Celtic sign Rangers kid McGeough

It seems that the story which broke over the weekend that Rangers youth midfielder Dylan McGeough has re-signed for his childhood sweethearts Celtic after Rangers nurtured his talent and moulded him into the promising player he has become.The player, whose deal with Rangers ends in May was given the tour of Celtic Park over the weekend by Celtic officials and according to the Sun, he has signed a deal which will net him £3k per week; an astonishing wage for a seventeen year old in the SPL.

McGeough only came to Rangers when his relationship with his idols Celtic soured and he was told he couldn't make it in football.

View the full article

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope Rangers consider forwarding this matter to the SFA, C*ltic have clearly been tapping up a player who is under contract to us.

On the other hand, I hope the little bastard rots in their reserves.

:jelavic:

Relevance to this thread Adoniram? Im intrigued.

(tu)

Aye ..he's a T*rrier runt who along with his father used our club knowing they fully intended taking him back to the "All Inclusive" club when it suited them.

If it was the other way around i am sure that angle would be subtley inferred somewhere.

So i am just sticking to BP9's stereotypical view of me.. ;)

owell heard he was a good wee player , but if you get a 2nd chance to play for the team you support i think all of us would take it , even if it is the scum in McGeough's case

Spot on. He'll regret it in a few years, but he gets to play for the team he supports now.

Aye ..he's a T*rrier runt who along with his father used our club knowing they fully intended taking him back to the "All Inclusive" club when it suited them.

If it was the other way around i am sure that angle would be subtley inferred somewhere.

So i am just sticking to BP9's steeotypical view of me.. ;)

That part is 100% correct, was always going to happen. I dont blame the lad, more the club for trusting such a wank of a family into our club and facilities. Weve been treated like dicks here but i dont think losing this pleb will hand Celtic the title or anything, he still may not make it and his huge salary is sure to add to their ever increasing debt.

(tu)

He's basically spat in the face of his Rangers team-mates and coaches. How will he be able to look them in the eye for the next 5 months?

By the way, £3k a week for a 17 year old is just ridiculous. He probably won't be in and around the first team for another couple of years anyway, so until then, CFC is haemorrhaging a further £156k a year, as well as the six figure compensation fee they should be paying to us. It seems that they're driving into the desert at 100mph, with only one bar of fuel left....

They seem to like throwing money at things to think they "get one over us". <cr>

if this guy is meant to be good why aint he had a contract offer, maybe the paper twisting things from there own angle on things, and to be fair if they dont want to be here they dont deserve to be here

there is a definite problem for us when we sign taigs, as against rc's from abroad or england etc. these boys are brought up to hate rangers, and only come to us to further their careers if they cant get to the tims, they have no loyalty or feeling for our club and will always have the ambition to "wear the hoops" eg burke, mccormack,wilson ,and this lad.pesonally i'd steer clear of bringing these young micks to murray park.some of celtics best ever players were bluenoses as kids but had the integrity to give everything for the club they played for . hell will freeze over before we can say the same thing.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

3k a week a dont think anyone would knock that back if u where 17

If I was playing for Rangers and was showing great promise, no way would I move.

:jelavic:

So i am just sticking to BP9's stereotypical view of me.. ;)

No one needs any of my help to see you for what you are when you post like that!

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

thats like you plaing with celtic then rangers came in with a contract at 3k a week would u reject it ?

You said "3k a week a dont think anyone would knock that back if u where 17".

Your post was irresprective of what team the person supported.

You said "3k a week a dont think anyone would knock that back if u where 17".

Your post was irresprective of what team the person supported.

so if thats like saying ur playing with celtic and doing well then rangers came in with a 3k a week contract are u going to say no ?