The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Actually no - we were having a pleasant chat and indeed enjoying one another's company (as we usually do). This came up when a third party joined us the discussion moved to the London spiv. His take was as described, mine the opposite.

I have no disagreement with the man other than that he's seeing something in the London spiv that I don't.

I see a spiv - I think he sees a saviour.

Life is like that sometimes - disagreeing is good - it gets the debate going. :sherlock:

enjoying each others company? pair of bentshots

What's your gut feeling, will this be a goer with Whyte, and even if you're no over the moon with him, do you think he'll be better than hee haw?

If you're still there Gunslinger, same questions.

oh whyte will buy us, lloyds will see to that, that much is obvious.

better than he haw perhaps. good for rangers i am far from convinced.

I see a spiv who will dive in, asset strip what he can, develop what he can (not even using his own money to do it either) and then he'll move on.

I see us being in a bigger hole than we are now with this one.

I don't know what Lloyds thinking is here (some claim to do so) but I don't care if the debt is wiped out in one fell swoop or not - as long as it's manageable neither should they (fuxsake, they're getting interest payments aren't they).

I only care that the new manager gets a lump of transfer cash to invest on the pitch and that we build next year.

The London-based spiv sees property, property and more property. :mad:

Thanks for calling it as you see it, hope to Christ you're wrong.

oh whyte will buy us, lloyds will see to that, that much is obvious.

better than he haw perhaps. good for rangers i am far from convinced.

Apart from the money side of it, I'm dreaming of an owner with a backbone and it worries me that no one knows a damn thing about this guy.

Seems like we'll find out soon enough.

What the feck is a spiv?

Whyte will own rangers very soon IMO

There's no alternative, we'll just have to go with it and hope it works out

Spiv? Check the Dictionary.

"There's no alternative, we'll just have to go with it and hope it works out."

Fuxsake - "hope"?

It'll be too late by then.

i meant the status quo.

You're having a laugh! You think the status quo is an alternative? That would be a disaster - an owner who doesn't want to be here and a Board that has proven themselves over the last 7 years to be utterly incompetent - and you call that an alternative?

Oh dear, gunslinger. :disappointment:

You're having a laugh! You think the status quo is an alternative? That would be a disaster - an owner who doesn't want to be here and a Board that has proven themselves over the last 7 years to be utterly incompetent - and you call that an alternative?

Oh dear, gunslinger. :disappointment:

be careful boss your backing of whyte could easily backfire even more than your backing for the enemy within.

murrays finances are getting there id imagine, if he were able to run this club properly and with the mind of building a good strong young squad, keeping all debts to a minimum i would have murray over any recent pospective buyer, if all was good financially

That it has come to this - a wee London-based spiv with a track record of company takeovers, job losses and various investors and debtors left in the lurch - someone so secretive that he's been seen at Ibrox twice in the last 20-years yet he's supposedly this "huge fan of the club" - about to take control of a Scottish football institution that has been let run down by another spiv (and Edinburgh-based one this time) has me fearful for what might be.

Indeed I may copy this post, store it for safekeeping and repost it a couple of years from now and see if any of my fears are with foundation.

I challenge anyone on here to provide some evidence that the London-based spiv isn't in this for his own good and not that of the long-term well-being of Rangers FC.

The phrase "Be sure you want what you wish for" is at the forefront of my mind as I type this.

:disappointment: