***The Official Rangers vs. Manchester United Thread***

Muff

Please don't stat yer pish the night ffs. lets just wait and see what happens, although I do agree with you about whittaker. But WS has little and few options.

But he does have another option!

Why would u put someone at CH that's absolutely brutal at defending? Dennis cmon mate, it's pretty much suicide.

I would rather Lee at CB than Whitts, at least he can challenge for 50/50 in the air.

Think Whitts will be on Rooney, Weir on Berba, Broadfoot sweeping, Foster on Nani and Davis on Giggs.

Carrick and Scholes v McCulloch and Hutton

Wiess, Naisy and Miller attacking that crap back 4

Lets go for it lads!

Why would u put someone at CH that's absolutely brutal at defending? Dennis cmon mate, it's pretty much suicide.

I don't think Kirk and Weir are solid, so basically he is throwing another body in there as insurance. we will just have to wait and see. (tu)

I would rather Lee at CB than Whitts, at least he can challenge for 50/50 in the air.

Think Whitts will be on Rooney, Weir on Berba, Broadfoot sweeping, Foster on Nani and Davis on Giggs.

Carrick and Scholes v McCulloch and Hutton

Wiess, Naisy and Miller attacking that crap back 4

Lets go for it lads!

love your optimism mate! Mon the gers! (tu)

I can only think that Smith fears for us getting caught out for pace at the back so Whittaker may be used to sweep in behind Weir and Broadfoot when necessary. Think there will be more than a few hearts in mouth moments at the back for us tonight though...

If that is the formation I'm hoping Whittaker is playing as more of a sweeper than a centre half. He's in there for his pace which could be vital.

I'd be tempted to put Weiss on the left just to see how much joy he'll get out of O'Shea, although I dont think Fabio's defending is that great either.