phones. I would like to get an iphone but just couldnt justify the cost so will plod on with android based phones.

It is unless you hack your phone and shove my3g on your phone , its well orth it .