Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

we dont know who accepted it, thats the problem, one day the club are on talking terms with the bank, all hunky dory, debts being repaid, we start the season great, look good in Europe, sit top of the table then by the next transfer window all has changed, the bank have retaken control and we have zero money to buy anyone, despite 2 years of profits, and incredibly and embarrassingly no wages to offer anyone. Im not one for conspiracy theories, ok i am, but, i think the bank, or someone at the bank are doing this on purpose. Its obvious they want to make it as hard as possible for us to be successful this year, why? Well one can only guess, i was under the impression the T*rrier who was in control of our account at Lloyds was gone in the summer, i just wonder who took his job!

I dont blame Lloyds as i dont know what they are doing for a fact, but i do know what Bain and Mutrray have done in the past and the facts are there that they have both mismanaged and neglected our name, brand, club, supporters and team. They both should be hounded out the club.

i know im not one for the conspiracies. but we are being run in to the ground. just going through the names on the back of my shirts past 3 years, the majority have sold or left. im amazed boogie is still here and shagger. but we'll wait and see.

We just need to wait and see what pans out. Im not understanding why everyone is throwing their toys out of the pram on this one. Miller is a good player but we have plenty of good strikers in the squad Jelavic,Beattie,Naismith and Lafferty are all capable

Clearly Smith has something planned so we just need to be patient

I like the idea of Fleck going on loan.

It may be the only chance of him having a Rangers career, if he goes out on loan and is played in his actual position and runs a mock it may open the eyes of our management.

I'd rather we kept him. If we get 2 or 3 injuries in midfield/up front then he would need to come in. If we had a bigger squad I'd be all for it.

If Dundee Utd don't want to sell to us then it's up to them, why would they want to weaken there side to strengthen another team in the SPL?

They are well within there rights to sell to somebody out-width the SPL, if they do indeed have offers from another side.

It's not really.

We offer 750. They say they want 1.2 million. We come back with a counter offer of 900k. They say how about 850k plus Little/Fleck/Webster for half a season.

Deal get's agreed after a bit of back and forth.

It's a perfectly fine opening offer and anybody who thinks it's not is just looking for a way to slate Bain, Murray, Smith and the banks.

Your probably correct about the offer when its thought about. Getting him for under £1m and on a 5 year deal as Paul says would be a great deal and he will be on a low wage i would guess, he wont be on much obviously with Utd.

There are many other reasons for slating those you mentioned, many other ways, the Goodwillie deal is a no lose situation imo. I just dont want to pay too much for him, i dont even think we can as were skint anyway.

I thought Webster was going full time to them, maybe they are asking for Webster and we are saying we need him. Maybe the difference between what we save from Kennys wage and what we pay David will give us money to loan or possibly tie up someone else? We just dont know and have to wait and see.

If Dundee Utd don't want to sell to us then it's up to them, why would they want to weaken there side to strengthen another team in the SPL?

They are well within there rights to sell to somebody out-width the SPL, if they do indeed have offers from another side.

I don't think they'll have a problem with selling any of their players to Rangers, they will just want to hold out for the highest fee possible they can get. As mentioned before, Dundee Utd aren't in the best financial state either and I personally think they would bite our hand off if we bidded £1m for Goodwillie.

Hundreds of players have been transferred to us and them from within this league and hundreds more will be transferred in the future.

We are hardly a direct rival of them anyway, they are not title challengers and they need the money badly too, which is why we should not be pandering to them.

(tu)

<cr> Wheres the £750,000 come from? Surely this means Miller's being punted. Goodwillie is a smashing player but not what we need right now imo.

We must keep Miller until the end of the season plus we've got striking choices in Jelavic, Naismith, Lafferty, Fleck and not forgetting Beattie.

WS sign a defender ;)or sell lafferty <cr>

why do we put in stupid bids that we know will be rejected and make us look pretty pathetic ???? :anguish:

because its the right thing too do, we know they more than likely say no, which means we then start building our offer up looking to get it at their lowest price. No point going in saying heres two million and they say no, then we need to offer more. Or they say yes and then later we find out they were only looking for 1.1 To 1.3 Million.

I don't think they'll have a problem with selling any of their players to Rangers, they will just want to hold out for the highest fee possible they can get. As mentioned before, Dundee Utd aren't in the best financial state either and I personally think they would bite our hand off if we bidded £1m for Goodwillie.

All clubs are looking for the best deal possible, but as Dundee Utd are one of the teams that are trying to compete against us. It would be silly if two bids of exactly the same amount come in, and they chose us. Sometimes we forget that point.

I would be delighted with 900k + Andy Little. Would rather keep Fleck.

I'd rather keep Fleck too, but he's nearing that horrible make or break stage now. Some more fickle fans are running out of patience with him and Smith doesn't appear to be that keen on him.

Six months playing just off of John Daly (who although garbage is proabbly one of the better target men in this league) could show Smith that he can be a big player in this league and do wonders for his career at Rangers.

Andy Little just has utility squad player written all over him, whereas Fleck has that bit of ability he just needs to find a way to develop it.

i know im not one for the conspiracies. but we are being run in to the ground. just going through the names on the back of my shirts past 3 years, the majority have sold or left. im amazed boogie is still here and shagger. but we'll wait and see.

Thats just how Murray likes it, fans to wait and see, all the while we are ploughing our millions into the club every year for ti to go to what.....a debt to cover Murray and Bains mistakes.

:(

(tu)

All clubs are looking for the best deal possible, but as Dundee Utd are one of the teams that are trying to compete against us. It would be silly if two bids of exactly the same amount come in, and they chose us. Sometimes we forget that point.

If 2 bids of the same amount came in, wouldn't they accept both and allow Goodwillie and his agent to deal with which club he signs for?

If Miller had any intention of signing a new contract, he wouldn't be leaving right now

A lot of people forgetting this when they choose to blame the club for not letting him sit tight and pocket another £500,000, whilst costing us an extra £600,000 on top of that

Hundreds of players have been transferred to us and them from within this league and hundreds more will be transferred in the future.

We are hardly a direct rival of them anyway, they are not title challengers and they need the money badly too, which is why we should not be pandering to them.

(tu)

The days of us bullying the so called "wee teams" are on the decline, clubs down south are a better option all round for them.

If Dundee Utd get two bids of exactly the same amount for Goodwillie, we'll get rejected.