DAVID HEALY.....

Guest The Brown Brogue

This is more like it! I have mentioned this guys name for months now and I think there may be some truth in the rumours that we want him!

He would cost about 2 million IMO. Leeds are doomed for League 1 and despite how prolific he is for Northern Ireland there is no way a league 1 club can ask for 4 million for any of their players!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Brown Brogue
This is also in the Evening Times, and he is apparently a Rangers fan, Evening Times report does say that WS was there to look at a Swedish player but doesn't mention who.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...1293708.0.0.php

Just reading the E.T story there, the bit about a swedish player caught my eye.

This was their line-up last night...

Isaksson, Nilsson, Mellberg (Majstorovic 69), Hansson, Edman, Alexandersson (Wilhelmsson 61), Andersson, Svensson (Kallstrom 45), Ljungberg, Ibrahimovic, Elmander.

Subs Not Used: Shaaban, Von Schlebrugge, Bakircioglu, Rosenberg.

Theres some pretty tasty names in there, who does anyone reckon it might have been that we were watching?

This is also in the Evening Times, and he is apparently a Rangers fan, Evening Times report does say that WS was there to look at a Swedish player but doesn't mention who.

Isaksson, Nilsson, Mellberg (Majstorovic 69), Hansson, Edman, Alexandersson (Wilhelmsson 61), Andersson, Svensson (Kallstrom 45), Ljungberg, Ibrahimovic, Elmander.

Theres some pretty tasty names in there, who does anyone reckon it might have been that we were watching?

Ibrahimovic?

Ibrahimovic?

lazy over-rated and arrogant, no thanks oh and we couldnae afford him (of course I know you were joking )

Guest The Brown Brogue
Heard it could be Andreas Isaksson from Man City as a replacement for Klos. He wasn't getting a game down there but has got back into the team lately so would still be costing at least £1million.

I did wonder about him, as we were linked with a move when he left Rennes were we not?

I was also wondering if Mellberg had signed a new deal at Villa yet, otherwise he could be a pretty decent Bosman (I assume) signing.

Heard it could be Andreas Isaksson from Man City as a replacement for Klos. He wasn't getting a game down there but has got back into the team lately so would still be costing at least £1million.

I did wonder about him, as we were linked with a move when he left Rennes were we not?

I was also wondering if Mellberg had signed a new deal at Villa yet, otherwise he could be a pretty decent Bosman (I assume) signing.

I was thinking Mellberg, but apparently he is going to pledge his future to Villa, maybe he was running his eye over Svennsson! :D

I was thinking Mellberg, but apparently he is going to pledge his future to Villa, maybe he was running his eye over Svennsson! :D

Wouldn't want the Svensson that was playing, hes over the hill now, has been ever since he left Southampton. Having said that I'm not 100% sure whether it is Anders or Michael Svensson that was playing, doesn't make a bit of difference anyway both are mince.

My eyes were led to Nilsson (No Idea who he is but plays RB by the team sheet) or Edman the LB that was at Spurs or a dream signing of Ljungberg? appears to be on his way out of Arsenal IIRC

looking at the names, he seems the most realistic option

Healy and Boyd would be a quality partnership. I hope Leeds go down as that may lower his fee aswell.

Be interesting to see what Swedish player Durrant and Smith were watching? Maybe looking at the big centre half's Daniel Majstorovic and Petter Hannson?

I'd take Isaksson, when at Rennes he was supossed to be rated more highly that when Cech was at the club. He is still only the same age as McGregor and has played over 40 games for Sweden.

Kallstrom. He was decent during the World cup effort.

He's a regurlar 1st teamer with Lyon who paid £6million (I think) for him last summer, as much as I would love to see him signing for us I'm afraid it just aint happening

Kallstrom. He was decent during the World cup effort.

He's a quality player. Pity he plays most weeks for Lyon and was signed for just under £6million.

Healy is a huge Rangers man i am friendly with a guy from Northern Ireland who sits in the Enclosure who told me if Rangers were after him then Healy would jump at the chance to come up here!! In my opinion after Browns performance last nite Brown and Healy are 2 priority signings in my opinion now in the summer because they both showed their class last nite

Healy and Boyd would be a quality partnership. I hope Leeds go down as that may lower his fee aswell.

Be interesting to see what Swedish player Durrant and Smith were watching? Maybe looking at the big centre half's Daniel Majstorovic

He look's like a proper hard bastard!

1993844214_1999999137_Majstorovic03_pro_192_221.jpg

He is an absolute animal. Hard but very fair. Wins everything in the air and is solid in the tackle. He'd pretty much run through a brick wall to win a ball.

Currently plays for Basel and is 29. Seen him a few times, especially in last seasons UEFA Cup. He'd bbe a great signing!

Being part northern irish Healy has been a favourite of mine for a long time - he would imo be the best signing rangers could make that wouldnt cost more than 10 million - thats how good this guy is. He has the finishing of Boyd but also a workrate and attitude that Kris could learn a lot from. Also if we go away in Europe there are few better players in the world at playing up on their own with limited service than this guy.

PLEASE SIGN THIS GUY WALTER!!!

Being part northern irish Healy has been a favourite of mine for a long time - he would imo be the best signing rangers could make that wouldnt cost more than 10 million - thats how good this guy is. He has the finishing of Boyd but also a workrate and attitude that Kris could learn a lot from. Also if we go away in Europe there are few better players in the world at playing up on their own with limited service than this guy.

Ub prob seen more of him than me mate. how much would u be willing to pay for him?*

*his goals were belters last nite tho

Ub prob seen more of him than me mate. how much would u be willing to pay for him?*

*his goals were belters last nite tho

I dont think we would have to pay more than 2 million - Wise isnt keen on him as he likes to play a big man up front on his own for away games(odd given Wisey's size). On his day Healy is a match winner though and simply unplayable - think back to Spain last year - I genuinely dont know of another player in the world who could have produced that performance.

John McMillan RSA on teletExt there saying the fans would welcome Healy signing, just wonder if he's been fed some info that we have or are going to sign him, don't think Healy will sign for the bheggars if they come in for him somehow ?

Healy is a huge Rangers man i am friendly with a guy from Northern Ireland who sits in the Enclosure who told me if Rangers were after him then Healy would jump at the chance to come up here!! In my opinion after Browns performance last nite Brown and Healy are 2 priority signings in my opinion now in the summer because they both showed their class last nite

I'd be over the moon if Gers signed Healy - would be a right lethal pair with him and Boydy up front! If he and Brown arrive in the summer, what a difference that will make. Keep the faith - good times will return to Our Blue Heaven once more!!

championee