The token 'throw on big Kyle' European substitution

Irwin Sparkes

Who else do we bring on? We brought on kyle to add an extra striker looking for a goal

It's the same in every game; Lafferty is brought on with between 5 and 10 minutes remaining. We don't play any differently because of it, it's the epitome of a hope for the best change

Yes I agree a dont know why walter leaves it so late. But hey we were unlucky against Valencia home and away! if naismith had scored both his chances that hit the post then it was an entirely different game but valencia were the better side :disappointment:

Who else do we bring on? We brought on kyle to add an extra striker looking for a goal

Foster for either McCulloch or Weir who were verging on an embarrassment.

Change it because it wasn't working and the game was slipping away if not gone completely

The question is who do you take off? We havent got the bench and it meant we had to sacrifice a defensive midfielder.Lets just accepy the better team won but with a bit of luvk we would have got 2 goals tonight and we would have beaten them at Ibrox.Dont see the fans still in the Stadium complaining.They are singing their heads off.

We were 2-0 down with nothing to lose, why not give Fleck, Hutton et al a chance once we were 2-0 down, anyaway, plus that would have would allow us to rest players for the weekend.

Couldn't agree more with this. No-one can say that the guys on the bench wouldn't have provided something if they came on. Especially at 2-0 and a good few of our players tiring. Everytime Hutton plays in the SPL, he gets rave reviews. i know it's a completely different level, but why not give him, or someone else a chance to prove that they ARE good enough. We will never know until they get that chance.

Couldn't agree more with this. No-one can say that the guys on the bench wouldn't have provided something if they came on. Especially at 2-0 and a good few of our players tiring. Everytime Hutton plays in the SPL, he gets rave reviews. i know it's a completely different level, but why not give him, or someone else a chance to prove that they ARE good enough. We will never know until they get that chance.

It annoyed me how Crocker and Provan continuously went on that the options on the bench weren't good enough. How the fuck do we know if we don't give them a chance? With all due respect to Walter, he isn't the best manager in the world at bringing youth through. You can't judge how good a player is by watching him train, the way a young player reacts by playing in big games is what they should be judged on, as everyone reacts differently to being thrown into the limelight, it may well make them play better than they ever have before.

I don't know why Smith can't make substitutions at 50/60 mins or thereabouts instead of waiting till the dying seconds when we're chasing the game.

One of the Great Mysteries of Life, whose age dwarfs that of The Callanish Stones.

Making substitutions hasn't really been Walters strong point, but he gets them right sometimes.

No point bringing on Lafferty with 9 minutes to go. Miller wasn't offering alot up top by his self imo and we should have taken a different approach to the second half. Edu was blowing out his arse aswell and should have been subbed for Fleck.

I don't know why Smith can't make substitutions at 50/60 mins or thereabouts instead of waiting till the dying seconds when we're chasing the game.

We're usually not getting beat so there's rarely any need.

And that bench was too young for Smith to 'trust' in a Champions League game, we all know that. Lafferty and Foster were the only outfield players that would have had a sniff of getting on.

We're usually not getting beat so there's rarely any need.

And that bench was too young for Smith to 'trust' in a Champions League game, we all know that. Lafferty and Foster were the only outfield players that would have had a sniff of getting on.

Didn't he bring on Fleck in Unirea when we were 1-0 up?