***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

That's unfortunate.

Tried downloading that a wee while ago I think, and it couldn't find anything to open it with once it had finished. Clicked something random, and now when I download it again I get no option to even open it. May try again.

WinRar?

I'm pretty sure that usually works.

WinRar?

I'm pretty sure that usually works.

It was a wee while ago, but it gave me a list of things I could open the file with, and I didn't really know what to do, so clicked anything. :rolleyes:

This is going to sound stupid, and off topic, but what does Winrar actually do? I know it 'unzips' files, but that's it. And even then I don't know what that means...

It was a wee while ago, but it gave me a list of things I could open the file with, and I didn't really know what to do, so clicked anything. :rolleyes:

This is going to sound stupid, and off topic, but what does Winrar actually do? I know it 'unzips' files, but that's it. And even then I don't know what that means...

...I dunno...:lol:

I haven't a clue either. I think you download compressed files and then WinRar extracts them...

Even then, haven't a clue.

Download WinRar. (tu)

You're always under with schoolwork! What the fuck? :lol:

How cruel are your teachers?

I'm not having a fun last year anyway. Really can't be arsed.

I don't know if it's through playing FIFA for so long, but not having players' faces kinda bugs me. Just means if I sign someone I have to go and see what he looks like. No ugly bastards playing for my team.

Montrose 1-0 Albion Rovers

Massive win! They skied a penalty in the last minute.

Montrose 1-0 Arbroath (Angus Derby)

The biggest victory of the season which means I've won every Angus Derby this season. Puts me top of the league by 2 points with 4 games to play!

My striker who scored is out for 6 weeks though. Bastard.

I'm not having a fun last year anyway. Really can't be arsed.

I don't know if it's through playing FIFA for so long, but not having players' faces kinda bugs me. Just means if I sign someone I have to go and see what he looks like. No ugly bastards playing for my team.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean but there's no way I'm downloading the Facepack.

It's stupidly huge.

Right, guys, panic over - I'm back on it, all over it.

I'm now super Ally and behind me is a season under the name of Walter Smith which saw all but Neil Alexander and Kane Hemmings spend a minimum of two months on the physio's table between January and May, costing me the SPL title (Despite leading by eleven points at one stage), the Scottish Cup (Despite being favourites, a patched-up Rangers lost four-nil to Partick) and the Europa League (Our reserves lost four-nil in Amsterdam against Ajax after our first team won two-one at Ibrox).

Nope, we've moved on, it's a new, injury free (Except Mo Edu, who's out for six weeks and, to be honest, quite lucky I've not edited him out of the game following last Sunday's performance).

Out went Miller, Webster and Papac, Velicka and a number of youngsters including Kenny McDowall's favourite, Gordon fucking Dick. Vlad Weiss' loan deal ended and I couldn't afford to renew it, so Chelsea's young, French winger Gaél Kakuta has came in on loan, instead. David Healy came in on a free transfer along with Kilmarnock's Cammy Bell. Contrary to what McDowall thinks, Wayne Drummond isn't first team material.

Actually, I promoted McDowall to assistant manager, as well. Fuck knows why, the cunt's smacked out of his tits most of the time, based on some of his recommendations and suggestions.

First up in pre-season, Queen of the South at Palmerston, then Newcastle at Ibrox before a three-games tour of Ausralia.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!

EDIT Davie Weir can't hack another full season and Ross Perry isn't quite ready for first team football, so I've been looking for a centre-half to partner big Madjid. I've got Kyle Bartley in on loan, as well, but he's back-up.

Anyway, Craig Cathcart rejected me for Sunderland and Bayern's Christian Lell didn't even want to speak to me, then Nicola Laggra-something picked a no-mark German side over me, for £5K per-wekk less.

Im still looking about, though. I had a look at the Israeli Tal Ben-Haim and Egypt's Gomaa, but I then realised that, with Bougherra being Algerian, our penalty box would be like the Gaza strip. :lol:

If you're still needing a centre back i've got a couple at Rangers that might do you well.

Anthar Yahia or Paolo Hernan Dellafiore.

Dellafiore was £425k from Parma and Yahia was a pre-contract so he might be at another team already.

A 4-0 hammering of Panathinakios away in Greece in the Uefa Cup 2nd round. That'll do me :happy:

I ended up bringing in Sergio Sánchez from Sevillá for £750K.

There were at least ten teams after him including Bayern and Bordeaux after him, but apart from a loan bid from Porto, no-one else made an offer for him and he joined us. He arrived a game into our tour of Australia and, in the second game, came on at half-time.

Bougherra, though, has told me that he's wanting away. Lyon and Marseille are interested, so I told him I wanted the club to progress with him, but he wasn't having it. If a bid of at least 32.5M comes in, he can go.

After Australia, Ross Perry will be going out on loan to our new feeder club, Queen of the South.

There were at least ten teams after him including Bayern and Bordeaux after him, but apart from a loan bid from Porto, no-one else made an offer for him and he joined us. He arrived a game into our tour of Australia and, in the second game, came on at half-time.

Bougherra, though, has told me that he's wanting away. Lyon and Marseille are interested, so I told him I wanted the club to progress with him, but he wasn't having it. If a bid of at least 32.5M comes in, he can go.

After Australia, Ross Perry will be going out on loan to our new feeder club, Queen of the South.

At least you're not being picky. :lol:

You should have your own section on here :lol: Your stories make this thread worth reading :lol:

Boys, I took the plunge. I signed Leigh Griffiths. Unlike all of you cheating bastards, though, I had him scouted in numerous environments across an entire season before negotiating a £650K deal with Dundee for him.

So, all in, Bartley and Gael Kakuta have arrived on loan, I bought Sergio Sánchez and Leigh Griffiths while Cammy Bell and David Healy arrived on free transfers. I quite fancy Tom Hateley, no homo, but I don't have enough cash left.

I sent Ross Perry on loan to Queen of the South, Andrew Shinnie to Hamilton and Andrew Little to Raith. Perry and Shinnie have potential and are at that make-or-break stage, but making it at Ibrox is nothing more than a remote fantasy for Little, I'm afraid.

As I'm super Ally, I've been chatting privately with a lot of my players, hitting them with the patter. "You played well in that last match, mate", "Stop shooting from distance, son". Healy was having none of it, though. He told me he was too old.

I'm going to ride Lennon in the media and become friends with Derek McInnes, just like Coisty should.

Anyway, back to the football. In the Europa League Third Qualifying stage, we knocked-out a Slovakian team, four-one on aggregate. We won three-nil over there, then a late Stevie Naismith header saved us at Ibrox where we drew one-each. For some reason, I was furious.

Next, Hearts at home in the first SPL game of the season.

'MON THE RANGERSSS!

At the start of this season - my second - I told the board regarding season expectations that I'd attempt to avoid relegation. I was worrying for signings suitable for the Second Division, as I struggled before a few years back with East Stirlingshire where I couldn't escape the division.

I reached the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup too. Disaster struck when 3 of my players were on international duty and a few were injured. I had to field a weakened side but the upset was so close to fruition. A last minute goal from Andy Kirk for Dunfermline in extra-time broke Gable Endies' hearts losing 1-2, as they were knocked out of the competition seconds away from a penalty shootout against superior opposition in which they may have progressed to the final.

Similar heartbreak came in the Second Round of the League Cup where my Montrose side took Kilmarnock to extra time only at 1-1 only for Sylvinho (Yes, The Sylvinho) to score a powering header past Imray for the win in the last 5 minutes.

I'm in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup after hammering fellow promoted side Albion Rovers 5-1 at Links Park to set up a tie with recently relegated 3rd division side Airdrie United.

My signings were spot on, all frees and one loan who's a backup striker. Come January the 1st 2012, I'm sitting 3rd only 2 points from East Fife at the top of the table. I may try and strengthen my wide areas this window but I'm not going to sign anyone for the sake of it.

Irn-BruSecondDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png