Young Lads

Davie2909

Totally agree, I found it quite amusing that Walter has had faith in Hutton in particular in the CL but won't play him in the SPL, I think he will become a far better player than McCulloch will ever be, not seen enough of him in a regular start to make an informed judgment yet.

Totally agree, I found it quite amusing that Walter has had faith in Hutton in particular in the CL but won't play him in the SPL, I think he will become a far better player than McCulloch will ever be, not seen enough of him in a regular start to make an informed judgment yet.

Thats a little unfair on McCulloch, I thought he had a great game last night and covered more of the pitch than any other player in our squad.

Thats a little unfair on McCulloch, I thought he had a great game last night and covered more of the pitch than any other player in our squad.

I said "he will become a far better player", I didn't say he is, Hutton is only 18, McCulloch I think is 32 now, big difference in age.

A great game ???? Are you being serious ????

I can't remember him making one tackle all night . He is absolutely woeful and doesn't merit a starting place in the side .

I said "he will become a far better player", I didn't say he is, Hutton is only 18, McCulloch I think is 32 now, big difference in age.

Totally agree with you. Hopefully Ness gets a chance soon. Was good to see McMillan get a game as well

To be fair on Walter, since he gave Hutton the start in the Champions League, we haven't had a domestic match for him to play in, so we can't say wether or not Hutton has actually forced his way into the team properly now or not.

Great to see the young lads being involved. With a small squad like ours we need the youngsters pushing the established first team players for a start.

I thought Darren Cole had a steady game and did the simple things well. He can only improve and push Whittaker in the RB position.

Kyle Hutton did well in the first half and although he faded a bit in the second didn't look out of place. I think he has a real chance of making it.

Guys like Gregg Wylde and Jamie Ness will hopefully get the chance to impress on a more regular basis although with the introduction of these players at a younger age I think Walter and Ally have called time on the older boys who haven't made an impact like Shinnie, McMillan, Bendiksson etc.

Cause we had no injuries that forced Walter to play him in the SPL :sherlock:

Cause we had no injuries that forced Walter to play him in the SPL :sherlock:

As pointed out since his debut in the CL we haven't had a domestic match, and who cares about injuries, even though I don't like seeing players injured especially in our small squad, these younger players have to take the chance and show what they can do, which is what they are doing when getting a chance.

Walter could have re-shaped the squad if he wanted to without playing younger players, he could have put McCulloch in defense with Cole being on the bench, in midfield he could have put Naismith more central as he's played there before and Weiss starting also in midfield etc etc etc, but he didn't, he gave players the chance to play in their more natural positions wherever possible.

Your bang on there! I's strange how Smith almost blatently just doesn't play the youth players in scottish matches but when it comes to europe he throws them in. ie Greig Sheilds, Scott Wilson, Neil Murray, Kyle Hutton and Darren Cole.

Your bang on there! I's strange how Smith almost blatently just doesn't play the youth players in scottish matches but when it comes to europe he throws them in. ie Greig Sheilds, Scott Wilson, Neil Murray, Kyle Hutton and Darren Cole.

Only reason Shields,Wilson,Murray&Pressley played was the three foreigner rule.

Only reason Hutton & Cole played was injuries.

WS has never shown faith in the youngsters.

Probably never will.