• Steven Davis
    • Kenny Miller
    • Steven Naismith
    • Nikica Jelavic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean in the last few years when he was carrying injuries, settling into a new club, a huge club, playing under some of the most hard to please fans in the world, carrying more injuries, not getting many games, injured again, being played out of position? That guy? Behave yourself, Naismith was always going to come good at Rangers, he just needed time and a chane to get fit and get in the team properly.

Some of our fans attitudes make me so sad. Even angry sometimes.

Saying McGregor is the only one who could play for a top Euro club is just as ridiculous, every one of our players can and DO play for one Europes greatest clubs! If you are talking about a better standard of league then we have several players who have and who could play regularly against higher opposition. They have proved it time and time again with performances for past clubs and in Europe with us!

I'm gonna try not to get into an argument but:

a) by a top European club, I meant teams like Barcelona, Chelsea, Inter Milan - teams who challenge for the CL year in year out. Of course Rangers is one of Europes greatest clubs in many respects but in not in terms of our players. Sorry to break it to you.

b) I love Naismith and he is on great form but I stand by the fact that saying he is our best player at what he does is ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.....

It's between three for me.

McGregor, Bougherra or Davis.

All top notch players who have excelled for the Gers in their position. But because I can only pick one it would be Bougherra, simply for the fact that if the three were out of the squad just now, who would be the hardest to replace or be the biggest loss to the team.

At this moment in time, I would have to say Miller, he is doing his job brilliantly which is quite simply to score goals. McGregor is world class but the past few games we have conceded too many goals, not that I am blaming him for every goal though.

I picked Steven Davis before I fully understood the question.

Allan McGregor is the best at what he does. When it comes to making world class saves, keeping us in games and winning us points then Allan McGregor is the man.

Voted Weir, smiths best signing still to date, and i think up there with anyone he signed during 9IAR... not only for ability, but for what he has done for us, and to come in at a time when the defence was shaky and teams were coming to really do some damage to us, big Davie has come in and become a proper Rangers captain. Id have no problems getting him into a hall of fame.

How did Pique do in his Man Utd days? :sherlock:

Your argument is severely flawed due to the fact that footballers can improve as their career progresses.

If you'd read the whole thread you would realise that's the point I was making... as someone brought up how poor Naismith used to be. <cr>

McGregor, the ony player good enough to play for a top European team IMO.

Bougherra and Davis would be the next closest, people saying Naismith is a bit of a joke considering his form in previous seasons. Football fans have the shortest memories going!

Oh the Irony!!!! It was you who said it! doh

Great question first off. Greegs is the best at his position, fairly easy. However in terms of their value to our team I personally think there is a bigger gap between Bougherra and the rest of our defenders, than the gap between Alexander and Shagger, and the gap between Davis and the rest of the midfield. So going by that I went with Bougherra, but not an easy choice.

Davie Weir is closest I think though just because he has been a fantastic captain, and based on pure skill Shagger is our best player.

Great question first off. Greegs is the best at his position, fairly easy. However in terms of their value to our team I personally think there is a bigger gap between Bougherra and the rest of our defenders, than the gap between Alexander and Shagger, and the gap between Davis and the rest of the midfield. So going by that I went with Bougherra, but not an easy choice.

Davie Weir is closest I think though just because he has been a fantastic captain, and based on pure skill Shagger is our best player.

nice evaluation, cos although IMO shaggers the best he's the most easily replaced whereas no ones near as good as bougy and davis