Jamie Ness

AGM_72

Head and shoulders above every other Rangers player today.

His range of passing is absolutely sublime.

Really glad to say I told you so.............

I'd like to see Ness get a run but if he plays there is no need for McCulloch in the same midfield which may not be a bad thing.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope our support give him time. If people can't see his obvious ability then they are blind.

Let's not get carried away by his actual performance today, it was not that special just better than the rest of our team and that's about it.

What we can get carried away by is his obvious ability to be able to control the ball, shield it, hold it up, run with it and pass it. He also gets stuck in and does the dirty work. He simply can play "football". I just hope our fans give him time to mature and hopefully turn this glimpse of talent into a regular and consistent occurence.

Once again a youngster shows up McCulloch in the middle of the park. And don't give me the pish he protects our back for because I did not see that today.

The worst thing is your right. :(

Already today, people are criticising a 19 year old Old Firm debutant for a couple of bad passes, ignoring his five or six outstanding ones that he landed on a 5p piece. Ignoring his passing, his ability to receive the ball in a tight space, not panic, turn away from his marker and pick the correct short pass was fantastic. Effort, tracking back, getting forward and his tackling were all spot on today.

I'm not even going to get into an argument with these people who think he didn't play well and neither should you. They're thick and stupid and don't deserve your time.

Already today, people are criticising a 19 year old Old Firm debutant for a couple of bad passes, ignoring his five or six outstanding ones that he landed on a 5p piece. Ignoring his passing, his ability to receive the ball in a tight space, not panic, turn away from his marker and pick the correct short pass was fantastic. Effort, tracking back, getting forward and his tackling were all spot on today.

I'm not even going to get into an argument with these people who think he didn't play well and neither should you. They're thick and stupid and don't deserve your time.

(tu)

Don't be daft.

He'll be hounded out of the team after one bad pass.

=/

He was brilliant today, and I can't remember his mistakes. His fantastic passes are what I remember from his game.

But your point reminds me of Weiss. Sure he didn't have the best of games, but he tried to go on a run, and was tackled. Cue moaning throughout the stadium. Next time he tried it, more moaning. How is that supposed to help his confidence? I just hope that doesn't happen with Ness.

=/

He was brilliant today, and I can't remember his mistakes. His fantastic passes are what I remember from his game.

But your point reminds me of Weiss. Sure he didn't have the best of games, but he tried to go on a run, and was tackled. Cue moaning throughout the stadium. Next time he tried it, more moaning. How is that supposed to help his confidence? I just hope that doesn't happen with Ness.

Worst kind of fans.

As I said in my thread two weeks ago; Weiss is not A scapegoat, he is THE scapegoat for the Ibrox faithful.

It's no wonder he performs better away from home.

=/

Spot on (tu)

People expect Weiss to beat 5 men and score a goal and think hes supposed to be a world beater. We have to much expectations of Weiss when really hes still very young and learning a lot up here.

Spot on (tu)

People expect Weiss to beat 5 men and score a goal and think hes supposed to be a world beater. We have to much expectations of Weiss when really hes still very young and learning a lot up here.

Exactly. Our team is made up of fairly ordinary players. They give the ball to Weiss, half the time on the touchline surrounded by players, and say "On you go."

He can't do it himself.

Our best player today IMO.

Never seen him before and was pleasantly surprised. Great range of passing, vision, composure, strength...

Not gonna carried away but would like to see both him and Hutton eased into the first team as they both seem like more natural footballers than Lee or Edu despite their age which speaks volumes, although I would emphasises the word 'eased'.

Reminded me somewhat of Charlie Adam (the Blackpool version).

The best player in a Rangers jersey, however that aint saying much as he was still pretty shite apart from 3 passes!

Shambles of a team, looked like they had never trained with each other nevermind played together!

Yep, hopefully he learned from his mistake today!

He has his head in his hands when Bougherra gave away the pen.

Hopefully that'll stay with him, and he'll never get caught on the back foot in an OF again.

It's a shame because he looked the part today, I just hope the moment doesn't linger too long in his memory, just the repercussion.

He has his head in his hands when Bougherra gave away the pen.

Hopefully that'll stay with him, and he'll never get caught on the back foot in an OF again.

It's a shame because he looked the part today, I just hope the moment doesn't linger too long in his memory, just the repercussion.

With him being a young boy, it could be something that could put him off. Hopefully it doesn't, he handled today very well, and I look forward to him making more first team appearances.

best midfielder on the park today very very encouraging stuff.

i see no reason why he shouldnt be playing week in week out.

his passing reminded me of adam but hes far more mobile than adam.

he disgises his passes very well i noticed. his touch is also good and hes not frightend to hold on to the ball in tight situation.

if anyone fancies some positive writing the day i think this is one positive we could take from the game, i thought he looked quite compfy on the ball and looked a stand out, just my opinion

I can remember 1 or 2 mistakes by him, letting samaras run was one of them but that will all come with experience and time, their was 1 point in the first half were there was a scrap for the ball and a celtic player tried to slide into the ball and ness turned on the ball superbly, some of his passing was superb as well and IMO should get a decent run after that but we all know that we probably won't see him again for a good while which is a great shame !

I can remember 1 or 2 mistakes by him, letting samaras run was one of them but that will all come with experience and time, their was 1 point in the first half were there was a scrap for the ball and a celtic player tried to slide into the ball and ness turned on the ball superbly, some of his passing was superb as well and IMO should get a decent run after that but we all know that we probably won't see him again for a good while which is a great shame !

i think he might get a run. we arent blessed with alot of options. mculloch is ok in there but nothing spectacular. davis is not playing well. edu has never really made the position his own and hes injured alot. hutton isnt as good as ness.

His passing in the first half was absolutely brilliant, he'll be a star.

My only complaint was not getting involved enough in the second half but other than that he was superb.

Agreed. Walter got it right by bringing him off when he did, IMO.

Not to defend Lee Mculloch but at least he almost scored and made a good tackle when hunchback was clean through. What did Ness do?? he was a player down in my eyes for a BIG game like this. I am not wrting him off already but its experience that wins you games like this.

Don't be ridiculous.