Let down once again!

Muff

I think Wylde should be given a go next. Didn't have long, but he did well to beat his man, on the touchline, and drew a bad challenge. He'd relish it I think. Dream scenario would be:

Weiss Davis McCulloch/Hutton Wylde

Miller Naismith

Then swap Beattie for one of Naismith, Wylde or Weiss and give him some minutes.

That is the worst excuse I have ever heard for giving someone a chance..he came on at 80 mins and that's all he done? Sounds brilliant!!

I do want him to get a chance though to see what he can do but I don't think he is good enough. Hopefully he will get his chance soon, take it and prove me wrong!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it you missed the past games where he took players on, and whipped in a cross?

I'm not basing his inclusion on 10 minutes. I'm basing it on the times I've seen him. And every time I have, he attacks the RB.

Fair enough my wording in my last comment was pish, but you get what i mean.

Fans dont care until we lose the title to our rivals, then they will be complaining and moaning like the rest of us who can see the dross coming before our players even take the park. Our team line ups put the fans on a downer before kick off!

Weir playing

McCulloch in midfield and playing

Whittaker in midfield

Wiess on the left

Miller lone striker

1 man up front against Inverbloominness

All these things have been causing us problems on almost a weekly basis, and for some time, sadly some fans do not want to know and get offended by people raising concerns.

Another draw against a team who were a first division team last year, has Walter been tactically outclassed by a manager with a fraction of his budget and on more than 1 occassion too? Looks like it to me. I can give credit to Butcher and ICT but i also feel we have to express our concerns.

Despite being champions again and top of the table, just, we have major issues and its not the myth about us having a small squad, its our manager who keeps making the same poor decisions every match we play.

1 up front, in the SPL!

Unwilling to attack teams

Showing opponents far too much respect no matter who we play

Allowing players to start poorly and continue poorly until half time

Persisting with players out of position, to the detriment of the team

Waiting to long to change the team, shape or make subs

Zero entertainment

Said it twice before, already and i will say it again, this draw was coming, i predicted a draw to my workmate when i got in this morning.

:anguish:

Queue the uber fans coming in and telling us everything is alright, were top of the league, got the best coach manager in the league and were not real fans criticising the club bla bla bla!

Sick again

Well we are top of the league are we not?

We do have the best manager in the league do we not?

We do have the best team in the league do we not?

Wouldn't call myself an uber fan I'd just say I can see the facts along with the performance and say we were lucky to get a point from it, learn from it and move on towards 3IAR.

Some of the knee-jerk stuff on here today is :lol: We flew out to Bursaspor which from my experience was a mission and got back with maybe a days training to go upto Inverness on a Saturday morning to play against probably the best in-form team atm..between them and Hearts.

I'll just look at it for what it was..a bad performance! Not going to start dissing just about the whole team, along with the coaching staff while slitting my wrists and going into a state of perma-rage after one bad performance.

If that makes me an uber-fan then so be it :D

Take it you missed the past games where he took players on, and whipped in a cross?

I'm not basing his inclusion on 10 minutes. I'm basing it on the times I've seen him. And every time I have, he attacks the RB.

Fair enough my wording in my last comment was pish, but you get what i mean.

Must have! Was bevyied up!

I'm hoping he does get his chance but I don't think he is good enough based on what I have seen of him. Hopefully his game will grow with confidence though and I will be completely wrong!

Must have! Was bevyied up!

I'm hoping he does get his chance but I don't think he is good enough based on what I have seen of him. Hopefully his game will grow with confidence though and I will be completely wrong!

Hehehe. In my opinion, I think he is good enough, and has the right attributes that a winger should have- taking the defender on at the touchline, and getting the ball in. I think he'll get more time soon, seems to be getting more each game.

Hehehe. In my opinion, I think he is good enough, and has the right attributes that a winger should have- taking the defender on at the touchline, and getting the ball in. I think he'll get more time soon, seems to be getting more each game.

If it means Walter starting Weiss on the right then I'm all for it (tu)

Although I feel Davis is far more effective on the right than in the middle. Through injuries though it will mean Davis will be in the centre for a wee while yet so I'd defo go with Weiss on the right will Wylde on the left.

We are notoriously shite at early kick offs. The usual painfully slow start became apparent again today. It was wrong from the start. 4-1-4-1? Against fucking Inverness? Fucking ridiculous.

were shite no matter what time we start? we need to sort out our pre match build up to get us up to speed! why can't our coaches sort that out?????? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why does it take a bollocking at half-time for us to up the tempo and performance for a short spell?

Surely the management should be able to get through to the players before kick-off?

Today, like a lot of the time, McCoist was lost in the technical area, and could not get his points through to the team.

Also Muff I just went through 5 pages of your started threads and got bored but when was the last time you made a thread praising the performance?

It seems to just be all doom and gloom with you? :lol:

When was our last good performance?

I started a positive thread the other day when returning from Bursaspor. The one about taking our chances, taking Inverness apart, moving 5 points clear and putting more pressure on the bheggars - just a pity the players turned in that bile.

Didn't expect us to get three points today. That first half performance was so bad it was cringeworthy.

I have seen football at U16 level, amateur league level... and I have seen players who are capable of making simple passes and the ability to put a half decent ball into the box from a set-piece. Yet we see Steven Davis unable to gt the ball past the first man.

We have tough trips away to Tannadice, Fir Park and McDiarmid Park this month and another performance like that and we WILL drop more points.

Well we are top of the league are we not? For now yes

We do have the best manager in the league do we not? Im not so sure

We do have the best team in the league do we not? Right now? I dont know, Hearts at home and Dundee Utd away could have proved we were, but we have the best players, thats for sure!

Wouldn't call myself an uber fan I'd just say I can see the facts along with the performance and say we were lucky to get a point from it, learn from it and move on towards 3IAR. Thats the thing, were not learning from it. Same was said after Hibs and the last draw with Inverness 1st time round.

Some of the knee-jerk stuff on here today is :lol: We flew out to Bursaspor which from my experience was a mission and got back with maybe a days training to go upto Inverness on a Saturday morning to play against probably the best in-form team atm..between them and Hearts. No excuses, playing anywhwere in Europe is no excuse for dropping points to Inverness no matter how well theyve been playing, we are Rangers Football Club!

I'll just look at it for what it was..a bad performance! Not going to start dissing just about the whole team, along with the coaching staff while slitting my wrists and going into a state of perma-rage after one bad performance. :lol:You mean another one? doh!

If that makes me an uber-fan then so be it :D

You sure talk like one, maybe try taking your blue spectacles off, you may see a different team!

(tu)

(tu)

Shit performance and result, as per and we've only got ourselves to blame!

Turning up for a spell in the 2nd half is simply not acceptable and everyone one of those players, bar Allan McGregor have to take a long hard look at themselves. I know some on here won't like the slating of the player and performance, so what was our excuse today - Inverness are the form side, small squad, tired after our piss poor performance on Tuesday night, injuries, can't win every game, celtc are even worse... don't give me that bullshit. Once again we were not good enough and made Inverness look like Barcelona at times and before people start with the 'negative, keyboard hardman, gees us a break...' shite, even our keeper today tore into his teammates.

I'm sick of our one paced, dire, turgid, lazy performances, a lack of urgency and effort. Players who fail to complete a simple two yard pass. The touch of some of these players is shocking and the movement is pathetic - we simply must press the opposition higher up the park. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction as it happens almost every game.

A negative fortmation, failing to make the game a contest (1st half), sitting too deep, allowing the opposition too much time, space and respect. We don't have a player who can win a ball in the middle of the park or put his foot on it. The defence (Weir for another year - don't even think about it) is a mess every game, our fullbacks cannot defend and the midfield is complete and utter powder puff with absolutely no organisation, positional sense, width, pace, creativity, quality... Time and time again it's out fought, out matched, out classed and over run. I don't know what's going on with Steven Davis and Lee McCulloch is a complete and utter waste of space, holding midfielder, midfield hardman, enforcer, destroyer, Kaiser... :mutley:

Steven Whittaker makes Sunday League footballers look World Class. If Vladimir Weiss showed the same interest on the park as he does on his bloody twitter, then maybe he would bring something to the team. Someone wants to have a word with Bougherra and the players should not be allowed off the training park until they have worked and improved on their delivery. I don't think I've seen a squad of players who cannot deliver a ball - the same old Papac over-hit or Davis failed corner is unacceptable.

Chance to extend our lead and we blow it once again. Our luck has completely run out and the 'kick up the arse we need' tag no longer washes.

It's time for changes in personnel, tactics and formation. This cautious approach is getting us nowhere, the attitude stinks and would someone other than Kenny Miller and Allan McGregor please stand up and take responsibility.

Get it sorted out now before it's too late!

This isn't going to please some and I couldn't give a shit.

(tu) its about time they realised its not a given for the ramngers to turn up and get the points.the look on davis face when sasa hit the free kick high was imo a disgrace as his dead ball has been far worse recently doh

That is the worst excuse I have ever heard for giving someone a chance..he came on at 80 mins and that's all he done? Sounds brilliant!!

I do want him to get a chance though to see what he can do but I don't think he is good enough. Hopefully he will get his chance soon, take it and prove me wrong!

Fucking hell, christ, I'm sure he's sorry for not impressing you within the 10 minutes he played. For fuck sake mate, look at things realistically. Do you honestly expect ANYONE to do something contributive playing 10 minutes? 9 times out of 10, they probably wouldn't.

But hey, what have Vladimir Weiss, Lee McCulloch, Steven Whittaker etc done to merit their place in the team? Fuck all.

Sooner we give Wylde a chance the better.

Can't disagree with the OP. Painfully obvious to see sadly. Steven Davis has been abysmal this year. Whittaker? Weiss? Madjid. I' m a pretty positive person especially when it comes to The Rangers. But our first half performances are no better than a pub team.

We can only hope we get through this.

I'd start off by sending Weiss back to City. Benching Whittaker, even benching Davis. Naisey filled in for Davis already and did a good job. Perhaps a bit too far, but something needs to be changed.

Complacency has set in

imho. (tu)

EDIT: About Wylde. A better fit for our team than Weiss at the moment.

I'm glad the management and players feel the same.

Davie admits the opening 45 minutes display was unacceptable.
It is frustrating but in a few matches we have managed to come back from being behind and win.

Unfortunately we didn't manage that today and it is something we need to improve on.

The first half was our poorest performance for a while and we weren't up to the pace of the game. We didn't play well at all
From our own point of view, the period before the break was really disappointing. We fell behind and didn't deserve any better than we got.
Really, we've only got ourselves to blame for not doing so off the back of our first-half performance. You've got to say it's our own fault.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/page/News

I've not seen McGregor's interview because I was at the match, but supposidly he spoke his mind, and wasn't happy.

We've seen alot of interviews like this, and it's time the players and management done something about it. I thought we might have kicked on after some results - Inverness and Hibs at home, but obviously not.

St. Mirren (h) Dundee United and Motherwell (a) before the bheggars... a crucial run of games. Let's hope the players can lift it, and get the wins!?

McGregor was fuming during his interview and rightly so.

He is having to make at least two top saves every game now because the defence and midfield are incapable of stopping the opposition from creating chances.

I'm glad the management and players feel the same.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/page/News

I've not seen McGregor's interview because I was at the match, but supposidly he spoke his mind, and wasn't happy.

We've seen alot of interviews like this, and it's time the players and management done something about it. I thought we might have kicked on after some results - Inverness and Hibs at home, but obviously not.

St. Mirren (h) Dundee United and Motherwell (a) before the bheggars... a crucial run of games. Let's hope the players can lift it, and get the wins!?

I'm glad the players think so aswell. Nothing worse when the team has been rank rotten and they come out sounding like they played well! That is the difference between us and them as we don't have excuses!!

Hopefully the team improves and it's not all just talk!

Fucking hell, christ, I'm sure he's sorry for not impressing you within the 10 minutes he played. For fuck sake mate, look at things realistically. Do you honestly expect ANYONE to do something contributive playing 10 minutes? 9 times out of 10, they probably wouldn't.

But hey, what have Vladimir Weiss, Lee McCulloch, Steven Whittaker etc done to merit their place in the team? Fuck all.

Sooner we give Wylde a chance the better.

Mr Scott L please settle petal.

Well we are top of the league are we not? For now yes - So you aren't expecting us to stay there?

We do have the best manager in the league do we not? Im not so sure - Who would you say is better?

We do have the best team in the league do we not? Right now? I dont know, Hearts at home and Dundee Utd away could have proved we were, but we have the best players, thats for sure! - So you are basing on whether we have the best team in the league on 2 games?

Wouldn't call myself an uber fan I'd just say I can see the facts along with the performance and say we were lucky to get a point from it, learn from it and move on towards 3IAR. Thats the thing, were not learning from it. Same was said after Hibs and the last draw with Inverness 1st time round.- You can't expect us to win every game surely? That is crazy talk!

Some of the knee-jerk stuff on here today is We flew out to Bursaspor which from my experience was a mission and got back with maybe a days training to go upto Inverness on a Saturday morning to play against probably the best in-form team atm..between them and Hearts. No excuses, playing anywhwere in Europe is no excuse for dropping points to Inverness no matter how well theyve been playing, we are Rangers Football Club! - I could understand if we were playing at home in Europe or at a major European city but it was a pain in the arse getting to Bursaspor!

I'll just look at it for what it was..a bad performance! Not going to start dissing just about the whole team, along with the coaching staff while slitting my wrists and going into a state of perma-rage after one bad performance. You mean another one? ! The team has worked wonders this season, if that means I have to take a couple of bad performances then so be it. Stats of the league compared to last season..

Last season - p15 w10 d4 l1 f29 a9 gd20 pts34

This season - p15 w12 d2 l1 f35 a16 gd19 pts38

Improvement no?

If that makes me an uber-fan then so be it

You sure talk like one, maybe try taking your blue spectacles off, you may see a different team!

(tu)

:rolleyes: